Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 185898 times)

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #1575 on: September 11, 2016, 08:39:26 pm »

Just got visited by a Megabeast.
A Lindworm.

"A gigantic serpent that gnaws at the end of the world. Its venom is said to be powerful enough to kill a god".
So I closed the external bridges and watch carefully if he gets past. He doesn't.

I went back to my business periodically checking units page to see what visiting scholars re doing.
Suddenly I see megabest with a status "Caged Guest".
How? When? No idea, but apparently he slip past my defences right into cage traps.

And previously on The Walking Dead:
A squad of mercs equipped only with wooden tower shields and training spears enters the room where three bear man zombies are chained.
Half of the mercs panics and becomes overcome by terror.
The other half gets massacred in few minutes.
3 of them die in a hospital, because apparently all my doctors prefer to listen to music rather than surture and dress wounds of injured Pandashi Martial Artists.
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: September 16, 2016, 08:42:36 am »

A full-spec specs artifact.

What’s this?  A moody metalsmith made “Zisarum, Gauntcrush, a full-spectrum specs” from orichalcum worth 98K.  Z screen says it’s a helmet but I can’t find it listed in the raws.  “Full-spectrum specs” means, what?  Anti-magnetic, anti-magic, all the rest?  What is ‘all the rest’?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1577 on: September 16, 2016, 08:53:04 am »

specs = spectacles. Aka glasses.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 16, 2016, 08:54:40 am »

You can see all wavelenghts. :o

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 16, 2016, 10:02:37 am »

A full-spec specs artifact.

What’s this?  A moody metalsmith made “Zisarum, Gauntcrush, a full-spectrum specs” from orichalcum worth 98K.  Z screen says it’s a helmet but I can’t find it listed in the raws.  “Full-spectrum specs” means, what?  Anti-magnetic, anti-magic, all the rest?  What is ‘all the rest’?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

thats a gnome helmet. it increases perception and other stuff. cant see the manual because im on mobile, are u playing gnomes?  i remember u could use those to do stuff at the excavation site, which tells u nearby ores.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: September 16, 2016, 11:27:41 am »

Specs = spectacles?  Ah.  You English-as-First-Language people crack me up.    :)

Gnomes?  Nah, playing as dwarves, Ye Olde Masterwork.  “All spectrum goggles seeing different ores” would be fantastic for a miner, kind of like Reveal.exe ON, all the time.  Except miners can’t wear armor.  Kind of a good news/bad news, there.  YOM does have a great manual, I’d never looked at gnomes before; situational awareness x4, it says.  So it’s going into a crystal display case in the Meeting Hall at least until somebody takes out an FB or is otherwise deemed worthy.  Maybe we should spend more time with that Inventor’s WorkBench …   Long Live ☼Masterwork☼!!
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: September 16, 2016, 11:28:46 am »

There were keas on the map. One merchant got chased up a tree by a kea. He then proceeded to fall out, break his neck and die. Then the keas stole his clothes and fled the scene.

Coincidence? I very much doubt it!

can i sig this? thats just too funny :P

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 16, 2016, 11:30:22 am »

Specs = spectacles?  Ah.  You English-as-First-Language people crack me up.    :)

Gnomes?  Nah, playing as dwarves, Ye Olde Masterwork.  “All spectrum goggles seeing different ores” would be fantastic for a miner, kind of like Reveal.exe ON, all the time.  Except miners can’t wear armor.  Kind of a good news/bad news, there.  YOM does have a great manual, I’d never looked at gnomes before; situational awareness x4, it says.  So it’s going into a crystal display case in the Meeting Hall at least until somebody takes out an FB or is otherwise deemed worthy.  Maybe we should spend more time with that Inventor’s WorkBench …   Long Live ☼Masterwork☼!!
yeah, unfortunately only gnomes can make the 1x1 excavation sites , and without those u cant view the surrounding ore. u can make a raw edit and allow dwarves to build them, but not osciloscopes, or full-spectrum specs, which u need to actually make any use out of the site.

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: September 18, 2016, 07:35:33 am »

So a quick question to all of you who have tried.

I am not able to find info about it on wiki, so I will ask it here.

I have a giantess on my fortress, safe and secure. And I have a werezebra on the other side of the fortress, safe and secure as well.

What will happen if I combine the two? Apart from werebeast being eventually torn to shreds, will the giantess get infected with werecurse?

I would like to know before going through the trouble to be a matchmaker for them :)
function getlost ()
end
getlost ()

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: September 18, 2016, 10:04:08 am »

Finally figure out that data/init/overrides.txt is required for twbt - Linux save migrated to 1.15 now looks awesome!!  Thanks Meph!!

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: September 18, 2016, 03:18:23 pm »

Well i hope its alright if i come into the mix =)

My above ground Human City Chainshock settled in the Northern temperate woods are doing really fine im almost done with the 3rd wall layer and can now start bulding them upwards and make my Moat.
My Chef Cook Ramsey ( i always name my starting cook that xD) decided to make a Lether artefact which turned out to be a Rugged Leather Armor which is even better then my Legendary Leather Toga =D.
And i was attacked by the most Pitifull army i have ever seen im not even sure any of them had weapons  since they all ran as my army of a whole 3 soldiers.. (working on it) in Iron Equipment attacked and slaughtered all which were not fast enough..
All in all it's going good beside the fact that my best fighter died because of a drinking bug after i tryed to save him with slam commands alot of times.

In the Center is Castle Chainshock so far its 2 soon 3 storys high =)

Top right corner is the Farming Area with a Farmbuilding a Kennel pit for my Dogs and a littel lake.

Top Left Corner will be my Church and a guild *Tower* have to figure out how that will work out exactly...

Bottem Left is Crafting and some Housing.

Bottem Right Smith and more Housing + the Trading District.

i will Expand with more housing roads and some more  Crafting buildings and mybe better looking Farms.. but for now i will Finish my wall and security measurres up and train a big enough army to keep this City Save =)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 03:51:51 pm by Bainin »

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: September 18, 2016, 03:20:17 pm »

So a quick question to all of you who have tried.

I am not able to find info about it on wiki, so I will ask it here.

I have a giantess on my fortress, safe and secure. And I have a werezebra on the other side of the fortress, safe and secure as well.

What will happen if I combine the two? Apart from werebeast being eventually torn to shreds, will the giantess get infected with werecurse?

I would like to know before going through the trouble to be a matchmaker for them :)

I think it depends... what i can tell you is if the werezebra manages to scratch it or bite it the chances are high but i do not recommend it since you will get a message of the giant turning every time till he dies for no apparant reason. (happend to my wererat citizen Timmy)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: September 18, 2016, 03:44:34 pm »

It's the bites that transfer curses, not scratches, unless that was changed at some point, since I've never had a case of werecreatures coming from scratches. Although generally chances are it's already gnawing on someone if it scratches people...

Think it's high time I sit down and play again, and since no major human-related updates are coming to my knowledge, time to play humies as incorrectly as I can short of digging underground!

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: September 18, 2016, 04:16:01 pm »

We will find soon enough.
Just learned from wiki that neither giant nor human wereform is trap avoid.

This will be easy.

Bainin, nice looking fort. Mine never looks that good -.-
function getlost ()
end
getlost ()

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: September 18, 2016, 04:46:27 pm »

im not even that happy with it but i think it will look alot better after i build roads and more buildings =)
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 113