Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 185571 times)

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #1530 on: June 23, 2016, 09:55:47 am »

1st Hematite, early Summer
2nd Wyrm and yet another awakened granite stone at same time.  All troops sent to the Wyrm upon appearance.   The previous Wyrm was flux stone, steel teeth.  This one is granite and flailing about with his tail, exploding parts of nearby dwarves ‘into gore.’  And z screen says it spits magma? 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Many nasty casualties but again, a nearly miner took him out (finally) with a =steel battle pick=.  Our weaponsmith has been changing out the copper picks for high quality steel, we should remember to put the best miners in another militia for easy call up; some of them are now highly skilled after clear cutting areas for hidden gems. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: June 25, 2016, 09:24:20 pm »

Made a new empty fortress embark (No starting equipment/skills) just 7 dwarves. Dismantled the caraven for the precious wooden logs, made a carpenter's workshop and my first wooden training axe, its a start of a new adventure, what could go wrong! First tree I cut down...
LP'er

zukar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: June 26, 2016, 08:14:23 pm »

Made a new empty fortress embark (No starting equipment/skills) just 7 dwarves. Dismantled the caraven for the precious wooden logs, made a carpenter's workshop and my first wooden training axe, its a start of a new adventure, what could go wrong! First tree I cut down...

and this my friends, is why you cant be considered a true dwarf until you unleash a magma sea onto the surface world and kill every tree hugger hippie elf you see.

knew the bastards were planning to kill off the dwarfish race with their fucking trees.

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: June 26, 2016, 09:28:31 pm »

This is probably my fault.  I've been fastdwarfing maps clean of trees for 1000s of free logs before the elves can gripe.

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: June 27, 2016, 08:56:15 pm »

I am legitimately creeped out by this succubus civilization.
I guess that image doesn't want to show up but basically the civilization name is The Hug of Length.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 08:58:18 pm by daisha »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: June 27, 2016, 09:41:00 pm »

I am legitimately creeped out by this succubus civilization.
I guess that image doesn't want to show up but basically the civilization name is The Hug of Length.
Uncomfortably long hugs are probably the least weird thing about Succubi :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: June 29, 2016, 04:57:33 pm »

Several clutches of poults hatched and the door to the birdhouse was left open.  60 or so have gathered in the Temple.  All but a half-dozen dwarves are in there now watching a dance performance.  I think it’s called the Turkey Trot.

Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: June 29, 2016, 05:53:06 pm »

I guess they all heard
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
About the bird

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: July 03, 2016, 12:59:33 pm »

Goddamn pretas again!

And just earlier, I lost patience. I got a lot of stuff to fix and when the game crashed on me as I was digging down, I flipped the table and abandoned the fort. Goodbye Wethugged, I won't miss you.

I hope to stream a new fort once I got a bunch bugs ironed out and the magic altars will be done.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: July 04, 2016, 06:07:26 am »

A Facepalm moment –

A fantastic embark site: Iron Mountain.  Enough limonite, occasional magnetite.  Untamed Wilds, all Invaders ON w/ high skill levels, it’s been interesting.  But there’s no flux stone deposits anywhere on the map.  With the millstone dialed back in reactions, we’ve been living in the Iron Age for the first two years of this young fortress.  I forgot about kilns still making bonemeal from bones and guts; we could have had steel weapons and helms, at least. 

I need to spend more time with the raws and Notepad ++.   

Nidhoggur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: July 06, 2016, 05:31:17 am »

I've embarked with 7 orcs and a large herd of animals to a temperate forest plateau with a volcano. I wanted to see how far animal-herding would take me, so I bought a lot of animals and pastured them among the trees.

The first year was uneventful. The second caravan comes, a caravan guard fights with something, but my orcs are inside, building the fort, so I'm not too worried. Then suddenly, the FPS drops. Uh-oh. I check the log. The guard was fighting some kind of magma-man. Then I check the surface.

The caravan guard was on fire. The caravan was on fire. The depot was on fire. Soon, the forest was on fire and so was my herd, which represented the better half of my embark points. My orcs could do nothing, as blaze consumed the surface. Of the herd, two boars survived. Of the eight-man caravan, we could only bury three. The rest were never found.

The orcs have switched to hunting.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: July 09, 2016, 04:50:34 am »

So, the Armory and Weaponry improve the quality of an item buy one step right? What happens if you run the reaction on a masterwork item then?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1542 on: July 09, 2016, 11:57:45 am »

So, the Armory and Weaponry improve the quality of an item buy one step right? What happens if you run the reaction on a masterwork item then?
It loses its quality and becomes an item with no quality modifier again. Lesson: Dont be greedy. Or wait till someone updates the script to detect masterwork quality and cancels the reaction.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

meltorefas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: July 10, 2016, 08:38:55 am »

18th of Galena 105, 5th year in this succubus fort. Embarked to a tropical beach. Only one invasion so far, if you can call it that... about 6 orcs showed up with no armor (and in some cases no weapons), were quickly dispatched by my frog demon/pearl fiend military. Only interruptions to my succubi's peaceful tropical life has been the intermittent werebeast attacks (5 so far). No infections and few deaths.

This last one was interesting, though... a werefox courtesan who managed to run down my legendary herbalist in the forest outside the fort. Thought for sure the herbalist would be dead before my military got there, but she escaped with only severe bruises. After the werefox was dead and its corpse dumped in one of my magma wells, I noticed it had left behind a slab it had apparently been holding. I had it brought back to base and took a look at it.

Edit: Took a look in legends viewer... this slab was created by The Red Bride (a succubus deity some of my people worship) back in year 40 for a snowy owl man who became the werebeast I killed. The slab apparently made him immortal, and then he was attacked by a werefox later. So... can I make all my succubi immortal with this thing? If so... how? >.>
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 08:51:47 am by meltorefas »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: July 10, 2016, 12:54:24 pm »

Retire fort, make adventurer with very high writing skills, read slab, retire adventurer at fort and then assign them as a scholar and hope they make a book about it. Or write a book about it in adventure mode if that's possible.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 113