Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: NEW: MDF V.3c - Mdf-Tileset, Embark with X dwarves, Beta of the Magic System  (Read 4349 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Masterwork Dwarf Fortress V.3c

EDIT: FOR MAGIC BETA TESTERS: You have to rename familiars.png to familiar.png, to avoid the creature sprites crashing the game.

This is a minor update. It gives access to the startdwarf script that lets you embark with as many dwarves as you like, fixes the ammo from the chemist and the world-gen crashes from the deep drow, and balances dwarf and kobold mode a bit better. The biggest features are three things: Orc Fortress gets an update from 1.33 to 1.41, the Masterwork Tileset is finished and included, and I added an optional beta version of the Magic System. This is only for people that want to test it. I repeat, it is unfinishes, buggy, inbalanced and dont use it if you dont want extra fun. Its in a seperate folder, you have to install it manually.

If your green color seems to be dark olive instead of bright green, thats intended. If you dislike the change, change the color from Default+ to any other colorscheme you like. Be warned that there are a lot to cycle though, with Default- being vanilla color settings.

Manual
 - Fixed manual links in the settings.exe.

Dfhack
 - Added startdwarf, allows as many dwarves at embark as you like. The script is written by jjyg.
 - At the embark selection, before you press 'e' to embark, enter "startdwarf #" into dfhack, without the "". # is the amount of dwarves you want.
 - You can chose 10, you can chose 100, your choice. Just keep in mind that they all eat/drink, so embarking with 100 dwarves might be short lived.

Example embark with 14 dwarves.

Tileset
 - Added new default tileset, the Masterwork/Meph Tileset.
 - It replaces Matrix for now (dont have access to my UI source atm)
 - If you dont like it, just one click on the button and you are back to Phoebus.
 - Playing with the new tileset enables many more decorational buildings.
 - It includes animated grass, unique cavern tiles, better workshop designs and much more.

The new tileset.

The cavern looks.

New Features
 - Added reactions from bonfire to fireplace and brazier. Disabled bonfire.
 - Added four new creatures to the warbeast kennels. Unicorns, Wolves, Dire Wolves and Cougars.
 - All four can be iron- or steelclad into armored animals. Thanks to insgrim for the groundwork.

Magic System
 - Get the Beta included in your download. It is in the "Magic System" folder.
 - This is disabled by default, since it is very complex, very difficult to handle and very, very untested.
 - Instruction to install and deinstall it is included. Its simple process.
 - Please keep all feedback about it away from the normal bugreports/suggesions and post here instead.

Balancing
 - Sprites and Changelings now have a littersize of 1, only one child each birth.
 - Toolkit Makers have a littersize of 2, they make 2 toolkits each year.
 - Nerfed centauren number and strength
 - Nerfed firebirds attack, is now flamejet with 300 wait time, instead of dragonfire with 30 wait time.
 - Changed Automatons Ethics, same as FrostGiants now. They shouldnt kill each other in worldgen anymore.
 - Added [TRAINABLE_WAR] to about 50 more creatures. Mostly giant animal versions, spiders, reptiles and canines.

Bugfixes
 - Removed duplicate of plant_tree_ff, I had to use an active version for the plant guide readout. Forgot to delete it.
 - This fixed the empty names in the plant entries and the unknown plant substance entries.
 - Fixed typo (omnious vs. ominous)
 - Fixed typo (thight guards vs. thigh guards)
 - Deep Drow no longer crash worldgen.
 - Fixed burning and exploding ammo.
 - Fixed graphics for wild gremlins.
 - Added missing moonstone template (for orcs) to ironhand and ascii tileset raws.
 - Fixed crayfish shells, should be available for crafting/tanning now.
 - Fixed iridium instead of orichalcum appearing in ironhand/ascii tileset raws.
 - Fixed Kobold Arena creatures appearing outside of Kobold Camp.
 - Added missing graphics/sprites for Axototls and Axototl-men.

Orc Fortress
 - Updated to the newest version, 1.41B
Spoiler: Orc Fortress Changelog (click to show/hide)

Kobold Camp
 - Added missing painter reactions for yellow, white and purple furniture.
 - Added reaction to steal a single boulder in the thieves tunnel, should be used for moods.
 - Fixed "Melt boulder/ore into bars(4)" reaction in the magma generator.
 - Fixed Arena creatures appearing in the wild.
 - Kobolds can now dig compact peat, since it appears in the soil level and takes away a lot of space otherwise.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:13:34 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

I hate you. Now I have to update and lose my fortresses.  :'(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Why? The dfhack script works like it is, the bugfixes are rather minor, and Orc/Kobold changes wont concern you. Its only the tileset that would benefit from a new worldgen.

And before someone asks, because someone always asks: No. This update is not save-compatible with V.3b.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Fine. ::)  :P
Oh and Meph, check the Kobold thread in a few minutes. While I was eating dinner I had a 'few' ideas for them...

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

What did you do? Whenever I press lower case 'f' it zooms in. How do I fix this?
EDIT: Ironhand tileset is also modified. The entire thing is 'duller'.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 07:34:22 am by Gamerlord »

FengYun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you for the update. Even when you are travelling, you always find time for us. I'm downloading it and the fixes together with the new graphics look great.

Next time there is an update coming, it might be worth to update soundSense: don't know what exactly was changed there (probably achievements or something), but there is version 42 now.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Just realised something: you haven't updated to the latest version of Orc fortress. Can't find the new workshops.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile

First off, loving the new tileset, especially the tombstones and coffins.

However, I'd like to ask if something like the Phoebus tileset assembler would be too much to ask? Some tiles seem to exist just to destroy my eyes (THE SAND TILES) :P Also, some people (like me) prefer the 3D square walls of Ironhand (which Phoebus also offers via the assembler). While the grass is nice, sometimes the moving gets too much for me too.
The duller colour is nice though  :)

TLDR; Loving the update, but some options for tiles without changing the whole tileset would be nice  :)

IguanaMan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey love the new tileset/whole mod!

Noticed a slight bug with the UI; when you change the tileset 'Autosave Pause' changes to 'No'.  Sorry if this is not the correct place to report bugs.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Tileset assemble is semi-possible, I can only change the content, I dont have the source for it... but I can offer different versions of the tileset.

I already found some issues, like tree saplings using the wrong tile, or kobolds missing a few reactions... since some people reported critical bugs, I might do a little update later. First I have to see if I can replicate their bugs.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

FOR MAGIC BETA TESTERS: You have to rename familiars.png to familiar.png, to avoid the creature sprites crashing the game.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@meph - i'm getting back into DF now with this version!! hooray!! any luck on those bugs in 3c you were referring to? i would like to squash them myself, or use a fixed version, if i'm going to start a new fortress =)

thanks again for everything and absolutely all the best wherever you are!
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

There is only the magic system beta, which is bugged. Dont use it. Dwarf mode is otherwise fine. Orc mode is fine, but once you change the tilesets you lack 2 buildings, on oversight of mine. Kobold mode is quite buggy, because the last update added 1000+ reactions and 68 new buildings. Quite a few features dont work as intended. I have a fixed version here for myself, but I am still testing stuff for it. Also testing the magic system.

tekfunk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Is reaction_smelter.txt supposed to be blank?  ???

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

yes.
Pages: [1] 2