Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many want to keep this up in the next release?

Me
- 16 (22.9%)
Me!
- 54 (77.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 261

Author Topic: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.  (Read 491245 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2013, 04:55:48 pm »

Ok, I need some suggestions.

I'm making the Treelord creature file now (finally finished the damn body plans...jesus...) however I have no idea what creature tile would be appropriate for a sentient tree.

This is of course assuming that DFFS (Dwarf fortress from scratch) will be compatible with tilesets like Phoebus (fat chance, but figured I would make the effort regardless.)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2013, 05:19:39 pm »

This is of course assuming that DFFS (Dwarf fortress from scratch) will be compatible with tilesets like Phoebus (fat chance, but figured I would make the effort regardless.)

It is absolutely not. I used different tiles for every creature than is vanilla and phoebus raws couldn't be patched into these anyway... there would have to be a new tileset or a manual change of these raws. If I were you I'd just make them tile 05 or 06 (trees) and give them a different color than usual, though. Or make them look like trees but make them flash 165 (night creature) or 38 (demon).

Let's hope you make it in time. Those raws still definitely need to be playtested and proofread. There's stuff like:
           [CE_BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:EAR:APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:110:SEV:10:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:403200:END:500000] <--- SEV does not apply here
       [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:1:START:302400 <--- no closing bracket

It'll probably come together pretty fast once the creature is done... but if you don't make it in time, you can keep developing and post/upload more stuff as suggestions and updates, and the guy who is modding it next can update your files if they're feeling good about it?

I'm awake!

I just re-downloaded the new update and am genning a world now. Small island, 15 megabeasts 40 semimegabeasts, no titans/demons/night trolls/bogeys/etc etc etc, 400 year history, minimum cavern water 5 instead of 0 (to guarantee spores, just in case that's relevant), only 4 civilizations instead of 10 because there are only halflings, other settings unchanged from default.

Nice. I was going to suggest exactly that kind of world. The new raws make things a bit more challenging, but not that much. Let's see how your brave halflings do!

Let's all make at least one. I'll do an ancient war machine.

That's a pretty good suggestion for all takers. If you have time, could make a "signature megabeast". Preferably stupidly hard but not unkillable. :D

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2013, 05:22:18 pm »

1)I'm making the Treelord creature file now (finally finished the damn body plans...jesus...) however I have no idea what creature tile would be appropriate for a sentient tree.

2)This is of course assuming that DFFS (Dwarf fortress from scratch) will be compatible with tilesets like Phoebus (fat chance, but figured I would make the effort regardless.)

1) You can use numbers of the various symbols in the creature tile option, so why not just make their tiles be those of trees?

2) Any mod is compatible with tilesets (with varying degrees of accuracy based on how much is changed), but graphical sets need to be defined separately.

Oh, I may want to mention this tool I find useful for my modding: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6588.  There are still some things you need to look up, but this provides most of what you need.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2013, 05:51:20 pm »

Something I noticed but forgot to mention. You can have multiple brokers/record keepers/managers. I'm pretty sure that isn't intentional.

Anyway. Starting! Embarked along a river, flowing between a shrubland and a rocky wasteland. Well, apparently "temperate" means "frozen", cause the river is frozen and everything's snowed over in the northern (forested) biome. Goody goody!

I did, however, find something interesting. Rock! Genuine rock! Not something I'd expected to see, to be frank. I'm quite pleased, and will be sending my miner to go dig it out... later. Right now we need to get our asses inside and prepare plans for an underground cistern. Not having drinking water during the frozen months will not be acceptable. The biome WAS listed as temperate, so it should thaw. Good thing, because I was briefly tempted to embark on the tundra..... Yeah. Haha. Funny, right?

Anyway, first order of business is going to be getting these halflings out of the cold. I've ordered a rudimentary underground halfling hole to be dug out, containing the area where I will eventually build a series of cage traps, a barracks, and a drawbridge for defense, and then past that, a small area for halflings to congregate. I've got a tiny farm on the surface, because it's telling me "No mud/soil for farming" even though there's clearly dirt. I'm not sure if it'll let me farm, so I'm testing that out.

I brought the following supplies to start us off:

1 shovel
2 hatchets
11 flaxseeds
11 pumpkin seeds
11 pumpkins
5 sheets of flax cloth
3 flax ropes
3 wood buckets
3 wood crutches
3 wood splints
45 wood logs
3 ducks, 2 female 1 male
3 hounds, 2 female 1 male

I'm gonna be training the hounds for war, have them follow my archer around. I took with me a miner/cook, two farmers, a wood cutter/herbalist, an archer, a butcher/tanner/noble, and a carpenter, who will likely be very busy here.

