Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Worldgen website  (Read 1138 times)

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
Worldgen website
« on: June 20, 2013, 01:19:53 pm »

Please bear with me as I am not very smart, I am quite the newb at most things,  and what I'm shooting for is way beyond my capacity to do.. but I know some html and python and I am willing to learn. I would like to try to do this.

I have dabbled through the world gen cookbook thread and I am a great admirer of it. I want to try to take it to the next level. I want to create a website that indexes world generations and specified embark points. It would provide a form where people could fill out all the required information. For those who do not know how (I am included in this), tutorials on how to retrieve it.

I want to try to make it searchable so that one might type something like "version of DF, appropriate mods, flux, tower, flat, 2x2, volcano, war with elves, etc" and the appropriate worlds would list themselves with side by side comparisons for people to rate.

Eventually I would like to set up a computer that would generate worlds and list off all the possible embarks (yes, I do not even know how this could be possible), so that finding exactly what you are looking for would be a walk in the park.

With some moral support and guidance I think this is a wonderful idea. What say ye?

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
Re: Worldgen website
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 01:44:37 pm »

This one may be what you're looking for.

Alternately, from the wiki.

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
Re: Worldgen website
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 01:53:48 pm »

This one may be what you're looking for.

Alternately, from the wiki.

Yes sir that is exactly what I am looking for... it is a shame they only have eight worlds posted... I'll have to help change that.

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.