Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 185815 times)

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #1620 on: October 04, 2016, 07:29:51 pm »

Hmm, ground plenty as 'bolds.  Not sure I have as dwarves.  Comes up on the jobs menu in manager, but not sure where... assuming dwarves actually can grind it.

Found it: kiln.  From remains or bones.  Leave some meals out to draw vermin and pasture some cats over it!

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: October 05, 2016, 11:53:36 am »

Just realiced there is no Screwpress in the human build when i wanted to make a honey production for the first time ever since i had alot of honey bees around but i can't process any of that good good honey  :'(

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: October 05, 2016, 01:18:21 pm »

Just realiced there is no Screwpress in the human build when i wanted to make a honey production for the first time ever since i had alot of honey bees around but i can't process any of that good good honey  :'(

There is a screwpress in humans.  Check the Farmers' Guild. 

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: October 05, 2016, 04:42:39 pm »

Somehow all invasions happen in spring.. first thing i do is call al citizen in so they don't walk on the frozen moat and drown while i look whats coming >.> this time around it was some Goblins.. how Classic sadly it did not go very well for them =P the first wave got pretty much butchered by my Champion and The Archers shooting from the Walls till they decided climbing up the rest of the wall and jump down 3 tiles into ice...? like why are they not staying behind the fortification and shoot?? i guess i need to build the wall in a way archers can't climb over it... Second wave got destroyed by my Army. My champion got a cut in his right arm because he did not wear the Artefact Orichalcum Glove... well my doc will fix him up quick. Also it looked like there was a pandashi invasion but the moment they got in they vanished same for the goblins though but they walked to the gate so now im waiting for the pandashis turn to attack me =P

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: October 05, 2016, 07:19:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I tried to get an autarkic generational fort going, but a kobold were-lemur showed up and mauled everyone before I could seal the pyramid. Rather than wait for the slow death by recurring were-lemur infestations or abandon it and possibly endanger new forts with were-lemur migrants, I had everyone wait in the hospital/temple/graveyard (They named it "The Fatal Cathedral", hilariously enough.) and dug into the side of the volcano. And it worked, everyone burned away- except for this baby, who is drowning in the molten rock instead.

The lava-flow rate was fairly slow, enough that four of the potential were-lemurs started and completed a full prayer activity before the room was half-full, and he was just dandy until it went over his head. What is this kid made of?!
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: October 06, 2016, 02:51:13 am »

you lost your fort to a singular werelemur...?
Purge the infected with a military squad and your set xD

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: October 11, 2016, 08:00:52 pm »

A new embark, a glorious start! We should be expecting our first dwarven caravan soon, what could go wrong!? Nothing ever goes wrong! Unless you happen to be a dwarven merchant trying to make contact with a recently embarked group of 7 foolhardy dwarves who thought they could carve out a new kingdom in the middle of no where, for the first time.

Ah they've arrived I had better get building that trade Depot

Then suddenly !

Uh oh that can't be good was it one of my starting animals? better go and check!

That's not one of my animals and its caged what's going on!?

So I sent out a search and "Rescue" party

Truly a tragedy! Sniff. I'll have to reminisce over their most "unfortunate" demise with some of their beer a toast to your... !? erhm... health! Yes.... of course... no one need know about this!

It's not like the dead come back to haunt you or anything, superstitious nonsense.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:06:30 pm by zakhad »
LP'er

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: October 15, 2016, 09:09:02 am »

Mis-clicked, butchered a Colossus Elephant when going for the calf.  7,000 instant meat.  Took a few dwarves out of Idler status, added just over two million to the fortress wealth as prepped meals. 

Most were not this valuable but it doesn’t take many six-figure pots of ☼roasts☼ to start adding up.  The next invasion should prove interesting.   
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: October 17, 2016, 08:39:59 pm »

Ferric elves ambushed me with a horde of war prairie dogs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw
(Okay, yeah I know he's a chipmunk not a prairie dog but still...)

EDIT: Now this is even funnier. After cleaning up from the Ferric elf ambush (which turned out to be really huge) some Jotuns came to trade. I thought they were supposed to be evil? Anyway, Sombith Ritharimgoz, Eldjotun Axeman (woman?) gave birth to a baby Rime Giant and left him at my doorstep!  :o Now I've got a baby Rime Giant crawling all over the place.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 10:16:31 pm by GhostDwemer »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: October 18, 2016, 09:25:10 am »

lol Jotuns are good guys... they devastated me on a 5 year succubus fortress....

Most recent development....  a Frog Demon Miner has gone insane, shes talking to inanimate objects, and randomly attacks people including caravans...  oh and someone made an Artifact Ratling Gun....  I didn't notice or care it was first year and it was made from a lot of "rough wood"... because it was a woodcrafter... here's the in game description:

So I just let this thing get picked up and moved around the Slade Tower, danced with in my tavern: "Pucexarmepolonde Geucecoliriscolas Ocacinde"

until it ended up in the hands of the Lady of Pain and the insane Frog Demon Miner had just attacked a White Tigerman Caravan, probably because the merchant's shoe told her to shut up...

