Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should the districts adjacent to Whitecastle be zoned?

Agriculture
Housing
Parkland
Government
Industry
Natural resource harvesting
Religious
Utilities (Power, sewer, water, ect...)
Other (please post below)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: The luckiest tourist EVER (Update underway...)  (Read 83941 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: The luckiest tourist EVER (4 spots still open for the 1-on-1 community game)
« Reply #180 on: November 01, 2013, 07:07:56 am »

In masterwork, strand extraction is renamed prayer.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: The luckiest tourist EVER (4 spots still open for the 1-on-1 community game)
« Reply #181 on: November 01, 2013, 07:10:03 am »

In masterwork, strand extraction is renamed prayer.
So you make wafers... By praying...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 01, 2013, 07:10:54 am »

It does a lot more stuff now, too. Yes, it's little silly, but thus is the way of modding.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 01, 2013, 07:14:42 am »

It does a lot more stuff now, too. Yes, it's little silly, but thus is the way of modding.
Can't they just make a new skill? Or replace alchemy or another useless skill?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 01, 2013, 07:17:41 am »

Can't they just make a new skill? Or replace alchemy or another useless skill?
No, I don't think so. I don't think it's easy to tamper with the available skills. And quite a few skills got replaced or consolidated in order to make room for a lot of updates. Alchemy was already changed, and the next most usually useless skill was strand extraction, I guess. Though it would be better explained by the actual creator of the mod.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2013, 07:21:59 am »

Animal caretaker?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 01, 2013, 07:24:58 am »

Actually , I don't know if that got replaced. That's a valid point, that is a truly useless skill. At least currently.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 01, 2013, 07:27:05 am »

Actually , I don't know if that got replaced
. That's a valid point, that is a truly useless skill. At least currently.

Yeah, until they add vets, its useless

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 01, 2013, 08:49:40 am »

Alright, my dwarf wants a copper pick, 5 plump helmet spawn, 5 plump helmets, one piece of wood, and the following skills: prayer 5, mining 1, growing 1, masonry 1, carpentry 1, metal smithing 1. If he has any points left over, a pair of non-grazing breeding animals wouldn't go amiss either.

I got Carpentry covered, just let me know what you need.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 01, 2013, 01:36:02 pm »

I'll take a dwarf, preferably male, with the job title of Priest. He'll have one point of Prayer and decent social skills. And a point of growing, if possible.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 01, 2013, 03:05:10 pm »

Each dwarf of the original 7 has 500 embark points to use on skills and other stuff, so if you download a save and do a random embark, you'll be able to figure out how much 500pts will get you pretty exactly.

Vgray: I'll add you to the list

Highmax: Admantium is the "holy metal", ergo, those who work with admantium are by their very activities doing holy work.  So yes, making the wafers are a form of "prayer by doing stuff" like the Tibetan prayer wheels or Catholics/Buddhists with their prayer beads.  (I thought that was a particularly neat addition)

Alchemy is no longer a useless skill either - there's a whole skill tree dedicated to it now.  Likewise the schools of Magic, various types of trade guilds as well as book making, so that your adventurers can actually carry around little journals...

It's going to be fun seeing what else you guys discover about the mod and how you use that knowledge, as we play.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 04:58:47 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The luckiest tourist EVER (3 spots still open for the 1-on-1 community game)
« Reply #191 on: November 01, 2013, 05:35:00 pm »

I have played the mod before and know at least some of it fairly well. Also, if vgray is taking the priest role then nevermind on my dwarf's embark stats. I'll think of something else.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The luckiest tourist EVER (3 spots still open for the 1-on-1 community game)
« Reply #192 on: November 01, 2013, 05:47:44 pm »

Who says we can't have two priests?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 01, 2013, 05:50:30 pm »

Hmm... Do our priests get along or do they have a rivalry going on?

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 01, 2013, 06:02:18 pm »

Hmm. Let's wait to see if the gods our Dwarves worship clash.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22