Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 31940 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank
« Reply #525 on: October 08, 2013, 10:40:17 am »

Unless we were blown off by the grenade (which I don't think is the case), we're still on a buggy.

Not sure if it can beat a Kai though.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 08, 2013, 10:46:02 am »

I hope so otherwise if those Kai turn on you 2 and our sniper you have a major problem.

I can't cover you at that angle without you being in the arc of fire, but you should be able to with the buggyso light without a heavy in it and running on dual packs.

Ross how long is the Rocket Shotguns range?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:50:56 am by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 08, 2013, 01:33:22 pm »

As well as Aria's previous actions, she will also try to add the additional energy packs on to Alex and her allies armours

Then, if possible, turn around and start shooting at the drones with my chaingun.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 08, 2013, 01:37:31 pm »

Thanks Kahn.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 08, 2013, 08:11:11 pm »

Buggy can outrun the Kai for a bit. They'd immediately choose the nearest target and send something else after the vehicle.

Until it hits something, basically. If you were directly above as far away as you are new and fired into center mass, you'd kill 50-70 percent.

Later tonight, I can test it out. There's a pretty decent spread on it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 08, 2013, 08:13:20 pm »

((Would Kyle be able to stealth up? Can I do a stunt that involves jumping out of the buggy, slamming the ground with my grav-hammer for the recoil to propel me back, activating my flight pack, and slamming the grav-hammer into a Titan's face? Would I go far enough/would the grav hammer be able to hurt it from what my char knows?))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 08, 2013, 08:22:41 pm »

In addition to checking the range of weapons, I'll calculate rough distances between y'all and highest flight.

I pretty much assumed he triggered it by reflex.

You're better off doing a jump-and-jet than trying to use a hammer as a pogo stick. I'm pretty sure that with full energy, you can easily fly over there. Y'all should think in three dimensions; they're good jets and if there's one enemy light armor, there's probably more.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 09, 2013, 05:39:32 am »

FD uses a health hypo on DC.
DC and DR repair the team beginning with the 3 jugs.

PJ, JN and Me stay still while FD's energy pack and the 2 packs from a rover are fitted onto us to recharge our shields. Focus the shields against kinetic weapons.

3 Jugs and FD focus our fire on the pair of undamaged enemy Jugs, use all weapons cycling through them 1 at a time aiming for the head. First Locks, then quad rpg then whichever weapon has better accuracy.
DC and DR use vulcans on the damaged Jug and it's partner to weaken it until Rolepgeek attacks then they move to suppress the assault units also aiming for the head.
My group of 4 uses any remaining weapons to suppress assault as well if the 2 jugs go down.

Use grenades if the enemy comes close.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 05:44:57 am by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 09, 2013, 03:25:50 pm »

FD uses a health hypo on DC.
DC and DR repair the team beginning with the 3 jugs.

PJ, JN and Me stay still while FD's energy pack and the 2 packs from a rover are fitted onto us to recharge our shields. Focus the shields against kinetic weapons.

3 Jugs and FD focus our fire on the pair of undamaged enemy Jugs, use all weapons cycling through them 1 at a time aiming for the head. First Locks, then quad rpg then whichever weapon has better accuracy.
DC and DR use vulcans on the damaged Jug and it's partner to weaken it until Rolepgeek attacks then they move to suppress the assault units also aiming for the head.
My group of 4 uses any remaining weapons to suppress assault as well if the 2 jugs go down.

Use grenades if the enemy comes close.

((Didnt FD get brutally penetrated by several railgun rounds?))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 09, 2013, 03:34:50 pm »

[Alright, details time.

Spoiler: flight (click to show/hide)

Rough distances - 180 meters between Alexis and the Kai, as well as Alexis and Mark/Robert. About 60 between the Squad Heavies and the Enemy Assault, 80 for the Squad and the Enemy Jugs, and 200 from the Titans. That should help, I hope?]*

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 09, 2013, 04:10:44 pm »

(( DC took the major hit but he's as alive as the rest of us, thats why he gets the health hypo. The rest of us it was mostly flesh wounds and armor damage. ))
Now it never would.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 09, 2013, 04:50:50 pm »

((I think i was one of the few who was not hit at all. But then again, i am hiding behind the entire team on the side opposite where the assault troops are.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 09, 2013, 05:19:39 pm »

Could I know distances from me to the enemy Jugs, me to the enemy Titans, me to the Kai, Kyle to the Kai, Kyle to Alexis, and Kyle to me?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 10, 2013, 02:20:12 am »

I might load up the map, flatten the hills, and use a targeting beacon to check tomorrow night after sushi with Lover Girl, but don't count on it.

Roughly? Kyle to you is 80m (and 100 the other way), 270m to the Titans, 200 from the Kai, 100-110m from the Assault, 120-130m from the Juggies, and Kyle is about 90-100m. The exact numbers are kinda irrelevant, really; most weapons can go far. Rocket shotgun is about 400m range, while the RPGs are 550+ range.

Short story, if you can see them, you can shoot them. The opposite is also true.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 10, 2013, 07:10:45 pm »

Alright, I've been trying to make a rough map from those numbers, and I realized something. Are those distances given for Kyle to those things or for Mark? Because they aren't physically possible with Mark; 60 meter from Alexis to the Assault squads and 110 meters from Mark to the Assault squads totals less than 180 meters from Mark to Alexis.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38