One week in and the halflings have proved quite industrious. We're still carving out the barracks, as we came across an unexpected deposit of stone, which takes far longer to dig through. We're having the nearby wood chopped down and nearby plants gathered, to be stored in an aboveground stockpile until we can move everything to the fortified underground bunker. I may build the bridge now that I can get it hooked up with stone mechanisms. Our carpenter has produced several nest boxes for the ducks to use, and is starting on the bows next. The farmers have finished sowing the pumpkin seeds, and I may have them do the same with flaxseeds just to increase our potential yield, even if we don't have much of a need for a textile industry yet... not to mention the workforce to support one. The snow finally melted on the 11th, and it looks like the river might thaw soon. We're hopeful that it does, because I'm going to need to dig out a cistern soon. If we don't get a holding tank for water during the winter, we'll starve. Period. At least now I can see the ground...

20th Granite: The river is thawed at last! One halfling rushes off for his first drink.

17th Slate: Progress is being made... We've got beds and tables installed, and we're digging out underground workshop areas. Suddenly I get a notification that someone threw a rock at a hound! Luckily the bastard ran off with its toes bleeding, but still. Yikes. That's frightening. Our mayor mandated we make some bows. I already made some bows. We don't need five bows for our one archer.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2013, 05:55:34 pm »

What is there to defend against? Treelords and elves? Are they set to be pure evil cannibalistic monsters or something?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2013, 06:03:31 pm »

Ducks are as big as halflings, Hounds even bigger and more vicious, and I'm fairly certain there are mega and semimegabeasts already ingame. Potentially other surprises. I'm not taking chances.

Plus I can cage ducks and get more eggs. Mmm. Eggs

EDIT: speaking of eggs. I've got a stack of 11 eggs and a stack of 13 eggs sitting in my stockpile. Z-screen kitchen doesn't show eggs as cookable. That may need to be fixed, since I KNOW you can't eat raw eggs. :( So much for that plan. I guess I'll have to butcher baby ducks instead.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:10:00 pm by laularukyrumo »
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2013, 06:14:56 pm »

I've got a tiny farm on the surface, because it's telling me "No mud/soil for farming" even though there's clearly dirt. I'm not sure if it'll let me farm, so I'm testing that out.

You should be able to farm.  Don't worry about that message unless you are trying to farm on what you know is rock.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2013, 06:16:02 pm »

Ducks are as big as halflings, Hounds even bigger and more vicious, and I'm fairly certain there are mega and semimegabeasts already ingame. Potentially other surprises. I'm not taking chances.

Are there? I thought it was just ducks, halflings, hounds, and elf-freaks. I'll check the raws. Still, caution is good.

Also, until we feel up to making our own, we might want to leave the vanilla RCP stuff in, so we can get titans and stuff made of our materials.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:20:45 pm by HugoLuman »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2013, 06:21:14 pm »

What is there to defend against? Treelords and elves? Are they set to be pure evil cannibalistic monsters or something?

No, no....they are far FAR worse....just click on "The Elf- A theory" in my sig, and you will know how much worse.

Also, update.

Specifically, interactions:

Code: [Select]
interaction_bfel

[OBJECT:INTERACTION]

[INTERACTION:ELF_RESURRECT_BFEL]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_BP]
[IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:TREELORD:ELF]
[IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION]
[I_EFFECT:RESURRECT]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]

[INTERACTION:CLAYMAN_ANIMATE_BFEL]
[I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_BP]
[IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:CLAYMAN:ALL]
[IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION]
[I_EFFECT:ANIMATE]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]

[INTERACTION:CLAYMAN_REGEN_BFEL]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:CLAYMAN:ALL]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:1]
[CE:CREATURE:CLAYMAN:ALL]

Yeah you guys are gonna hate me SOOOOO much when this is done  8)

Indeed, I do this.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2013, 06:29:16 pm »

Are there? I thought it was just ducks, halflings, hounds, and elf-freaks. I'll check the raws. Still, caution is good.

Also, until we feel up to making our own, we might want to leave the vanilla RCP stuff in, so we can get titans and stuff made of our materials.