So after the clean up...

and the burials, I locked the thing up on a pedestal to avoid it being used ever again.... in the middle of a tavern.... because of a crazy Frog Demon Miner talking to a merchant's shoe...
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: October 18, 2016, 09:51:03 pm »

Ugh. Jotun scholars keep visiting and destroying all my doors and hatches.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: October 25, 2016, 05:51:10 am »

Third year, metal industry growing due to mass producing toys to make chimpanzee dolls for my manager. One of the poor lads working lead was a master lye maker from the recent migration wave. Suddenly the lye maker claimed a forge, picked up a bar of orichalcum and a microcline boulder and began working secretively.
A moment later he ptesented an orichalcum gorilla doll. This fortress may have some weird monkey business going on. Anyway, the doll had an engraving of dwarves fighting elves in the only war that has ever happened in the 8 year history. Just when elven traders were visiting. Urist McHarambe isn't fond of our pointy-eared food delivery service, it seems. I bet he refused to eat his +pecan roast+ to spite them.

Later that year I had a hunter stumble upon a pack of feral goblins. They beat him up badly, mangling both hands, but left to search for a more fun victim. A vampire crossbowman was just leaving.
He noticed a horde of savages charging at him, so he raised his crossbow and fired a single bolt - straight into a greater goblin's heart. That would be impressive, but before he could reach for a new bolt a mob of greenskins smashed his head into pieces.
Suddenly 15 stout warriors in iron plate began their hunt - a hunt for goblins. Their only order was to kill anything green. For someone with no clear directives, the soldiers did a fine job staying together - almost every single fight ended with at least two dwarves teaming up against a single goblin.
Later, reading the logs I noticed there was one more combatant - a miner, who was probably going to mine gems from the mountainside. She fought at least three goblins, killing one. She had no armor and only an andesite pick. She wasn't even a good miner, maybe adequate, with no other combat skills. I found it funny how a regular dwarven laborer handled herself better than an undead mercenary.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: October 26, 2016, 11:34:52 am »

Well...  the succubus of The Lavender Silk set out to tame a river for the purposes of mass glass manufacturing, with hopes of raising a dam in crystal glass and slade, to show their power and control over the region...  month 4 on the new embark site initial deep drilling sites are up and running, materials being made to create the floating glass furnaces... and the undead attempt to lay seige to the site... military units were few, but 'The Lavender Silk' never send an embark without at least 1 Copper Lady of Pain...  1 unit versus a horde of 12 undead many would not face such odds... but Milaxe Misosaxadurme fears none that walk above or below the ground.

After a short battle the numbers were piled in her favor:

and a title was given to her from her enemies:

How proud she is to bear this title as she stands upon the hill viewing the chaos that gave it to her:

A sniffle and hack... we need a medic on this team to deal with her colds...

ooc: someone has to laugh at this one...  I did...
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: October 26, 2016, 11:21:37 pm »

Decided to finally open the first cavern level up and have the melee squad explore around a bit, when a cyclops appears up on the surface and charges for the fortress draw bridge Well, no one is outside, might as well close the bridge and station the marksdwarves in the entrance ravelin.

What's this, Famine Summerlion, visiting Pandashi axe-panda, armed only with his copper halberd and wearing only the fur Armok gave him, is outside? Too bad, he's probably- Holy Carp! He's going to town on that cyclops! Dang, son, that is some kung-fu panda action! You sliced off his eyelid? Sick moves!

Too bad about your mangled arm, but that's evidently not going to stop you. Melee squad is back from the caverns and ready to rumble but you've gone and finished the job by knocking him out and smashing his head over and over again. Your kung-fu is mighty, indeed, Famine. You're looking a little pale from blood loss, maybe head down to the hospital-no, I understand, you totally need a drink from the bar first, of course. Barkeep! Get this Panda a drink!

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: October 29, 2016, 08:56:42 pm »

Sadly, Famime Summerlion fell during the great Foul Blendec Siege of 255 after slaying great numbers of the reeking beasts. Just now, Thban Nfewdhthey, Great Horned Owl Man hammerowl arrived at the fort and stumbled on an asp viper trying to eat some construction workers, who were building the new inn to hold all the 'bovegrounders who've moved into the area. A farmer and mason were already badly bruised. Thban had been biting it and bashing it with his shield when the Craftsdwarf Avuz Risenotung kicked it in the head and killed it. Avuz and Thban promptly got into an argument and I bet it went something like this:

Avuz: Ha, did you see that, I killed that snake with one kick! Who would have thought I had it in me?
Thban: Hoo!
Avuz: Me, Avuz Risenotung!
Avuz: Look, I know you're new here ye great big bird but I'm fairly well known around these parts: Avuz Risenotung, craftsdwarf and snake killer at your service!
Avuz: I just said who, are you deaf you idiot bird? Avuz! Risenotung!
Avuz: AAAARGH!
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 113