Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 65

Author Topic: Undertale: Spoilers! Its whats for dinner!  (Read 146335 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Undertale: Spoilers! Its whats for dinner!
« Reply #900 on: November 16, 2018, 11:46:20 am »

you can what
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 16, 2018, 02:00:06 pm »

oh fun fact: the Fun Gang existed in 2014-2015 (warning: ending spoilers for DELTARUNE and maybe even spoilers for later chapters??) which means that Undertale's "fun" values were almost definitely a reference to Deltarune from the start

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 16, 2018, 02:27:58 pm »

So, do you think Asgore's landlord "C" is a new character? If so, why did it not write its whole name?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 16, 2018, 02:35:22 pm »

I can't think of any old characters it could be, so probably someone new.  Maybe unimportant too, but I'm curious if they'll factor into the dynamic between Asgore and Toriel.  I'm really curious what awful thing happened that caused them to split up in this world, since he probably hasn't been murdering kids this time.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 16, 2018, 03:26:57 pm »

Actually he never did it last time either, and that actually part of her anger, wasn't it?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 16, 2018, 03:52:51 pm »

I could be badly misremembering, but I'm pretty sure the hallway of coffins in his basement were filled with kids he killed for their souls, since he needed seven to have the power to break the seal and let the monsters go.  I thought Toriel hated him because he was willing to kill innocent kids for that.

They also had personality clashes I think, but I think the murdering part is what broke the proverbial camel's back.  Well, that plus Chara and Asriel dying.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 16, 2018, 03:57:26 pm »

He was too soft to do what needed to be done, basically. He could have eaten the first human soul to show up, use that power to cross the barrier, and kill 6 more humans on the surface, gaining enough power to break the barrier. But he didn't want to go on a killing spree, so instead he just waited, and had humans killed as they fell down.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 16, 2018, 04:09:14 pm »

Ah, yes, you're right.  Wow, my memory is even worse than I thought.

That vaguely reminds me of how weird the wording was for the fate of the monsters in the "true lab."  Alphys injected monsters that "had fallen down" with determination, but... uh... come to think of it, even if that was a cute euphemism for monsters that had an unfortunate accident and died, I'm kind of wondering how she injected dust with determination.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 16, 2018, 04:25:42 pm »

So, do you think Asgore's landlord "C" is a new character? If so, why did it not write its whole name?

Carol Holiday, the mayor of the town, wife of Rudy Holiday, mother of Noelle Holiday, the real main character.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 16, 2018, 04:53:08 pm »

That vaguely reminds me of how weird the wording was for the fate of the monsters in the "true lab."  Alphys injected monsters that "had fallen down" with determination, but... uh... come to think of it, even if that was a cute euphemism for monsters that had an unfortunate accident and died, I'm kind of wondering how she injected dust with determination.
I don't know if this information was in the lab or it had to be obtained via datamining, but there is/was a lab console that explained what falling down was. Basically it's dying of natural causes. When Monsters get too old or sick they fall into a coma. Then in a matter of weeks they properly die and turn into dust. Alphys was basically looking for a cure for death.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 16, 2018, 10:24:48 pm »

Undertale: A sassy child defeats the ultimate evil using only the powers of love and friendship

Deltarune: The Fuck Gang is here to take your lunch money, nerds
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 16, 2018, 10:27:05 pm »

I don't know if this information was in the lab or it had to be obtained via datamining, but there is/was a lab console that explained what falling down was. Basically it's dying of natural causes. When Monsters get too old or sick they fall into a coma. Then in a matter of weeks they properly die and turn into dust. Alphys was basically looking for a cure for death.

That was in the game, I remember it.

Anybody know how long the turnaround on episode 2 is expected to be?  I figure a lot of the time for this one must've been building the mechanics, I'm hoping there'll be a faster pace considering the length of the game, hopefully most of the backend stuff stays the same and it's just a matter of writing and assets.
Shoes...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 16, 2018, 10:46:43 pm »

"999 years" - Toby Fox

Massively misquoting, of course. :P

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 17, 2018, 01:49:40 am »

Deltarune: The Fuck Gang is here to take your lunch money, nerds

dont forget its sister organization, the dark fuck gang.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 17, 2018, 09:54:50 am »

Anybody know how long the turnaround on episode 2 is expected to be?  I figure a lot of the time for this one must've been building the mechanics, I'm hoping there'll be a faster pace considering the length of the game, hopefully most of the backend stuff stays the same and it's just a matter of writing and assets.
Toby tweeted about it shortly after the release.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 65