Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 185750 times)

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #1095 on: July 27, 2014, 12:57:34 am »

Heheh. I had a nun of Arnok once whose name translated to "SweatyFaith".

He was probably moved by great fervor!

My next dwarf with Praying was a non-apostle, by the name of Seducer Saluteincest @_@
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: July 27, 2014, 12:18:27 pm »

Edit:Replaced the latest twbt.plug.dll with the one already in MW.  Loaded up my game.  Successfully disabled the multi-z level viewing with the "multilevel" command.  Frame rate restored.

I'm seeking clarification.. do you mean you replaced the .dll already in MW with the latest version?

Exactly.

I downloaded the latest version of TWBT, opened up the dfack v4 that MW is running and replaced the twbt.plug.dll already in MW with the one from the updated TWBT.

Nothing seems broken so far and I can make use of the updated commands for eliminating multi z-level view all together or reducing the number of z-levels seen, just fine.

As was pointed out by Meph in the release notes for the current version, unless you've monkeyed with the init settings, the unseen z-levels do show as solid black.

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: July 30, 2014, 04:21:27 am »

My long-awaited caravan finally arrives, carrying all of the leather I need to finish outfitting my marksdwarves.  Sadly, they're immediately followed by a large undead seige.  The guards dive into the fray, buying the merchants time to escape to the fort... but as soon as one is slain, said merchants decide it's all too dangerous, turn around, and head right back into the melee.

At least I'll be able to pick up the goods, once I've got through around a hundred zombies.

Also:
The item is an exceptinally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massisve). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialise the really important events.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:01:53 am by Innocent Dave »
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 30, 2014, 05:49:07 pm »

The item is an exceptinally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

[/quote]

This may be sig-worthy
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 30, 2014, 05:53:54 pm »

Alright, another new embark; yeah, I go through them like I go through M&Ms :D

Plaguewindy, an orcish outpost settled on the eastern banks of.. er.. some river that I forget the name of. I actually think I'm going to build partially below-ground for this fort; have homes down below, but as much industry as I can up top. And being on a river (actual river, about 20 tiles wide) I'd going to work on setting up a fishing industry of some sort, and then try my hand at ranching (including milking and shearing) and maybe glassworking. A few new things for me, at least ^_^

note: high quality wooden trap components sell for a lot.. I had a few wooden stakes go for over 200 orkbuks!

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: July 30, 2014, 06:31:24 pm »

If a plant is X'd (eg:   X (sea dews [5] ) X    )  are they still useable?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 30, 2014, 06:44:58 pm »

Probably. It might decrease the quality of the finished product, but I'm not sure about that.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 30, 2014, 07:08:01 pm »

Probably. It might decrease the quality of the finished product, but I'm not sure about that.

I'd bet it won't.

I compared the value of a damaged shirt with the cost of an equivalent undamaged shirt one day and was surprised to find there was no difference.

Though I'm confused as to how a plant got damaged. Left it outside in a toxic cloud?

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 31, 2014, 01:28:12 am »

I'd bet it won't.

I compared the value of a damaged shirt with the cost of an equivalent undamaged shirt one day and was surprised to find there was no difference.

Though I'm confused as to how a plant got damaged. Left it outside in a toxic cloud?

was part of a merchant wagon that got torched by a fire spell

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 31, 2014, 01:28:57 am »

note: high quality wooden trap components sell for a lot.. I had a few wooden stakes go for over 200 orkbuks!

Wow, the * quality ones go  for over 500

Modrean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 31, 2014, 02:59:13 am »

A Kobold fortess has risen. Most of my facilities are aboveground; only animals, and jack rat holes etc. at underground.

Small ferric elven troops have sieged me; but after constant bola and sling shots, they left. Still, sieges are not a real problem. Real problem is fishes. Lots of fishes. Just becuase the fortress has river access, fisherbolds are catching lots of raw fish. I'm opening too much storage holes; still it isn't enough. İ've dumped too much raw fish, still my storages are filled with 4000 fish. I'm waiting for the caravan hoping to save from all of the fishes in my fort.

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 31, 2014, 05:55:00 am »

Wheelbarrows. When playing gnomes or dwarves, I always bring 1 dedicated hebalist. Masterwork wicker wheelbarrows sell for 1200.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 31, 2014, 12:15:33 pm »

Wheelbarrows. When playing gnomes or dwarves, I always bring 1 dedicated hebalist. Masterwork wicker wheelbarrows sell for 1200.

I usually embark somewhere with peat for unlimited fuel. Then: Pray for soft metal/R, Forge Platinum Goblets 30/30 ad nauseam.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 31, 2014, 02:23:49 pm »

I usually embark somewhere with peat for unlimited fuel. Then: Pray for soft metal/R, Forge Platinum Goblets 30/30 ad nauseam.

that takes a lot of time to get going. Last time I had 5 legendary dedicated priests and still I doubt I got enough platinum to buy all the turrets and golems I ordered from caravans.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 31, 2014, 05:55:56 pm »

that takes a lot of time to get going. Last time I had 5 legendary dedicated priests and still I doubt I got enough platinum to buy all the turrets and golems I ordered from caravans.

Bauxite is usually plentiful in my embarks, so I get the metal from that and any titanite I find, put it in with the platinum. Silver and gold ore would be good too, but those have a high risk of metalwraiths raping my fort. Also, ores and even bars of precious metals are worth ordering from the caravan for the purpose of goblet making.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 113