Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Using old saves in the new version  (Read 1352 times)

Spiky

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Using old saves in the new version
« on: June 19, 2013, 11:21:32 am »

I have a fortress from 3a that I would like to play in the version 3b. Simply copying the save file seems to work, however replacing the raw files causes the game to crash (pretty predictable). I presume that it is impossible to fully update without starting a new world, but will DFhack things like the growthbug fix work if I simply move the save file? Am I going to experience problems?

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Using old saves in the new version
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 12:04:42 pm »

I have a fortress from 3a that I would like to play in the version 3b. Simply copying the save file seems to work, however replacing the raw files causes the game to crash (pretty predictable). I presume that it is impossible to fully update without starting a new world, but will DFhack things like the growthbug fix work if I simply move the save file? Am I going to experience problems?

I think I read something about the itemsyndrome script working differently between 3 and 3a in a way that required changing the raws - I'm not sure whether any of the DFHack updates in 3b require raw changes.  The growthbug fix should work fine, though.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.