Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 185946 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #1485 on: May 16, 2016, 03:10:42 am »

Right after starting I was attacked by a squad of cheese men corpses.

CHEESE
MEN
CORPSES

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1486 on: May 16, 2016, 03:29:58 am »

CHEESE
MEN
CORPSES
That stinks.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Avacado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: May 16, 2016, 11:25:28 pm »

Built a nice Adventurer's tavern above the entrance to my base. The wandering mercenaries and poets and such make a really good meatshield while my actual army gets ready for invasions.

CHEESE
MEN
CORPSES
That stinks.

>:(

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: May 21, 2016, 11:32:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So a Jotun showed up to my tavern and I thought that was the coolest thing since a huge merc would be so bad ass. The dude walked around the tavern and knocked over all the musical instrument and then DESTROYED THE GOLDEN ARMOR STAND that I gave to my Lords to train. Rude! So I sent my pikedwarf to bite him to death. Jotuns are supposed to be more than 100 times bigger than a dwarf. So the pikedwarf shook the ogress around is beyond me. Those are some super strong neck muscles.

P.S. Can anyone draws a dwarf biting a giant on the foot and then shaking it around? Lol

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: May 28, 2016, 04:18:19 am »

It was all going so good, then my jeweler decided to make the perfect(artifact) ruby.

So I'm like yeah bring it on i can defend my newfound 96k Wealth boost with my army of 20ish naked merc's because of the new equipment mods added in 1.03 I haven't quite got my head around the new layering system for them :(

I'm not playing with fire by adding a nice display case for everyone to see and for everyone to talk about on there travels... thats not going to bite me in the ass :(

LP'er

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: May 29, 2016, 11:04:03 am »

Only the most Dwarvyist dwarves laugh in a titans face sadly that was the last time he laughed

LP'er

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: May 29, 2016, 02:13:25 pm »

Something is a little strange about ethics, and/or butchering, currently.

I don't mind *that* much that Enina is storing Orc Lung Chops in the larder.  I do wish she would make up her mind and stop running them back and forth to the graveyard, though.

(Seems to be only 1 dead orcs that they butchered.  Perhaps it was the one who had been bitten by the weremoose.  I had to forbid orc chops from the larder and then spent a minute manually forbid each item as they placed it next to the casket.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:45:48 pm by smakemupagus »

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: May 30, 2016, 07:18:38 am »

Year Three.  A wereElk followed by a werePorcupine came by with quality tower shields and serious military skills, capping a series of one werewhatever after another with multiples each season.  My armored, mostly well-trained, steel and and silver-weaponed troops have been no match, the Tombs are filling up with dozens of engraved slabs.  I’m just trying to figure out the Library and Textile system in the latest release, re-loading with all invaders, necro’s and were’s OFF.  The invaders I could handle, but --

Edit: 3 restarts, it seems werebeasts and necros will be with us forever, GUI be damned.  The entire hospital has been locked down with forbidden doors and a temp MASH unit set up while we wait for the last 20 or so to experience the Amontillado Effect.  WereTortoises don’t seem to be as tough as WereElks.  Patrols now out everywhere, I miss scarecrows.  On pillars.   
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 10:02:22 am by jimboo »
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Avacado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: May 30, 2016, 01:12:50 pm »

A miner got wounded really badly by some sort of horse man and I don't have available water/soap nor do I have any trained doctors able to deal with her so I've basically written her off. Said miner gets a fey mood, lurches her way slowly down to the mason's workshop, and proceeds to craft an artifact coffin. Dwarf fortress makes too much sense sometimes.

e: And she's dead. Least she's got nice digs.

ee: One of my orcs just wrote "More politeness" which scared me, but the actual content of the book is talking about how useless it is to be polite, which is much more ork-y
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:53:39 pm by Avacado »

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: May 30, 2016, 01:34:16 pm »

Yes, a lot of the gui worldgen settings don't seem to take, but you can still edit them in-game and that does work. You might also want to consider a pet with high observation skill on a pillar and lots of manual traps. Trapavoid won't help vs random atom smashers everywhere.

I have typically found that most were-animals are easy targets for a decently trained military, although I will admit i'm using succubus with whips, and whips appear to still have their anti-armor lightsaber properties.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: June 01, 2016, 01:23:37 pm »

Awww yea...

Obivonknobi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: June 02, 2016, 12:09:00 pm »

In good faith, I invited a Wererhinoceros outpost liaison to my fort. He was very rude, he ran straight by the trade depot and started killing everyone. You learn as long as you... live.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: June 02, 2016, 12:52:20 pm »

Is Orichalcum good for maces? My smith just made an artifact one.

lokyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: June 02, 2016, 04:33:45 pm »

A chimera showed up, burned a monitor lizard to a crisp and got cut in half in one shot by a guy with greatsword. Now my fps is tanking hard and most of the map is on fire and spamming me with collapsing trees.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: June 02, 2016, 05:00:00 pm »

Is Orichalcum good for maces? My smith just made an artifact one.

Should be great, yes.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 113