There's some stuff, but it would be a fair assessment to say the world is not going to be that dangerous of a place if you employ cage traps. Ducks are the size of ducks, but halflings are pretty small and can die fighting ducks (they still win by default though). Come to think of it, my next balance fix probably gives some creatures trapavoid. But really, how dangerous can a world without hostile civilizations and tons of beasts ever be? I trust subsequent turns will make it more so. It's looking like it anyway.

The RCP stuff from vanilla refers to vanilla tissues bodies and materials. What's worse is that it assigns the creatures the same attributes, interactions and tokens according to a particular design and you can only change that by editing the DF executable. That's possible, but we don't have enough stuff of our own to make beasts yet. So as it is bringing them in would make it completely not "from scratch".

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2013, 06:33:03 pm »

Yeah you guys are gonna hate me SOOOOO much when this is done  8)

One of us will just create an equally overpowered playable race. A race of complete indestructibles. Yes, the infinitely regenerating versus the completely indestructible. Yes... A race of atomic supermen! That will not conquer the world!

Or, more likely, a race of telekinetic eyeballs encased in glass spheres.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2013, 06:45:59 pm »

EDIT: speaking of eggs. I've got a stack of 11 eggs and a stack of 13 eggs sitting in my stockpile. Z-screen kitchen doesn't show eggs as cookable. That may need to be fixed, since I KNOW you can't eat raw eggs. :( So much for that plan. I guess I'll have to butcher baby ducks instead.

Thanks for finding that one! Eggs are actually made of organ tissue right now if you use my EGGS_HLG template (because I didn't see the point of having a separate tissue for eggs), but I hadn't set that to be cookable.

Since it only alters existing materials, if you download my newest raws that I just uploaded and overwrite save raws with them, your eggs should become cookable instantly. :)

I'm a bit of a klutz, but it's really hard to remember to add everything too.

So:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2013, 07:05:33 pm »

A seperate tissue for eggs enables them to be made of a different material.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2013, 07:09:29 pm »

Almost done with the Treelords (would be totally done if I hadn't forgot to give them attacks, oops :P)

Raws:

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:TREELORD]
[CASTE:TREELORDMALE]
[POP_RATIO:10][MALE]
[DESCRIPTION:A sentient tree, progenitor of the elven menace.]
[CASTE_NAME:treelord:treelords:forested]
[CREATURE_TILE:][COLOR:]
[INTELLIGENT][NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT][NO_DIZZINESS][NO_FEVERS]
[NOBONES][NOMEAT][NONAUSEA][NOSKIN][NOSKULL][NO_SLEEP][UTTERANCES]
[MOUNT][EXTRAVISION][CANOPENDOORS][BUILDINGDESTROYER:1]
[PREFSTRING:natural majesty]
[CREATURE_CLASS:ALL]
[HAS_NERVES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:PLANT_MATERIALS_BFEL]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:PLANT_TISSUES_BFEL]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:PLANT_LAYERS_BFEL]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ELF_RESURRECT_BFEL]
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:100:170:230:280:350:390:450]               
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:RECUPERATION:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]         
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:DISEASE_RESISTANCE:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000]
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:PATIENCE:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000]               
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:MEMORY:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000]             
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:LINGUISTIC_ABILITY:1250:1500:1750:2000:2500:3000:5000]  +++
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:SPATIAL_SENSE:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]         +
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:700:1200:1400:1500:1600:1800:2500]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:10]
[BODY_SIZE:10:90:200000]
[BODY_SIZE:100:168:2000000]
[BODY_SIZE:400:37:8000000]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:CLEANS_SELF_DAILY_HLG]
[BABY:10]
[CHILD:50]
[DIURNAL]
[HOMEOTHERM:10067]
[SWIMS_LEARNED][SWIM_SPEED:25000]
[SPEED:5000]

[CASTE:TREELORDFEMALE]
[POP_RATIO:10][FEMALE][LITTERSIZE:7:30]
[DESCRIPTION:A sentient tree, progenitor of the elven menace.]
[CASTE_NAME:treequeen:treequeens:forested]
[CREATURE_TILE:6][COLOR:6:0:0]
[CHILDNAME:seedling:seedlings]
[INTELLIGENT][NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT][NO_DIZZINESS][NO_FEVERS]
[NOBONES][NOMEAT][NONAUSEA][NOSKIN][NOSKULL][NO_SLEEP][UTTERANCES]
[MOUNT][EXTRAVISION][CANOPENDOORS][BUILDINGDESTROYER:1]
[PREFSTRING:natural majesty]
[CREATURE_CLASS:ALL]
[HAS_NERVES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:PLANT_MATERIALS_BFEL]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:PLANT_TISSUES_BFEL]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:PLANT_LAYERS_BFEL]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ELF_RESURRECT_BFEL]
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:100:170:230:280:350:390:450]               
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:RECUPERATION:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]         
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:DISEASE_RESISTANCE:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000]
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:PATIENCE:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000]               
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:MEMORY:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000]             
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:10]
[BODY_SIZE:10:90:200000]
[BODY_SIZE:100:168:2000000]
[BODY_SIZE:400:37:8000000]
[BABY:10]
[CHILD:50]
[DIURNAL]
[SWIMS_LEARNED][SWIM_SPEED:25000]
[SPEED:5000]

