Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many want to keep this up in the next release?

Me
- 16 (22.9%)
Me!
- 54 (77.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 261

Author Topic: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.  (Read 492510 times)

Zorg Master Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.
« Reply #2835 on: November 03, 2013, 05:31:13 pm »

The walls were made of ice, but the tops were green. I just took a screenshot of the top.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: November 03, 2013, 05:38:23 pm »

I believe there was discussion of "hell grass" a while back, and I suppose we see the result here. Personally, I think it would look better without.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: November 03, 2013, 05:48:01 pm »

No, hell grass was an actual grass which just looked like an ice floor. It was never implemented. This is a new thing.

I'm counting at least the following bugs that need investigating:
- Mysterious plant substances, nameless substances, and "n/a" (duplicated raws again?)
- Incorrect materials included in squid, and probably other creatures
- Strange colors in hell
- Lizardfolk reaction problems(?)

...Those may take some time. Still, I'm really happy with what we've created.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: November 03, 2013, 05:51:50 pm »

No, hell grass was an actual grass which just looked like an ice floor. It was never implemented. This is a new thing.

- Mysterious plant substances, nameless substances, and "n/a" (duplicated raws again?)
- Strange colors in hell

Most of the plant glitches have been fixed in bugfix 1.0.2, I believe the n/a is the result of someone accidentally making a plant make a drink that it isn't supposed to. Also, I've noticed that although the mamaphints are supposed to have ivory, they seem to have horn instead.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: November 03, 2013, 06:00:39 pm »

Good.

Could you add the verbal interactions so trolls can actually speak? These: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.msg4732163;topicseen#msg4732163

Also, here's where it can get confusing: If you download from github, the vocalizations are fixed already. If you download from DFFD you don't have duplication but you don't get the vocalizations fix either. Hm.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: November 03, 2013, 06:10:41 pm »

What does the errorlog say?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: November 03, 2013, 06:21:29 pm »

In Gnorm v. 1.0.0 you get notified about
Duplicate Object: plant APPLE_WOOD_KPT
Duplicate Object: plant APPLE_FRUIT_KPT
pre-embark.

In Gnorm v. 1.0.2 / Git turn 9 the errorlog is empty at fortress start, however, "n/a" can still be bought at embark under extracts in both versions. (no blank items though)

Zorg Master Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: November 03, 2013, 08:06:50 pm »

I reclaimed the fortress just to show hell again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The walls are blue and the floors are green.

It is definitely made out of ice.

The green floors are ice too, but they don't seem to have any sort of grass on it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: November 03, 2013, 08:15:42 pm »

Could it be the color mod?

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: November 04, 2013, 12:37:40 am »

- Strange colors in hell

Most of the plant glitches have been fixed in bugfix 1.0.2, I believe the n/a is the result of someone accidentally making a plant make a drink that it isn't supposed to. Also, I've noticed that although the mamaphints are supposed to have ivory, they seem to have horn instead.

I think you're right -- I'm not seeing any duplication, but I do count 29 occurrences of [STATE_NAME:LIQUID:n/a] or [STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:n/a] in the raws.  Any one of those could be the issue.

(In the future, may I suggest using slightly more descriptive names for "impossible" states. If all of those were named, say, [STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:n/a (material name)], with the actual material name in parentheses, this would be much easier to debug.)

Actually, though, I think I found the problem (or at least one of them):
Code: (inorganic_alchemy_STL.txt) [Select]
[INORGANIC:OCULENTIBUS_TEARS_STL]
        [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:INSECT_LIQUID_TEMPLATE_STL]
        [STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:CLEAR]
        [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:oculentibus tears]
        [STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:n/a]
        [STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:smoke]
        [TILE:178][DISPLAY_COLOR:1:0:1]

Speaking of which, I also notice that the stoneward / paralyzing incense reactions in reaction_alchemy_STL.txt call for [REAGENT:C:1:PLANT:NONE:INORGANIC:OCULENTIBUS_TEARS_STL], which I don't think is going to work; it should be LIQUID_MISC (I think) instead of PLANT.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 12:55:22 am by vyznev »
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: November 04, 2013, 02:54:14 am »

I just pushed a bunch of bug / typo / capitalization fixes to the master branch on GitHub.  Basically, the changes I made are:
  • Oculentibus tears are no longer named "n/a", and should now work properly in reactions (needs testing!).  Also, any remaining "n/a" state names now include the material name in parentheses for easier debugging.  (Still haven't figured out where the "liquid" extract comes from, though; it's not from INSECT_LIQUID_TEMPLATE_STL.)
  • Statues and hydra cocoons are now made of rock, so people should no longer prefer to consume them (I hope). Also, statues now die by freezing instead of air-drowning, which is more reliable. (Previously they could survive indefinitely in water.)  They'll still drown in magma, though.
  • The lizardfolk "chieftain" position is now spelled correctly, and the "grand chieftain" position actually has a name.
  • Some capitalized creature names and prefstrings have been uncapitalized for consistency.
  • Miscellaneous spelling / grammar fixes.
The detailed list of changesets is:
As usual, if you don't like some change I made to your raws, let me know and I'll revert it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 03:19:24 am by vyznev »
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: November 04, 2013, 03:20:02 am »

I had Giant and Gifted capitalized for emphasis, but if everyone else feels strongly about it it's not that big a change. What I'm more worried about is nobles demanding "Squid keratin" because it's in their preferences.

Also, I think someone had the gas state name for something that wasn't supposed to be gas as "problem" :) sounds like we could use more like that.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: November 04, 2013, 08:04:27 am »

Then you could bring 99 problems at embark. :P

On a related note, nobles demanding stuff made of squid bone is not that unusual, right? (It should probably still be fixed)

vyznev's master and release links can now be found in the first post. I'm impressed with how well this git stuff is working out, but I'm not sure how to integrate it better.

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: November 04, 2013, 08:45:31 am »

I had Giant and Gifted capitalized for emphasis, but if everyone else feels strongly about it it's not that big a change.

I don't really feel strongly about it either -- it just feels a bit inconsistent to me, but if it's supposed to be that way, I can just put it back the way it was and suppress my OCD. :)

Also, I think someone had the gas state name for something that wasn't supposed to be gas as "problem" :) sounds like we could use more like that.

That'll work too, at least as long as people are creative enough in their naming: finding something made of "problem" becomes somewhat less helpful if there are a dozen different materials using the same name.  Still, that's what synonyms are for...

vyznev's master and release links can now be found in the first post. I'm impressed with how well this git stuff is working out, but I'm not sure how to integrate it better.

I think it's about as well integrated now as it can be, without more people actually using Git to track their own contributions.  Admittedly, there's a bit of a learning curve there -- maybe not quite as bad as learning to play DF, but close. ;)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:47:07 am by vyznev »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: November 04, 2013, 09:02:19 pm »

I think I fixed the green ice. I noticed that hell ice's [BASIC_COLOR] was 10:0 while the other colours were 3:0:1

Checking the Dwarf Fortress wiki's colour scale, 10:0 is the same as 2:1, which is bright green. 11:0 or 3:1 would have been the blue expected of ice.

I've set the basic colour to [BASIC_COLOR:3:1] in my game and it seems to work.

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 261