Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 31942 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank
« Reply #540 on: October 10, 2013, 07:57:45 pm »

Was the existing map not good enough? :(

Alexis to the Kai: 180m
Alexis to Mark/Robert: 180m
Heavies to Assault: 60m
Heavies to Jugs: 80m
Heavies to Titans: 200m
Kyle to Mark/Robert: 80m
Kyle to Alexis: 100m
Mark/Robert to Titans: 270m
Mark/Robert to Kai: 200m
"" assault: 100-110
"" jugs: 120-130
Kyle to Kai: 90-100

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 10, 2013, 09:45:54 pm »

I just wanted to be sure everything was where it was supposed to be. I got confused with the sword comment, is all.

Alright, that makes more sense. I suppose. Thank you! I guess Alexis is a bit off from the Heavies?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 11, 2013, 03:59:41 am »

We're all in one cluster, no more then a few meters between me and each of the heavies.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 11, 2013, 08:14:27 pm »

((Alright, well, to avoid holding us up any longer I'll go ahead and post. This is all fluff, and I have confirmed none of it with Ross. Keep that in mind.))

Markus cursed as the assault rifle exploded in the distance, the buggy still swerving erratically to avoid the stray burst as someone saw them begin to go straight. The man hunkered down, gripping onto the side of the vehicle as his sensor pack activated and begin streaming him data. He quickly designated enemy targets and plotted firing solutions, then considered everyone's status and capabilities. After a moment, he began giving orders. A far better map than their personal sensors could give would replace the old on everyone's HUD, firing solutions being given to the Juggernaughts, and ranges and angles for most of the others, filtering through their computer. The enemies were each in a group, labeled and shown if one cared to look. "Alexis, take down the bastards in J1, and keep those Assaults from pinning you down again. Richard, Aria, keep our men firing, and do what you can for yourself, too. Kyle, I need you to kill that fucking engineer, then see if you can get a bead on the commander of those drones. I'm gonna see if I can kill J2. And then, we go Titan-slaying." He hauled himself up and over, to speak to Robert. "Get me near the Juggernaughts! 100 meters to them, then haul ass out of there. Keep moving and pick Kyle up if you can."
Then, he got up, and pulled out his Phased Pulser, standing and firing controlled bursts at the Juggernaughts they were beelining for, as they came under heavy fire from the Vulcans. When they were almost at the point when Robert would turn, he tossed aside the Phased Pulser, into the front seat, then pulled his Grav Hammer out, and jumped. His flight pack started as he did so, and the Captain flew through the air, boosted by the buggy's speed, and the flight pack, turning into an avenging valkyrie. As he closed, he twisted, bending at the waist so his feet were forward, still letting the flight pack push him forward, shutting it off only when he needed to, and straightening slightly.
His legs jarred as he slammed into the top of the closer Juggernaught, feet catching on it's pauldrons and helmet. Heavy suits were powerful things, capable of taking enormous amounts of punishment and returning it straight back. But absorbing a quarter of a kilogram railgun shell, even going eight kilometers every second, weakened by shields, deflected by armor, or, more likely, going straight through and out the other side, was not the same as taking 170 kilograms of man and machine slamming into your upper left side at nearly 300 km/h.

The railgun had a great deal more kinetic energy, but nowhere near as much momentum, not that much of it's momentum would be transferred during an impact anyway.  But this was nearly seven times as much momentum, at an awkward angle(for the Juggernaught, anyway), with a good deal going transferring as Mark bent his legs and turned his body with the impact.

The poor Heavy never stood a chance. He toppled as Markus practically rolled off, leaping onto the next Juggernaught. This one, too, wasn't exactly ready, still reeling from the freshly stopped Vulcan barrage, though it had begun to turn. But this time, Markus didn't slam into it. Instead, his swinging Grav Hammer did. As the weapon impacted, it tricked the universe into thinking, just for a short while, that it had far more mass than it really did. In a split second, without losing any speed, it went from weighing a mere 3 kilogram to impacting as if it weighed well over half a metric ton. And so the immense amount of energy in that swing impacted on a measly four points, into the shoulder and chest of the second Juggernaught.

A loud crunch could be heard by those in the immediate vicinity, then a muffled thump as the secondary effect of the Grav Hammer made itself known. A powerful burst of repulsive energy blasted from the head of the Hammer, focused by the concave shape, and helped along by the already cracked armor. Since the Walloper 'weighed' more than the thing it was impacting did(though not by much), the recoil was far less than otherwise. Which was part of the reason it did that. But it was a bad place to land a hit, well armored, and not immediately near a vital organ. The man certainly had broken bones, but he wasn't dead. Yet. Markus used the impact and recoil to slow himself enough to swing around the Juggernaught and land in a crouch, rolling backwards when he found he hadn't slowed down quite enough to stop on the spot. The Grav Hammer, much lighter compared to it's impact weight, came back up as he sprang forward, the Juggernaught's left arm frozen in place. Something had broken, certainly. The officer came up behind the Juggernaught, his suit far more mobile than the clunkier, more heavily armored behemoth before him, and Markus swung up and around to plant another blow in his opponent's armor, this time in the lower back. It didn't go all the way through, so he did so a second time, each blow easily heard by the characteristic crunch-WHUMP as it impacted the hard material. His second blow wasn't in the same place as the first though, slightly above, so it didn't go through either.

But that was alright. Because the third time, Markus used the other side of the hammer, pointed and directed in one spot, to spread the blast instead of focus it. The hammer went most of the way through the armor on it's own this time, directly between the two previous blows, even before the blast ruptured most of the organs in the man's body, flinging shards and splinters of the ruined armor through his chest cavity and gut. His spine had already been broken with the second blow. No gore soaked the hammer, as the burst blew away all contaminants from it's head. He turned and bounded towards the other Juggernaught, struggling to right itself, even as the one he'd just torn open fell to the ground, no longer functional. As the enemy heavy looked up, the last thing he saw was the same pointed hammer-head impacting his helmet and lodging for an instant, barely touching his nose, before his skull was blown apart, jaw-bone ripping through most of his body. The two of them taken care of, Markus started sprinting towards the Titans...

((My actions should be pretty obvious.))
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 09:27:45 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 11, 2013, 08:17:45 pm »

(( I'm beginning to think Markus was sent out here because he has some serious anger management issues...... ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 11, 2013, 10:55:19 pm »

(I was going to give you a circumstance bonus for good writing and general badassery, but I decided to roll to be fair.

You got a natural 20. Someone is gonna be demoralized from seeing CAPTAIN HAMMER.)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 11, 2013, 11:53:47 pm »

((This made it worth it. So very worth it. It also happened to make my night. Or possibly my week. Not sure yet.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 12, 2013, 02:44:51 am »

Understood sir. Robert switched the buggy to maximum speed. He doubted the system would hold on long, but for a few minutes the engines should be able to take it.

Drive towards Juggernauts, then turn around and set course for Kyle as fast as possible.

((Sorry for the short post. I was kinda demoralized by Rolepgeek's post up there.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 12, 2013, 05:29:27 am »

(( Who got the inevitable 1 to balance out his 20? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 12, 2013, 10:07:04 am »

((I did, last turn, when my assault rifle had jammed, remember?))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 12, 2013, 06:06:33 pm »

((Update?))

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 15, 2013, 11:27:00 am »

((And its dead again.....))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 15, 2013, 11:29:58 am »

((And its dead again.....))
((Not quite.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 15, 2013, 11:43:10 am »

(( Be patient Khan an update with over 50 different soldiers in it takes time. ))
Caine's law.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 15, 2013, 11:54:00 am »

(Not so much dead as asleep.

Updates this week.)
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38