Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random bits about the Masterwork namespace  (Read 2084 times)

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Random bits about the Masterwork namespace
« on: June 17, 2013, 03:21:19 pm »

I've been adding a few pages to the Masterwork namespace and I've noticed that the pages don't have a rate button on them. I've been adding blank {{Quality}} tags to pages that I create, but this doesn't seem to make a difference in the rate button showing up.

It looks like there needs to be a 'Masterwork creatures' template created and the main 'Creatures' template updated to use it when appropriate. The second part is easy... the first part not so much.... Is there a script or something that generates those?

This might be a bit late considering that most of the creatures have had their raws uploaded, but is there a way that the 'raw' template could be used to bring in creature (and other?) raws? See: Elf raws

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random bits about the Masterwork namespace
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 04:53:21 pm »

I did make a separate template for Masterwork creatures, which gets used automatically with {{creaturelookup/0}}. I haven't changed much to make it more Masterwork-specific, but I'll work on it soon.

The current rating script only shows up based on the namespace of the article, and it hasn't been updated to allow ratings in the Masterwork namespace yet. :( Since it's a little buggy with the recent MediaWiki upgrade, I made a replacement which you can include by adding this line to your user JS page:
Code: [Select]
importScript('User:Lethosor/rater.js');It's still in progress, but it should at least allow you to rate articles.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 06:31:21 pm »

I didn't even know creaturelookup/creatureinfo needed a new version for the new namespace.  :o

I was actually referring to the large creature list/table at the bottom of the pages. There's probably other tables like this that will need updating (buildings, races, skills)?

I did find your rating script while poking around, but I made a bookmarklet instead of a user.js

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 06:45:18 pm »

Ah, I see. Yes, that will probably need to be updated. {{Workshops}} is the only infobox updated so far (at least that I remember).

The raw template probably won't work, since the vanilla raw files are included in the DFRawFunctions extension (made by Quietust), which the raw templates use.

I can probably manage a simple navbox-generating script using the raws, but I'm not sure how I would manage dividing them into the groups in the DF2012 creatures template....
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 06:54:11 pm »

I was thinking along the same lines that the infobox does... but then I realized the categories aren't the same. At least, I don't think there's anything in the raws that directly correlates to amphibians, bugs, etc.

EDIT: I've updated the creature/variation and creature/variation links templates to pass the masterwork namespace to their respective /0 templates when included from a masterwork page. This causes the links in the variations box of the creature infobox to be correct.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:21:28 pm by cdombroski »