Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 185920 times)

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #990 on: June 14, 2014, 07:18:08 pm »

Are Balrogs trap immune?
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 16, 2014, 09:27:50 am »

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:04:40 am by fucduck »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 16, 2014, 10:07:02 am »

Orcs might be ugly creatures but they are know for their amazing spears. *WINK WINK*

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 16, 2014, 10:13:07 am »

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:04:57 am by fucduck »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 16, 2014, 10:36:33 am »

Seriously... My dining room is empty! That never happened before, even when they were just 7. Everybody is admiring a fine restraint. I think my dwarves are all depraved.

So the succubus attack is a success then.

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 16, 2014, 12:11:38 pm »

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:04:52 am by fucduck »

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: June 17, 2014, 08:08:03 am »

Thanks to them my dwarves are almost at war with the elves. Goblins attacked their caravan outside while the Forest Treasury Diplomat was being ignored by the leader. The Dwarf insisted to conduct the meeting inside the blond succubus room, but the elf was too scared to get inside. "A diplomat left unsatisfied"

Edit
The Broker has organized a party at leather chain.

I love random stuff like that in DF, makes the whole thing more interesting.  Like, for example, I just now realized that one of my Uruks, probably the finest warrior in my tribe, slain hundreds of foes, wrestled down Giant White Tigers in the wild single-handed, etc., is holding a set of naga bone dice, that he owns and so apparently brought with him when he migrated to my fortress.  Near as I can tell, he's been holding them ever since, never put em down.

This tells me that he is a gambler, and they're his "lucky dice."  I briefly considered science-ing this one, getting his hand chopped off to see if he picks up the dice with his other hand, then figured "hey, he'll probably lose his hand at some point anyway, no sense throwing away a fine uruk warrior just to satisfy curiosity."
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 17, 2014, 08:28:08 am »

Where does it say he is wearing the dice?

I think the "dice" item in Masterwork is just a renamed piece of jewelry, like rings or bracelets. From what I remember Journals are actually Earrings.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: June 17, 2014, 09:29:26 am »

Where does it say he is wearing the dice?

I think the "dice" item in Masterwork is just a renamed piece of jewelry, like rings or bracelets. From what I remember Journals are actually Earrings.

Yes, and this is a trophy from a slain naga. And because it his dice, he will 'wear' it.

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 18, 2014, 10:53:49 am »

"The item is a superiorly designed image of a human skin in dolomite"

ick.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: June 18, 2014, 12:05:00 pm »

"The item is a superiorly designed image of a human skin in dolomite"

ick.

Sure, ick when it's just human skin, but put that skin around a shapely body and suddenly it's not so gross anymore right? You fleshbags are odd creatures.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 18, 2014, 05:46:54 pm »

Trying the six noble embark for dwarves. Everyone is happy and then I promote someone to psychiatrist and it all goes downhill. The broker (a noble himself) gets annoyed that he's talking to "a pillar of society". Naturally, annoyed dwarves are sent to the psychiatrist. Result: 50 instances of "was forced to talk to a pillar of society" and one tantrum. Hooray psychiatry!
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1002 on: June 18, 2014, 06:00:13 pm »

Trying the six noble embark for dwarves. Everyone is happy and then I promote someone to psychiatrist and it all goes downhill. The broker (a noble himself) gets annoyed that he's talking to "a pillar of society". Naturally, annoyed dwarves are sent to the psychiatrist. Result: 50 instances of "was forced to talk to a pillar of society" and one tantrum. Hooray psychiatry!
If not the psychiatrist, they would go to the mayor. I just split that up. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 18, 2014, 06:02:06 pm »

If not the psychiatrist, they would go to the mayor. I just split that up. ;)
Actually its quite fun. He has yet to damage anything and I'm three tantrums in. And 100 complaints about authority.

EDIT: Fifth tantrum and he finally punched his psychiatrist.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 06:04:48 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: June 18, 2014, 06:07:48 pm »

I started a glassfort.  Embarked someplace with sand and lignite and am trying to make everything from at least glass, if not better.  Wow was it easy to get started, way less annoying than starting with cassiterite and malacite bearing rocks (which I had tried earlier).  And glassforging my gear costs less time and less coal than making it the normal way.

Still haven't gotten far enough in to see how the glass gear fares against invaders, but tentatively it is pretty easy to deal with.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 113