Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should the districts adjacent to Whitecastle be zoned?

Agriculture
Housing
Parkland
Government
Industry
Natural resource harvesting
Religious
Utilities (Power, sewer, water, ect...)
Other (please post below)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: The luckiest tourist EVER (Update underway...)  (Read 83584 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: The luckiest tourist EVER (Players wanted)
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2013, 04:12:52 am »

This looks like too much fun to miss. Sign me up for a turn.

I've never used graphics though. Or Masterwork, for that matter. Are the graphics necessary? I much prefer the ASCII if it's possible. Otherwise, can someone explain to me how to set up the game before my turn comes around?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2013, 05:30:30 am »

I've never used graphics though. Or Masterwork, for that matter. Are the graphics necessary? I much prefer the ASCII if it's possible. Otherwise, can someone explain to me how to set up the game before my turn comes around?

Masterwork changes a lot of the raws, and because of this changing the graphics pack after a worldgen can result in unforseen consequences, so it's best not to change them midgame. I recommend you download MW and go over the readme file, the changes are numerous and long to go over here. Link is in my sig below.

You want a turn fricy? I'm still open to adding players to the list.

Thx, I'll just lurk around for now. If I have the time to figure out how to mod some of the ideas I have, I'll let you know.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2013, 02:55:51 am »

@Sappho: I'm using the default "Phoebus" graphics pack that is provided with the Masterwork Mod (v.3) download.  Lots of the extra stuff included in the Mod calls dfhack v3 processes to make them function, and I'm not sure if the ASCII tileset is recognized by it or not.  Personally, I'm using "screen capture" and the "paint" program that comes with "Windows" to edit them into the graphics that have been posted so far.  However, if you'd like to draw something and scan it in instead, or even do some photomanips, that's cool too.  (Stick men, not so much - the game is about Twoflower's vacation and vacation memoirs rarely include stick men, know what I mean?)

So go to the link provided by fricy and follow the directions there for downloading/getting started with "v.3".  (I'd suggest you choose "no" when asked to run it in full screen mode.  While you can enlarge it to cover the full screen, that option makes it easier to switch back and forth from the dfhack console.)

Extract the latest save file (from the link of the same name on my first page) into the "saves" file (located at MasterworkDF v3/Dwarf Fortress/data/save), then start the game up using the external user interface (There's a picture of a dwarf with a horned helmet on it).

Actually, you may get more of an idea about this by downloading the game, starting it up then reading the "dwarf manual" tab on the upper left corner of that horny helmed interface screen.  That'll let you read in detail all the stuff included in the mod, as well as more easily access the save folder.

@fricy: Lurk as you like and please also feel free to comment about or suggest stuff without needing to take a turn.  If we're not having a good time, why go to all this bother in the first place?
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2013, 03:17:27 am »

their is an update savesgame button for masterwork on the launcher

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2013, 04:09:08 am »

No there isnt.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2013, 04:12:01 am »

sory i just checked it is on the genesis launcher

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2013, 06:30:26 am »

Wow, sounds like Masterwork makes a lot of changes indeed. I guess I'll just have to play around with it before my turn comes up.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2013, 11:35:39 am »

Pie: How about making a "frisbee golf" course?  I was thinking of doing something like that - you'd pitch a coin at a support and the number of tries to get it in would be the "par".  Windmills and other such obstacles (including random wildlife) would increase the difficulty.  Raising/lowering bridges via levers might be fun too.  Also, was thinking of putting in a "clubhouse" so our freinds could sit for awhile out of the sun and drink fruity beverages or eat prepared meals while looking out over the course.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2013, 09:31:43 am »

Oh my goodness... I'm trying to play a fort with Phoebus, to get used to it, and it's giving me a headache. Do you think it will be possible to turn off the graphics for my turn, then turn them back on again when I finish? I'll have a hard time playing with this.

Masterwork does seem fun, though.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2013, 08:25:16 pm »

@Sappho: I frankly don't know whether disabling the graphics will affect the Mod or not.  Meph?  What do you think?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2013, 04:56:53 am »

In theory, it shouldn't, but because of Good Bad Bugs and Murphy's Law? Yeah. It will affect EVERTHING.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2013, 06:48:42 am »

Disabling graphics, which really is just "creature sprites" is an init setting and does not affect the save in any bad way. The tiles and tilesets will still be used though. You can toggle it on/off like you want, just like temperature or weather. The color schemes are the same.

Changing tilesets alone will result in 50% of the tiles having the right tile, but many things looking very odd, like grass, plants and some rock/gems. And vermin.

Changing the tilesets and the raws in the save folder is absolutely no problem and will result in 100% of the tiles showing the right tile (in ascii as well, which is just another tileset btw), but you need to use raws with the exact same settings. So if you remember what you did with the Settings.exe when you genned the world, then you are good. Just set the Settings.exe to the same settings, click change tileset till you have the one you want, then copy the raws into the save raws. Make a backup before just to make sure.

If the settings are different in any way, you will experience crashes, up to a possible corrupted save.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2013, 01:42:53 am »

hmm sign me up, now to see what crazy stuff I can get the guy into.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2013, 02:10:21 pm »

To tide us over until Pie Maker posts his "save" tomorrow, I'd like some suggestions for various landmarks and touristy things that could be built.  I've already mentioned a "frisbee golf" with a clubhouse before - what else could be built that would be fun to discover/explore?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2013, 03:42:18 pm »

Cavern Overlook?
100 Z-Lvl Artifical Waterfall?
No time for Skyscrapes unfortunetley...
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22