Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many want to keep this up in the next release?

Me
- 16 (22.9%)
Me!
- 54 (77.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 261

Author Topic: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.  (Read 490169 times)

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.
« Reply #1500 on: August 10, 2013, 07:38:20 pm »

We have boxes since my turn, and halflings use them. Formics not having them should be an issue with formics.

I can't fathom how laula's turn save could crash but Hugo's would not, since the latter is supposed to be based on the former. And laula's turn has been downloaded so many times without issue... are you positive it was the correct link?

While alcohol is the lifeblood of DF, it's probably not been high on the list as neither of the playable races prefers to drink alcohol (actually since alcohol induces hangovers for them, drinking it is worse than water).

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: August 10, 2013, 07:48:03 pm »

Well, I try to transfer the body system over from DF-modded to halfling's, with my own changes, and then the whole thing falls apart giving me a 300 kilobyte file...

Looks like simple modification to the body detail plan won't work.  Oh, halfling, nice three-part wings.  If only you didn't code them as arms...

The link for it is a RAR.

you guys also need more brewables. I think all there is now is tarnish root and honey.

Well, you will need to wait for the next turn.  Farming is not on the list for my carnivorous race.

Oh, to offset water striders, I added slimes to all brackish water, and to offset some of the dangerous land creatures, I added wandering spirits.  One of them is crashing the game, though.  I want the error log cleared up, first.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: August 10, 2013, 07:58:29 pm »

Anyone fix the burning caravans yet?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: August 10, 2013, 08:15:45 pm »

Ah, we do have next boxes then. Yeah, that'd be an issue with my raws. I'll fix it shortly.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: August 10, 2013, 08:54:25 pm »

Anyone fix the burning caravans yet?
my bug-fix turn may have. i fixed what was suspected to cause it, i am not sure if it is included in the later versions however.
we think it was coulsed by either the Alchemy RAWS or my doom coal lacking the [SPECIAL] tag. i did think it was funny.

this does give me and idea. we add a boiling stone to caravans that should boil as soon as they enter the map and after enough time for them to have reached the depo it transforms them into crazed saboteurs

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: August 10, 2013, 08:57:14 pm »

That would depend on where the depot is, right?

also, I think I have the newest raws and all my halfling caravans burn...
Highly Opinionated Fool

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: August 10, 2013, 09:04:32 pm »

i don't know if my bug fixes got implemented
i'll upload them in a zip format they should be compatible with hugo's turn

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: August 10, 2013, 09:13:49 pm »

By the way, I cant seem to find a screw press or anything to process these jugs of honey I have. did you lot just remove that workshop? also lumberyards seem to be useless and I am getting tree gems...
Highly Opinionated Fool

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: August 10, 2013, 09:19:53 pm »

here you go hope this helps.
screw press and soap makers are gone as they were coded for in the raws.
their have been alot of problems with the lumberyard tree jems does sound new to me. is it like "Apple wood gems" or literaly "Tree Gems"
I dont think you need to process jugs of honey beyond brewing  them
in vanila you got "Honey comb" items that neaded to be pressed then made into meed

EDIT: IF YOU ARE USING HUGO"S RAWS MY BUG FIXES ARE INCLUDED

Aseaheru are you sure you are using the latest raws? because if so we should to find out what is actually causing the exploding wagons
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 09:25:37 pm by sackhead »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: August 10, 2013, 10:21:47 pm »

Its apple wood gems, and I THINK its the newest raws.

also, some of the caravans seem to explode and emerge unscathed. I think the incense is doing something odd.
Highly Opinionated Fool

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: August 10, 2013, 10:38:14 pm »

well some incenses are beneficial

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: August 10, 2013, 10:39:49 pm »

Yes, the merchants all seem much more happier shortly after they arrive then when they got here.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: August 10, 2013, 10:59:23 pm »

Well, I try to transfer the body system over from DF-modded to halfling's, with my own changes, and then the whole thing falls apart giving me a 300 kilobyte file...

Looks like simple modification to the body detail plan won't work.  Oh, halfling, nice three-part wings.  If only you didn't code them as arms...

Heh. Wasn't thinking clearly at the time about the benefits of not making them mutually exclusive with my arms. They are not mutually exclusive with any other arms though since my LARM/LELBOW/LFARM/LWRIST/LHAND BP scheme did not catch on. Feel free to just steal them and rename the BPs as necessary.

also, some of the caravans seem to explode and emerge unscathed. I think the incense is doing something odd.

Inre your earlier post, yes we did delete everything and that will cause some issues such as most likely the wood gems (lack of valid crafts or lack of gem variety - they have been there from the start), and lack of screw presses unless someone makes one. That's just how it works. Until new fruit trees are implemented, lumberyards only process apple trees (and are required to be built to get apples from apple trees).

Mm... also, there should be no such thing as honey at this time...? You probably mean honeydew. It can be brewed at a still. Once we do have something that makes honey, then we might want to add a honey workshop. Apiary that has a reaction to produce bees if there are none on your map and to get the honey? But that's not yet here.

The exploding caravans however were supposed to be dealt with... This is to do with alchemy. StL, new ideas?

The alchemy volatile materials do now have [SPECIAL] in the newest version so it should not be those exploding. Any chance a creature is extremely explosive and the merchants could be bringing them in cages? Blazewood is another thing that burns, could something have access to that? Could something cause something to be made of a random wood so it might be blazewood? Does anything newly added have a very low ignition point? Vigor template has an ignition point of 10150 so that shouldn't be it.

Blazewood maybe should have [SPECIAL] anyway as in no case should a civilization have access to it... but it seems unlikely this is blazewood as it was not noticed earlier unless some error somewhere is causing things to be made of it.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: August 10, 2013, 11:31:43 pm »

lumberyards seem to be useless
This is because the name was changed from LUMBERYARD_KPT to just LUMBERYARD in the work shop raws but not in the reaction raws. You can either change it back in the workshop raws (this causes a harmless error in the error log that doesn't seem to effect the in game building)or change each of the reactions.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: August 10, 2013, 11:35:16 pm »

lumberyards seem to be useless
This is because the name was changed from LUMBERYARD_KPT to just LUMBERYARD in the work shop raws but not in the reaction raws. You can either change it back in the workshop raws (this causes a harmless error in the error log that doesn't seem to effect the in game building)or change each of the reactions.

Excuse my dumb question but... uh, why was it changed? That not only breaks rules but also apparently the reaction then. Seems like a somewhat bad move.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 261