Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 65

Author Topic: Undertale: Spoilers! Its whats for dinner!  (Read 146983 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undertale (Kickstarter): rpg about not fighting?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 11:37:27 pm »

I like non-violent (or anti-violent) games. They seem to work well and are an interesting new take.

As for stretch goals, I think that it depends on the project. Like, for a pen-and-paper RPG earlier this year, there were stretch goals to translate more content if the money allowed, as well as get cool people to make some kind of homebrew stuff for the game. That was pretty neat. For video games, though, I don't know if it works as well...
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 12:17:15 am »

Stretch goals simply don't work for a lot of projects. For example, if you get enough money to work on the project two months longer than expected, it's still not a good idea to delay the release date for two months, extra content or not. It's hard to decide what to do with extra funding though. It's not like most people are happy just pocketing it.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 08:19:04 am »

I don't think it's the developer's fault that people insist on shoving them more money than what they can sensibly use. On that note, does Kickstarter (or other similar crowdfunding sites) have a system that prevents you from getting more than your specified amount?

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
Re: Undertale (Release Date Set! Sept 15)
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2015, 05:58:41 pm »

Update on this: Apparently the game is basically finished and is now slated for a September 15th release, barring major issue.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
Re: Undertale (Release Date Set! Sept 15)
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 01:16:37 pm »

Well, played thru the mercy path (~12 hours, apparently also missed some possible things).  Game gets kinda crazy near the end.  So much that spoilers would absolutely ruin, including talking about stuff AFTER the ending, due to the games quirkiness with saves and character knowledge.

Damn good game.  (now to murder everyone because I can. Ha. Ha.)
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undertale: Merciful kid or Psychotic murderer of monsters?
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2015, 11:37:04 am »

I played the demo long enough to die and hit on goat mom. She took it graciously. I really want this game on a portable console.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2015, 04:45:35 pm »

From what I've seen seen of both games, which is very little, this seems similar to LISA.

From what I've HEARD, however, they're both great. Amazing soundtrack.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2015, 03:16:42 pm »

Yeah, I was really surprised at how good this game was. I came into it not knowing a single thing (basically someone virtually plopped the game into my lap) and came out very happy! The intro was really strong and is probably one of the quickest I've ever had a game go from introducing a character to me loving them. I think the midgame lost a bit of its luster compared to the beginning or end, but the bosses remained super fun throughout. Plus, yeah, that soundtrack. I don't think the multiple endings are enough to get me to keep replaying it, but just experiencing and getting better at fighting the bosses (and listening to the music!) might make it worthwhile.

...I guess furries can make good games.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2015, 03:36:34 pm »

...I guess furries can make good games.

Armello? Dust Elysian Tail?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2015, 03:44:14 pm »

Haven't played Armello. Dust was a decent enough game, but I don't know if I'd call it good in the same way Undertale is good.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2015, 09:29:05 pm »

It is weird but this is probably one of the few games where the "kill everyone" side is probably more interesting in my opinion.

The only other game like that was Soul Nomad where the "Demon Mode" had 10 times the better writing and made you wonder where the heck the writing was when you played the game through the first run.

Though... the "love everyone" side is a lot more funny.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:30:36 pm by Neonivek »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2015, 01:01:40 am »

I wasn't expecting to like this $10 much, but I do and I'm only done with the prologue :(

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2015, 01:57:27 am »

I wasn't expecting to like this $10 much, but I do and I'm only done with the prologue :(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2015, 10:59:23 am »

There's actually a much more important reason she's tending those flowers!

Yay vagueness.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2015, 02:35:01 pm »

Warning: Game may contain Dog Marraige.

Best random sign in any game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 65