Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many want to keep this up in the next release?

Me
- 16 (22.9%)
Me!
- 54 (77.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 261

Author Topic: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.  (Read 491801 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.
« Reply #1560 on: August 16, 2013, 09:35:31 pm »

Ok, downloaded today, one/two comments/questions (the following was gathered via arena mode, sorry if that's useless for some reason):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pic of halfling (armed with aeresium scimitar) vs spirit report:

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: August 16, 2013, 09:53:27 pm »

Ok, downloaded today, one/two comments/questions (the following was gathered via arena mode, sorry if that's useless for some reason):

Pic of halfling (armed with aeresium scimitar) vs spirit report:

No data is entirely useless.  This in fact tells me that I need to reinstate the 'core' body part in order for the creature to be harmed, because, apparently, having a gaseous layer covering a solid layer doesn't work in allowing the creature to be harmed.

The melting was unintentional.  I'm not going to classify it as bug, instead, it will be called the 'dispersing' feature.

All they can do is emit a small cloud of ether occasionally.

This ether? Because I could foresee that being...annoying. :)

More like the mist you see around Ghosts.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: August 16, 2013, 10:16:01 pm »

Didn't the guy complain about you doing this with his Aeresium?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: August 16, 2013, 10:32:46 pm »

Didn't the guy complain about you doing this with his Aeresium?

Well, since it completely flopped from not being able to come into contact with the creature, he doesn't have anything to complain about anymore.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: August 16, 2013, 11:46:49 pm »

The fact that you can HAVE Aeresium weapons (which I explicitly forbade in the material files) is the point of issue, not the material weakness for the specific creature. So Lucy, you do, in fact, have some 'splaining to do.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: August 17, 2013, 09:39:06 am »

All they can do is emit a small cloud of ether occasionally.

This ether? Because I could foresee that being...annoying. :)

I immediately thought of Aether (particularly as the fifth element or in alchemy) instead, but that's just the result of a recent wiki walk.

Edit: Does ether actually do anything, or is it merely aesthetic? I imagine it's kind of like mist, or have I misunderstood?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 12:43:26 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: August 17, 2013, 04:50:25 pm »

The fact that you can HAVE Aeresium weapons (which I explicitly forbade in the material files) is the point of issue, not the material weakness for the specific creature. So Lucy, you do, in fact, have some 'splaining to do.

I didn't modify the definition in the slightest, and the custom reactions necessary for the lizardfolk to create weapons (I removed all standard smithing jobs) are set up to use any bar, and Aeresium is one of the metals they can work.  I have no idea why they are showing up in arena mode, because I had absolutely nothing to do with that.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: August 17, 2013, 05:26:25 pm »

All materials with certain tags show up as weapons/armors in arena.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: August 18, 2013, 08:14:32 am »

Hi again, if your not busy I have a question:

ax:
Lizardkin forge:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 01:39:07 pm by Cain12 »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: August 18, 2013, 08:17:33 pm »

On embark (as Lizardkin) I found I can't bring an ax of any kind and on building a carpenters shop I can't make one (or any wooden weapon), intentional/error on my part? Also, I built a Lizardkin forge which I found had zero options for new tasks.

The only weapons that can be created at a carpenter's workshop are training weapons, which the lizardkin don't have.

They don't appear to have any axes as a permitted weapon either, only bladed longbows, spears, and mining equipment.

Also, the forge reactions are missing an underscore. In the entity file they are called [PERMITTED_REACTION:LIZARDKIN1_ZTG] through [PERMITTED_REACTION:LIZARDKIN14_ZTG], but in the reactions file they are [REACTION:LIZARDKIN_1_ZTG] through [REACTION:LIZARDKIN_14_ZTG].

finally, PTW.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: August 18, 2013, 08:37:50 pm »

Hi again, if your not busy I have a question:

ax:
Lizardkin forge:
On embark (as Lizardkin) I found I can't bring an ax of any kind and on building a carpenters shop I can't make one (or any wooden weapon), intentional/error on my part? Also, I built a Lizardkin forge which I found had zero options for new tasks.

The only weapons that can be created at a carpenter's workshop are training weapons, which the lizardkin don't have.

They don't appear to have any axes as a permitted weapon either, only bladed longbows, spears, and mining equipment.

Also, the forge reactions are missing an underscore. In the entity file they are called [PERMITTED_REACTION:LIZARDKIN1_ZTG] through [PERMITTED_REACTION:LIZARDKIN14_ZTG], but in the reactions file they are [REACTION:LIZARDKIN_1_ZTG] through [REACTION:LIZARDKIN_14_ZTG].

finally, PTW.

Needs urgent bugfixing. Thanks for pointing out the exact problem too. Zanzetkuken? Also, this should have been caught earlier. Please playtest stuff you make for fort mode too.

I will assume Crustypeanut does not want his turn. Reemer30, how's it? 24h to report in, then passing on to bulborbish, then mastahcheese.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: August 18, 2013, 09:40:10 pm »

Needs urgent bugfixing. Thanks for pointing out the exact problem too. Zanzetkuken? Also, this should have been caught earlier. Please playtest stuff you make for fort mode too.

It's updated now.  If I wasn't hit with so many time drains that wound up hitting me at once, I probably would have found it.  If my turn had been one week earlier...oh well, bugfix out.

reemer30

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:swag]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: August 19, 2013, 07:08:05 pm »

Yeah, I won't be able to add as much as I planned to, as school started up again today, but I will do my best to add as much as I can. Downloading now, is Zanzetkuken's turn all done, and bug-free? Gotta try to think of a week's worth of ideas, any suggestions you got I will try to implement.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: August 20, 2013, 03:06:32 pm »

Great. Huh. I'm feeling slightly concerned at the lack of any replies. We're stalling, I think. Partially my fault for not being here so much, but I just can't. Partially everybody being busy I guess. Ideas on correcting course, what should do?

is Zanzetkuken's turn all done, and bug-free? Gotta try to think of a week's worth of ideas, any suggestions you got I will try to implement.

It should be all done as in it has all the features. It is bug-free like a Microsoft program on release, as usual... well, not that bad but the idea is: since it hasn't been playtested so much, we don't know. There are no obvious signs of error we look for but something might not work. If something turns out to not work, ZTG should provide a fix ASAP as it's his bugfixing turn now.

There's a lot of stuff that needs to be done. One thing is more natural natural things. You could work on some items and minerals, we have very few forms of armor (my special leather pack adds some too, you can plug it in if you like). The elves are notably bare-bones, they are currently naked and have no weapons, nor any defining cultural traits (they aren't even hostile, ever). Their author BFEL has given you free license to modify them so long as the original idea that they are slaves to tree-lords is respected. So improving elves by adding equipment and culture and traits is a big to-do.

reemer30

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:swag]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: August 20, 2013, 06:52:06 pm »

The elves are notably bare-bones, they are currently naked and have no weapons, nor any defining cultural traits (they aren't even hostile, ever).
Well, I do believe that the nudity does reinforce the slavery idea of them. But yeah, some natural stuff sounds like I can do it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 06:56:26 pm by reemer30 »
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 261