Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 185682 times)

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #1410 on: August 14, 2015, 11:07:44 pm »

Wow. I just started a new fortress in a savage region and was immediately jumped by a pack of giant grey langurs and three grizzly bears. My two dwarves I set up to be militia are dead and my animal handler is terribly wounded never mind he's dead now, plus we don't have a doctor, several pets are dead, and my dwarves are now without any defenses in an apparently harsh region. I think this makes a new record for how fast I lost more than one dwarf and I've played on a lot of evil embarks and never had something like this happen.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: August 24, 2015, 10:30:40 pm »

Started a new fort and it turns out it is in an abandoned tent city.  There must be 20 or more tents, all made from 40-100 pieces of cloth or leather each.  Guess I won't need a loom for a while.  May have to work to book making early, so I can have fun with training everyone (I normally have to wait until I can get enough leather for vellum).

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: August 25, 2015, 10:14:43 pm »

I swear this game is getting to me. A mega beast just flew into the map, tore apart almost all of my livestock, and killed two of my dwarves before the militia put it down. I didn't flinch after seeing so much blood and bodies strewn about around the farm despite how I lost so much animals. The first thing I checked was to see if one of my militia died and was relieved that my captain survived and didn't care that another soldier didn't. Then afterwards I saw how one of the farm workers died in the attack and I just laughed it off because I had plenty of other farmers.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: August 26, 2015, 10:47:38 am »

8 militia dwarves, all missing right boots. 17 unused mail boots in stock. I like to think of it as a local military tradition.

"Welcome to Forkbad. Are ye brave enough to go into battle with only one boot?"

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: August 28, 2015, 07:43:58 am »

I've just caught my 35th forgotten beast.

Picture is my cage gunner.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 07:48:11 am by Abaddon »

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: August 28, 2015, 12:39:34 pm »

Can't see the picture. :< It's super tiny.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: August 29, 2015, 06:18:14 pm »

Finally tracked down the Vampire-Succubi who's been having her fill of the inhabitants of my dungeon.

She's my militia leader, by chance.  She also hasn't killed any of her victims/lovers, so she's more than welcome to stay.

Edit: Check that...she just sucked her single squad mate dry
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 06:40:24 pm by Treason »

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 30, 2015, 07:08:21 pm »

Finally tracked down the Vampire-Succubi who's been having her fill of the inhabitants of my dungeon.

She's my militia leader, by chance.  She also hasn't killed any of her victims/lovers, so she's more than welcome to stay.

Edit: Check that...she just sucked her single squad mate dry

..... hot... >///>

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: September 01, 2015, 07:58:37 am »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1419 on: September 01, 2015, 08:16:45 am »

Looks fine on my screen!

http://dumpt.com/img/files/ocrt8sg1tho0tv95ct7t.png
Looks fine on my screen, he said and links to a tiny thumbnail. :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: September 01, 2015, 01:16:14 pm »

Looks fine on my screen!

The image is 910x91, perhaps it's a local issue.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1421 on: September 01, 2015, 02:16:27 pm »

Looks fine on my screen!

The image is 910x91, perhaps it's a local issue.
It's 250x25. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: September 01, 2015, 05:53:35 pm »

New fort on a savage glacier.  On embark, look there is a yeti!  I manage to make a sword and kill him.  Two days later...  Look there is a yeti!  Within a month and a half I've killed 10 freaking yeti, all single visitors, all showing up within days of the last one dying.  Since they are building destroyers I can't just ignore them..

I have more yeti bits then I know what to do with.  And half a metric ton of leather to boot.

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: September 02, 2015, 12:44:10 am »

You know, I thought having children be able to dismantle constructions was a good thing. It was weird that they could do that, but they also collect crops so whatever. But I just found a problem with it.

I ended up capturing a couple of drow snatchers and thought that having them just be torn apart by my militia was too boring. So I started building a "Pit of Despair" that i could use to execute captives. Basically I just have it so that prisoners are thrown off of the top of my fortress, then down into a deep pit filled with upwards spike traps to get a nice Mortal Kombat-esque flavor. You can probably guess what happened.

While a child was deconstructing some planks from the top of the pit, the little idiot actually went and stood on top of the floor he was dismantling. Good news is that he somehow survived the fall, albeit with a lot of bruises and by pure luck, he avoided the serrated iron spike that was designed to tear anything that falls down there apart. The bad news is that my pit is not nearly lethal enough if it couldn't even seriously injure a child. So now I have to make it deeper and make the traps deadlier.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1424 on: September 02, 2015, 02:24:48 am »

Things falling on spikes do not take extra damage.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 113