Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many want to keep this up in the next release?

Me
- 16 (22.9%)
Me!
- 54 (77.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 261

Author Topic: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.  (Read 490198 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.
« Reply #1380 on: August 08, 2013, 12:55:09 am »

Suggestion: Make the rocketphants shoot indirected dust (called pressurised air or something) that flings them into air and adds them some tags so they survive the impact. They should have no cooldown so the rocketphants would fly insanely around when threatened :P
i don't particularly want them to survive. they are supposed to be a bit like lemmings.
This would make them ridiculously deadly, though.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 08, 2013, 02:42:54 am »

There's a difference between "lemming" and "suicide bomber"
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 08, 2013, 02:45:09 am »

There's a difference between "lemming" and "suicide bomber"
I'm sigging this.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 08, 2013, 02:58:42 am »

Sorry Hugo. I don't know either offhand. Try removing various parts and replacing them with parts from creatures that work so you can approximate the location of the problem. I'd start with the obvious biome- and nature-related tokens.

Before uploading, could you please make sure that it adds these known fixes: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.msg4455187;topicseen#msg4455187
Most up to date raws with sackhead's patch (put it on the front page) should add numbers 2 and 4 on the bugfixes list.

Special leathers are also on my wish-list but that's just add-on stuff, the above is necessary so we can forget about those issues. But they should work just by plugging said files in if wanted.

You don't need to upload it so fast you get in a hurry. It saves us all grief if the initial upload is well prepared, much more so than is caused by any potential miff from taking a little longer.

I'm reposting the checklist for uploading:
1. Integrate newest versions of old packs, as well as any suggestions. First part should be unnecessary this time around since the old packs haven't changed during sackhead's turn, but it makes sure, just in case. It may actually be safer to just not do this anymore unless obsolete raws are detected and announced. It may overwrite upgrades, unless done right, which is adding everything in chronological order, content first and fixes last, and that's so easy to mess up. Just add any updates and extra content you feel like adding.
2. Make sure it doesn't leave an errorlog after.
3. Upload (please, with a little description of what was added) and I'll put it up on the first page.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 08, 2013, 10:29:48 am »

River-only creatures aren't included in the text export pop file. They still exist in the world. See here.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 08, 2013, 01:00:44 pm »

Thanks! I have given River Squids access to tropical lakes, and they do indeed appear. They have yet to appear in rivers in adventure mode, but water striders are also somewhat uncommon in adventure mode, so you'll see.

Adding those other fixes. Carts/Palanquins already included, as seen in previous posts.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: August 08, 2013, 01:35:52 pm »

This file (hopefully) contains all the raws I have created or altered:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7884

Just overwrite it over the most recent version. I didn't include all the other raws because other people have made changes to them since.

Anyway:
-Six new creatures: 2 varieties of dirigible antelope, 4 wildly different Cephalopods
-Mallards now limited to lakes, rivers, ponds, and wetlands. [COMMON_DOMESTIC] still lets any civ anywhere use them, though.
-Hounds no longer exist in the wild, replaced by "Feral Hounds". They are restricted to badlands, tundras, mountains, and temperate forests, making room for other creatures to appear.
-Halfling's eye template changed so that eye injuries don't cause instantaneous bleedout
-Carts and palanquins added
-Had to move the Dirigible Antelope to my creatures file so that the variant would work
-Halflings no longer active during the summer
-Numerous bugs fixed, including all the fixes Halfling requested, no errorlog on my end.

I recommend playing with some Mountain or Tundra tiles on your map, so you get a good chance to see some of my new creatures.
More critters coming soon!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 01:37:39 pm by HugoLuman »

The Urist

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in slaughter lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 08, 2013, 01:48:41 pm »

They (rocketphants) wouldnt be so deadly if you give all other creatures [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:<your air material here>:1:100](or add that tag to some creature variations like CLEANS_SELF_DAILY_HLG so all playable races and most pets would have it)( also im not sure if i wrote that tag right but it is something like that BTW). And you can add tags [NOPAIN] [NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT], [NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT] and [NOTHOUGHT] so they dont die from the fall and maybe even werecurse full heal with interactions.
''He was 'twitching' because he's got MY AXE EMBEDDED IN HIS NERVOUS SYSTEM!''~Gimli

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 08, 2013, 02:03:30 pm »

So how do I get all this to work in a game?

Also, are there any files not in rar format?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 08, 2013, 02:16:06 pm »

They (rocketphants) wouldnt be so deadly if you give all other creatures [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:<your air material here>:1:100](or add that tag to some creature variations like CLEANS_SELF_DAILY_HLG so all playable races and most pets would have it)( also im not sure if i wrote that tag right but it is something like that BTW). And you can add tags [NOPAIN] [NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT], [NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT] and [NOTHOUGHT] so they dont die from the fall and maybe even werecurse full heal with interactions.

It's not the material that does the damage, though, it's the cave-in dust physics sending people flying, skidding, and crashing into things at high speed. And it's a pretty big gameplay changer to make every creature into husk-like invulnerables just for one joke.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 08, 2013, 02:38:36 pm »

Also, are there any files not in rar format?
^This I can't do dot rar and I can't do media fire.  :( I wish I could, masterwork sounds like fun but is only in dot rar.

But in case you ment any version and not just the most recent nearly all of them on the first post are in the much more sane dot zip format. I have been working from laularukyrumo's version.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:41:51 pm by kopout »
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: August 08, 2013, 02:44:50 pm »

Alright, I've reuploaded them as .zip. Remember, you can get WinRAR for free, though.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7884
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:47:31 pm by HugoLuman »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: August 08, 2013, 03:07:22 pm »

Thanks. My proplem is that I cant install these things and my last thing for getting at them was uninstalled.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 08, 2013, 03:14:09 pm »

I feel that I should reveal a segment of the coding, so I present to you a portion of the Lizardkin entity:

Spoiler: Jobs and Philosophy (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: August 08, 2013, 03:29:40 pm »

Thanks - your turn is added to the front page. Zanzetkuken, have at it please!

Please use zip FWIW. RARv3 is not free open source software and this somewhat limits its availability, even if windows users are used to downloading and installing winrar for their system.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 261