[CASTE:ELF]
[POP_RATIO:80]
[DESCRIPTION:A medium-sized creature claiming to be a ruthless protector of nature. In truth it is a mere pawn of the forests and has no will of its own.]
[CASTE_NAME:elf:elves:elven]
[CREATURE_TILE:140][COLOR:7:0:0]
[CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:140]
[CAN_SPEAK][SLOW_LEARNER][VERMIN_HATEABLE]
[CANOPENDOORS][NOTHOUGHT][WAGON_PULLER]
[BENIGN][NO_SLEEP]
[MAXAGE:1000:2000]
[PREFSTRING:dying screams]
[BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:TONGUE:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[CREATURE_CLASS:ALL][CREATURE_CLASS:HUMANOID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:MAMMAL][CREATURE_CLASS:VERTEBRATE]
[HAS_NERVES]
[BODY:CORE_HLG:BACK_LEGS_HLG:ARMS_HLG:EXTERNAL_EARS_HLG:TEETH_HLG]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CORE_MATERIALS_HLG]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CORE_TISSUES_HLG]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:TEETH_HLG]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CORE_LAYERS_HLG]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BACK_LEGS_LAYERS_HLG]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:ARMS_LAYERS_HLG]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:EXTERNAL_EARS_LAYERS_HLG]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HAIR_HLG]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HAIR_ON_HEAD_HLG]
[BODYGLOSS:TWOLEGS_HLG]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:TENDON:400]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:TENDON:400]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:PUNCH_HLG]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:KICK_HLG]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ROUNDHOUSE_KICK_HLG]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:BITE_NO_LATCH_HLG]
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]               +
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:RECUPERATION:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]          +
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:DISEASE_RESISTANCE:1250:1500:1750:2000:2500:3000:5000]  +++
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:INTUITION:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]             +
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:PATIENCE:150:600:800:900:1000:1100:1500]                -
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:MEMORY:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000]              max
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:MUSICALITY:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]            +
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:3000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:168:15000]
[BODY_SIZE:12:0:60000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:75:95:98:100:102:105:125]
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:500]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:75:95:98:100:102:105:125]
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:500]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:CLOSE_SET:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:DEEP_SET:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:ROUND_VS_NARROW:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LARGE_IRIS:25:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:30:60:90:110:150:190]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:LIP]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:THICKNESS:50:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:lips:PLURAL]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:55:70:90:110:150:190]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:NOSE]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:25:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:25:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:UPTURNED:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:CONVEX:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:nose bridge:SINGULAR]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EAR]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:SPLAYED_OUT:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:ears:PLURAL]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HANGING_LOBES:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:700]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:91:94:98:102:106:109]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:GAPS:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:teeth:PLURAL]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:100:100:100:100:100:100:100] for vampires
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:1000]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:teeth:PLURAL]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:SKULL]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HIGH_CHEEKBONES:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROAD_CHIN:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:JUTTING_CHIN:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:SQUARE_CHIN:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]

