Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thank you modders, your dedication to dwarf fortress is amazing.  (Read 444 times)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know many modders enjoy modding and do not do it for praise or glory. They would rather work behind the shadows, while they watch people enjoy their hard work. I guess you could say they are kind of like Batman... if he knew how to mod df (which he likely does because hes Batment.)

Anyways, recently while I enjoyed peoples countless modifications, I realized that I am so extremely grateful. Sure I have went on their forums and thank them, or even said thank you in a chat to them... but that didn't seem embarrassing enough :P. So I decided to make this thread, and hopefully many others will join me in thanking all the modders out there.
Without the communities continual support in modding, I doubt that there would be such a cult following as there is with dwarf fortress.

From me to all the modders out there trying to make dwarf fortress the best game possible, Thank you. If there is a donation option to some mods you enjoy, I suggest helping them out. Sure, ToadyOne diffently deserves donations as well, but I diffidently feel that the modders are too much overlooked. I have avoided mentioning specific modders, though some do some in mind, because I have suggested (i may do it later in the thread.)

Again, thank you so much. For myself, I doubt I could enjoy dwarf fortress as much as I do now without some of the mods that currently exist.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you modders, your dedication to dwarf fortress is amazing.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 03:25:00 pm »

The fact that any sap (like me, for example, should I not be lazy) could mod virtually anything in using the fairly simple system is a big asset to that cause.