Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: quick question about the settings  (Read 1185 times)

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
quick question about the settings
« on: June 25, 2013, 12:31:30 am »

i was just wondering if there was a way to turn off the simplified settings, the one i am referring to would have to do with the food stock piles, when i butcher i only get simple meat and tasty eye instead of cow brain cow eye cow tripe etc... or the milk and cheese menus and such... i have a rather large food industry and when i only get 1 stack of meat instead of 4 stacks of seperate types of meat my cooks run out of food rather quickly when cooking lavish meals, also i kinda like the novelty when i get a forgotten beast and getting forgotten beast eye lasagna... i may just be nitpicking but is there a way to return it to normal settings

oggimog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: quick question about the settings
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 07:04:03 am »

In the settings, you can turn on and off simple meat and all the other simple settings.
I don't remember which tab it was. I think the center one. However you have to start a new game afterwards.

Edit: I don't know if the simple settings really change anything on the amount of meat you get. I thaught you should get exactly the same number, but of the same type.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 07:06:08 am by oggimog »

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 08:29:00 am »

You will have to generate a new world, not just restart the game or start a new fort. Just to clarify.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 09:23:36 am »

you cant turn of the standardized animal materials. you can get back to organs, yes, but they wont have the creature name on it...so a cow heart will still just be a heart.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 03:37:48 pm »

you cant turn of the standardized animal materials. you can get back to organs, yes, but they wont have the creature name on it...so a cow heart will still just be a heart.
thats what i was wondering, i have the simplified meat turned off so i get organs and sometimes other types of materials like pancreatic tissue or nervous tissue, but my biggest concern was do the meats from say a forgotten beast retain their value or do they revert back to a standardized price