[BABY:1]
[CHILD:12]
[EQUIPS]
[DIURNAL]
[SWIMS_LEARNED][SWIM_SPEED:2500]
[MANNERISM_FINGERS:finger:fingers]
[MANNERISM_NOSE:nose]
[MANNERISM_EAR:ear]
[MANNERISM_HEAD:head]
[MANNERISM_EYES:eyes]
[MANNERISM_MOUTH:mouth]
[MANNERISM_HAIR:hair]
[MANNERISM_KNUCKLES:knuckles]
[MANNERISM_LIPS:lips]
[MANNERISM_CHEEK:cheek]
[MANNERISM_NAILS:nails]
[MANNERISM_FEET:feet]
[MANNERISM_ARMS:arms]
[MANNERISM_HANDS:hands]
[MANNERISM_TONGUE:tongue]
[MANNERISM_LEG:leg]
[MANNERISM_LAUGH]
[MANNERISM_SMILE]
[MANNERISM_WALK]
[MANNERISM_SIT]
[MANNERISM_BREATH]
[MANNERISM_POSTURE]
[MANNERISM_STRETCH]
[MANNERISM_EYELIDS]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHEEK_WHISKERS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHIN_WHISKERS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:MOUSTACHE]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:SIDEBURNS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYEBROW]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYELASH]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:GOLDEN_YELLOW:1:GOLDENROD:1:MOSS_GREEN:1:ORANGE:1:PUMPKIN:1:RED:1:SAFFRON:1:SCARLET:1:SILVER:1:WHITE:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYEBROW]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:50:80:90:100:110:120:150]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:eyebrows:PLURAL]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:55:70:90:110:130:145]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYELASH]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:50:80:90:100:110:120:150]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:eyelashes:PLURAL]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:55:70:90:110:130:145]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHEEK_WHISKERS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHIN_WHISKERS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:MOUSTACHE]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:SIDEBURNS]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
[APP_MOD_RATE:1:DAILY:0:1000:0:0:NO_END]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:10:25:75:125:200:300]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:CINNAMON:1:COPPER:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_PEACH:1:DARK_TAN:1:ECRU:1:PALE_BROWN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:PALE_PINK:1:PEACH:1:PINK:1:RAW_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:IRIS_EYE_AQUA:1:IRIS_EYE_AQUAMARINE:1:IRIS_EYE_AZURE:1:IRIS_EYE_BLUE:1:IRIS_EYE_CERULEAN:1:IRIS_EYE_DARK_BLUE:1:IRIS_EYE_DARK_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_DARK_OLIVE:1:IRIS_EYE_EMERALD:1:IRIS_EYE_FERN_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_JADE:1:IRIS_EYE_LIGHT_BLUE:1:IRIS_EYE_MINT_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_MOSS_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_OLIVE:1:IRIS_EYE_PALE_BLUE:1:IRIS_EYE_PINE_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_SEA_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_SKY_BLUE:1:IRIS_EYE_SPRING_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_TEAL:1:IRIS_EYE_TURQUOISE:1:IRIS_EYE_AMBER:1:IRIS_EYE_GOLD:1:IRIS_EYE_GOLDEN_YELLOW:1:IRIS_EYE_YELLOW:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]

One of us will just create an equally overpowered playable race. A race of complete indestructibles. Yes, the infinitely regenerating versus the completely indestructible. Yes... A race of atomic supermen! That will not conquer the world!

Or, more likely, a race of telekinetic eyeballs encased in glass spheres.

Oh, claymen don't just regenerate, they MULTIPLY.

They have the ability to reanimate their own severed limbs, and also the ability to regenerate.
Also their arms and legs have the [SOCKET] tag, which is what makes vanilla teeth so prone to flying out.

All these facts combine to mean that in combat, nearly any attack that isn't an instant kill will sever a limb, that limb will then be animated. Then it will regenerate into a FULL CLAYMAN. And then you are fighting two claymen, and then it repeats until you are overwhelmed in a sea of them.

Yeah, don't piss off Claymen.....

Ok, this is all assuming my interactions work how they are supposed to....which......well let me put it like this, I once copy-pasted a fireball interaction from a fire imp ONTO A FIRE IMP, and the interaction broke.....XD yeah interactions hate me
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 07:12:48 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2013, 07:21:38 pm »

A seperate tissue for eggs enables them to be made of a different material.

...actually looking at it more closely they never had their own tissue, just their own set of materials that that token imports, my bad... But that notwithstanding, the point of that (having a separate egg material template) for us is unclear. If you just make them out of the creature's edible materials, they'll be edible, they'll be called creature eggs, they'll work the exact same. It's going to make a difference to have a separate egg material template that you link to creatures if you suddenly want to make all egg material by default be super heavy or burn at a different temperature by default...? If you want some individual creature's egg mats to be different, you can import them separately or define so when defining the egg.

It's not even one material template in vanilla used to make eggs, it's three. I get why Toady would want to make stuff like that, because if he's going to add some awesome function to eggs made of egg materials that doesn't exist now, that's going to work and this won't. But right now for my creatures it seemed like a waste of resources. Of course anyone else can make their eggs be more complex and add such templates, not saying that.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 261