Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 184877 times)

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #1395 on: July 26, 2015, 08:37:32 pm »

I only have Orcish Dire Wolves and they have free reign of of the fort. But they seem to crowd around whoever trained them so IDK

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: August 01, 2015, 02:49:47 pm »

Replaced the 65W power supply for my laptop with a 90W. My fort jumped from 45 fps to 200+. Holy moly!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: August 01, 2015, 02:53:14 pm »

Replaced the 65W power supply for my laptop with a 90W. My fort jumped from 45 fps to 200+. Holy moly!

Haha, you never know when your computer have inadequate power until you fix it.

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: August 09, 2015, 10:42:59 am »

Okay i am playing a human fort in 34.11 and i have a ton of non-engravable caravan guards dead in my moat that are haunting my people. Is there a DFHACK command to make them fuck off? I could not find it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: August 09, 2015, 10:49:32 am »

should be clear-ghostly or something similar, but unless they're killing/maiming people they aren't really doing any harm. Look at the bright side, Ghost Town!

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: August 09, 2015, 04:52:38 pm »

Considering they're asking about it I doubt the ghosts are being very helpful. :x

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: August 09, 2015, 07:31:10 pm »

So I just started a new fort on top of a volcano. I was at first worried about magma creatures popping up to say "hi" like they had in several other forts I've had so I made sure to quickly put in floors and walls so that nothing bad could get in. However, I didn't completely wall off the magma vent, I had a single obsidian door that I locked and shut tightly so that I could later floor off the rest of the vent.

The next season, I noticed a magma elemental poking around but I didn't want to send my militia since they were all still training and not particularly experienced. Then I noticed the elemental breaking through the locked door (I didn't know they could do that) and attacking the nearest dwarf. It terrified me to think that one of my dwarves would die this early, but when I called the militia to attack I saw how the attacked dwarf immediately changed its sprite to match its speardwarf sprite and began to fight. Before the rest of the militia could arrive, that single speardwarf (with low combat skills) managed to dodge every attack and continually chip away at the elemental with her spear.

She then finished the fight by punching the elemental's face so hard its head flew off. Let me repeat, a dwarf with average strength, agility, and a novice skill level in Striker, decapitated a MAGMA elemental with her fist. Maybe mundane to most everyone else, but that was probably one of the greatest feats awesomeness I've seen a dwarf perform in fortress mode.

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: August 10, 2015, 12:07:43 pm »

Clear-ghostly is not a reconnised command :(

Also how do i make candles in a human fortress? I need some for learning spells from the warlock

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: August 10, 2015, 10:50:36 pm »

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: August 11, 2015, 03:58:03 pm »

Thanks i found it. I am still baffled on how the fuck i get candles though. I have migrants with the proffesion chandler, they have high skill in candle making and the candle making labor enabled, and yet i cannot figure out how the shit to get candles. I looked in the manager screen and the only reaction that even includes the word candle is "practice candle making" which i assume is a training reaction in the university or something.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: August 11, 2015, 10:02:19 pm »

I couldn't find anything by raw-delving either -- although I've barely played humans except a turn or two in a community fort, so i could easily miss something obvious.

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: August 12, 2015, 11:59:10 am »

I also have every variety of special fun availible in my human fort, but all i ever get are white tigerman seiges. Is this a bug or something?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: August 13, 2015, 07:57:45 pm »

In 34.11 version there's no known bug for shortage of sieges.  In the newer versions there are less seiges (feature not bug, arguably)

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: August 13, 2015, 10:22:55 pm »

This is in 34.11. The sieges are frequent enough, it is just always the same white tigermen when I have all fun stuff enabled. I was hoping for some more variety, the tigermen mostly do not use any weapons or armor

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: August 13, 2015, 10:37:48 pm »

That's not the norm.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 113