Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many want to keep this up in the next release?

Me
- 16 (22.9%)
Me!
- 54 (77.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 261

Author Topic: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.  (Read 493239 times)

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.
« Reply #690 on: July 15, 2013, 09:30:05 pm »

>add the reactions required for Iridium Processing to all civilized, metal-using races, and then upload.

Sounds good. Halflings too should probably count as metal-using for this purpose, since they're supposed to be allowed to use metal in fort mode (but not have it in worldgen mode due to being set to wooden equipment and not generating furnace operators).

Why is hell no longer diggable for water? :o

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 15, 2013, 09:53:16 pm »

FYI, metamorphic aquifer layers definitely do flood the caverns--partially. Aquifers also absorb water infinitely, so it's more of a very wide puddle... that quarters your FPS.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 15, 2013, 10:04:30 pm »

Because "ice" melts into 833 water, which is a contaminant, and not drinkable.

Also good to know about the halflings. Gave them reaction, uploading.....

DING! File's up...

EDIT: Ninja'd by Putnam... decided to take aquifer off of Nechetite because, as funny as that would be, the FPS damage is no Fun.

I will begin my tests now. Genning a world under similar conditions as the first time I played..... Let's see how long we last this time. At least now I have aquifers so I'm not necessarily fucked if I forget to dig an underground cistern before winter, oops.

LOL!

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 09:48:49 am by laularukyrumo »
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 15, 2013, 11:33:56 pm »

Aw, dang it.

No, the wizards should not propogate that rapidly, those were lowered numbers for testing that I forgot to put back up, the wait time should not be 44 days, it should be more like 200 or so.

Here you go, replace the interaction file with this fixed version.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 15, 2013, 11:55:59 pm »

Already found weirdness. You can embark with the "ice" that makes up Hell. You're not supposed to be able to do that.

Halflings are also apparently cutting tetraline, as if it were a gemstone. It can be purchased on embark, from 'Small Cut Gems' and from 'Large Cut Gems'. That's not supposed to happen--tetraline is a stone, not a gem.

Ugh...

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:TETRALINE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE_HLG]
[TILE:176]
[IS_STONE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:tetraline]
[MELTING_POINT:13000]
[BOILING_POINT:16000]
[IGNEOUS_INTRUSIVE]

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:HELL_ICE]
[DEEP_SURFACE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SOIL_TEMPLATE_LKR] Used "soil" template because the only difference is absence of ITEMS_HARD, and I don't want people making crafts out of the frozen hell. Yet. We can change it later if we want.
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:WHITE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:ice]
[STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:CLEAR] [STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:water] [STATE_COLOR:GAS:CLEAR] [STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:steam] [STATE_NAME_ADJ:SOLID_POWDER:snow] [STATE_NAME_ADJ:SOLID_PASTE:slush] Failsafes in case wacky stuff happens. It SHOULDN'T, but, you never know.

[BASIC_COLOR:1:0]
[BUILD_COLOR:3:0:0]
[TILE_COLOR:7:7:1]
[SPEC_HEAT:4181]
[MELTING_POINT:NONE]
[BOILING_POINT:NONE]
[IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
[HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
[COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:9999]
[SOLID_DENSITY:920]
[LIQUID_DENSITY:1000]
[IS_STONE]
[UNDIGGABLE]

I also caught them with access to iridium... I dunno if that's avoidable, as if they don't have the reaction in worldgen then you can't use iridium in fort mode. You CAN embark with Processed Iridium, though, which is weird, as that shouldn't be allowed. Oh well.

More strangeness.... I've got cliffs made out of Blue Dirt, and they're not wet. Which is odd. I've unpaused exactly long enough to see if they would start generating water, but not long enough for any digging. It'll happen soon enough, though, because....

I don't know exactly where, but somebody fucked up hardcore.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 09:48:27 am by laularukyrumo »
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

emeralis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 16, 2013, 12:19:10 am »

I don't know exactly where, but somebody fucked up hardcore.

Damn, beat me to it.  I was about to ask what was up.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #696 on: July 16, 2013, 12:22:39 am »

That is singularly the most amazing bug I have ever seen. Unless there was one more amazing that I forgot about.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 16, 2013, 12:23:35 am »

If we're counting vanilla DF bugs, the 2000 z-level adamantine spire beats this. If we're only counting bugs out of this game, I'm inclined to agree with you. So far.

I'm quite literally including it solely to see if metamorphic, aquifer stone will flood caverns. Mwehehehehe.....

Noooo! The cave mold! You monster  :'(

I'm also sigging this.

EDIT: Mining the frozen blood leaves an item on the ground simply called "blood". It appears to be classed as a contaminant, as a halfling came in and "cleaned" it.

What the fuck.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:43:22 am by laularukyrumo »

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 16, 2013, 01:05:57 am »

EDIT: Mining the frozen blood leaves an item on the ground simply called "blood". It appears to be classed as a contaminant, as a halfling came in and "cleaned" it.
What the fuck.
it would awesome if the underworld were made of this
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 16, 2013, 01:15:37 am »

@the sigging: I am honored :)

@Armok's Revenge: My God, Laula...what have you done? I know for a fact the world didn't do that when I uploaded Revision 6.5. I'm pretty sure that's your glitch...and it just displaced my bleeding molten glass as most awesome.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 16, 2013, 01:47:29 am »

I think calling this phenomenon "Armok's Revenge" is simply epic. But I don't think it was my fault per se, because emeralis mentioned that he was about to bring that to the forum's attention, but that I beat him to it. And I know for a fact nobody had downloaded my files when I put that post up.

I get the feeling that this might be caused by raw duplication somewhere. Because I've got dry Blue Sand, and that Should Not Be. It would also explain why the fuck you can embark with Nevermelting Hell Ice, despite it very clearly being DEEP_SURFACE.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:19:42 am by laularukyrumo »

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #701 on: July 16, 2013, 03:43:20 am »

Crtl-F, anyone?

Yeah, duplicate raws sounds fairly reasonable. Now the hard part is FINDING the damn thing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 16, 2013, 03:55:38 am »

Crtl-F, anyone?

Yeah, duplicate raws sounds fairly reasonable. Now the hard part is FINDING the damn thing.
Duplicate raws should show up in the error log.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 16, 2013, 04:22:59 am »

Aw, dang it.

No, the wizards should not propogate that rapidly, those were lowered numbers for testing that I forgot to put back up, the wait time should not be 44 days, it should be more like 200 or so.

Here you go, replace the interaction file with this fixed version.

K. Still, wizards will overtake your fort eventually due to their geometic growth in number.

If you want wizards to be a minority always, you could make them also spread "non-wizardry" that makes you never learn to be a wizard 2x faster than they do wizardry, leading to about 1/3 of the fort being wizards at most.

Also I'd say it's definitely laula's new raws, as Leibowitz 6.5 works fine. I'm not linking them on the front page til this is settled to avoid massive confusion :p

emeralis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 16, 2013, 04:39:14 am »

Also I'd say it's definitely laula's new raws

I do not have Laula's raws and this popped up.

EDIT: picture of the frozen blood, found using dfhack

EDIT dos: prospect says something about dark blood HLG.  The one in inorganic_vampire_halfling.txt
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 04:54:15 am by emeralis00 »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 261