Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wikipedia links incorrect  (Read 2539 times)

Xolroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wikipedia links incorrect
« on: June 16, 2013, 09:48:59 pm »

For many gems (such as "Faint yellow diamond" and "Yellow grossular") the wikipedia article links go to that exact name: "faint yellow diamond" when it should link to "diamond." (wikipedia doesn't have a page for "faint yellow diamond," not even a redirect)  I tried to go in and change this, but it appears too much is templates for per-article edits.  Thought I'd post here and let someone who might be able to do something know.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia links incorrect
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 10:35:30 am »

Actually, this is built into the templates (but it's a bit hard to figure out). Adding a `wiki=`parameter to the template will allow you to change the link to the Wikipedia page (this works with other similar templates as well, such as creatures or stones). I corrected the link on "faint yellow diamond"; feel free to change other incorrect links you come across to point to the correct page as well (unfortunately, it's hard to spot them easily since redlinks don't work across different wikis).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Xolroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 11:22:41 am »

Thank you, going through and doing that now.

Xolroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 12:14:10 pm »

Well that was tedious.  All gems now have valid and relevant wikipedia links.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 09:41:51 am »

Thanks!
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Xolroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 01:04:40 pm »

No problem; I did it mostly to satisfy my OCD anyway xD