Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 185698 times)

Stormphoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #1380 on: June 15, 2015, 09:29:18 am »

There's a sneaky Necromancer in my fort leaving effigies lying about. I trained up a Priest of Armok, who pointed at a Herbalist and shouted YOU!!!

Now what? Ward of armok doesnt reveal the necro. Howd i get rid of him?

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: June 15, 2015, 11:26:48 am »

There's a sneaky Necromancer in my fort leaving effigies lying about. I trained up a Priest of Armok, who pointed at a Herbalist and shouted YOU!!!

Now what? Ward of armok doesnt reveal the necro. Howd i get rid of him?
If you are certain you have the right Dwarf, Burrow him in a holding cell, or however you wish to dispose of him.  You could also make him a 1-Dwarf squad and explore the Caverns.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: June 20, 2015, 02:48:43 am »

That was...odd...

Playing masterwork reborn and regularly getting undead elephants. Slapped on the "run inside" alert on seeing the cancel messages, though not before some killed half a dozen dwarves, then went to check the area...can't see any more...I'll just check the unit screen to make sure...there's two more...zoomed to them...and they're up a dang tree...

I can just imagine the questions the next migrant wave asked once they made it inside (they'd nicely popped in on the other side of the map from the undead elephants pretending to be birds)...

"Why is no one allowed out the front door?"

"Because there's two undead elephants up a tree."

Eventually I removed the outside burrow from around them and let the dwarves back out and eventually dealt with them by making a small square of the burrow and chopping the trees down with removing the burrow immediately and they chased the wood chopper into the cage traps.

Also caught a Cyclops that came to visit, now I don't know what to do with him...target practice?

And apparently the evil biome is a resurrecting one since I have an undead forgotten beast wandering around the second cavern O.O guess I'm not reopening that cavern anytime soon...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 12:23:41 am by ElenaRoan »
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: June 30, 2015, 05:22:44 pm »

Year 4. Population 20

Both the male and female moleweasels are asexual. Not a single litter. My one tuskox bull prefers other bulls.

No marriages. No children. Only two dwarves are lovers.

This is the longest I've kept a low population. My fps averages 150. Normally it's down to 50 by this time, but I usually have 80+ dwarves by then. I think most of the extra bodies were needed to continuously make clothes and drinks for that many. Stuff is getting done at population 20.

I may have discovered dwarftopia. It even has undead keas.

Edit: half of the dwarves are over 80 years old. Youngest is 57. I appear to have started a retirement community.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 06:12:06 pm by There Is No Vic »

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: July 06, 2015, 09:33:03 am »

Year 4. Population 20

Both the male and female moleweasels are asexual. Not a single litter. My one tuskox bull prefers other bulls.

This is the longest I've kept a low population. My fps averages 150. Normally it's down to 50 by this time, but I usually have 80+ dwarves by then. I think most of the extra bodies were needed to continuously make clothes and drinks for that many. Stuff is getting done at population 20.

Edit: half of the dwarves are over 80 years old. Youngest is 57. I appear to have started a retirement community.

That's preposterous. Dwarven retirement consists of maulings, magma, drowning, elves, other dwarves, wildlife, undead, poisonings, infections, lengthy hospital stays followed by FURTHER maulings, starvation, dying of thirst, booze explosions, long falls, ghosts, fire, superbeasts, elephants, sponges, carp,  and forgotten beast secretions.  And stabbings! Don't forget the stabbings!

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: July 07, 2015, 05:09:23 pm »

Year 4. Population 20

That's preposterous. Dwarven retirement consists of maulings, magma, drowning, elves, other dwarves, wildlife, undead, poisonings, infections, lengthy hospital stays followed by FURTHER maulings, starvation, dying of thirst, booze explosions, long falls, ghosts, fire, superbeasts, elephants, sponges, carp,  and forgotten beast secretions.  And stabbings! Don't forget the stabbings!

I retired that fort and 1/4 of those dwarves showed up at the new fort within 2 years. Around year 5 I opened up the circus for a fine farewell.

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 09, 2015, 05:29:12 am »

I love that feeling when I get my stoneworking industry setup perfectly - all the little dwarves running around, pushing minecarts, everything ticking over on it's own and my work orders finishing quicker than they can get issued.  Perfection.

In the meantime, I have no metalworking industry, no defensible perimeter, I'm being besieged by Succubi, and my brewer seems to be on strike.

I think I'm going to sit here and watch my masons ticking over while the rest of the fort falls apart...
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: July 23, 2015, 03:50:18 pm »

1600 corpses. 1100 body parts. FBs have been busy turning the caverns into a massive graveyard. I'm considering flooding the caverns with magma, but at 9 fps, it would be a hassle.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 23, 2015, 04:02:55 pm »

1600 corpses. 1100 body parts. FBs have been busy turning the caverns into a massive graveyard. I'm considering flooding the caverns with magma, but at 9 fps, it would be a hassle.
Would it be worth it to use DF hack to spawn magma in problematic squares?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1389 on: July 24, 2015, 03:57:10 am »

Check the state of decay mod in the mod releases, they have scripts to clean stuff like that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: July 24, 2015, 10:50:31 am »

Check the state of decay mod in the mod releases, they have scripts to clean stuff like that.

Thanks for the quick responses.

I'll try State of Decay, and spawning magma until then.

runedog48

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 24, 2015, 01:40:23 pm »

Switched back from reborn to old MW and started a new fort and instantly without even doing anything.....

Code: [Select]
** Starting New Outpost **
Zagith Argedudib, Miner has been crushed under the collapsing ceiling.
A section of the cavern has collapsed!
You have struck rocksalt!
it  The Cook in the body part, but the attack is deflected by The Cook's (shell shirt)!
The Cook is caught in a cloud of boiling magma!
The Cook is caught in a burst of clay!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 10:03:41 pm by runedog48 »

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: July 25, 2015, 01:40:34 am »

All the animals in my Orc fort seem to be having a loyalty cascade. They don't seem to be attacking my Orcs, just the other animals.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: July 25, 2015, 01:49:02 am »

All the animals in my Orc fort seem to be having a loyalty cascade. They don't seem to be attacking my Orcs, just the other animals.

???

starving grazers?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: July 25, 2015, 01:28:41 pm »

Overcrowded animals WILL attack each other. You gotta give them their space.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 113