Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The big picture  (Read 580 times)

popedoo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
The big picture
« on: June 25, 2013, 02:42:04 pm »

Hey All,

Apologies if this has been asked a million times already :) but what's the big picture with regard to developments since the last (June 2012) release of the game?

I think I last played the game back in 2010 (ish) and during that time, releases were pretty regular. Why the long gap since a new release - is something epic happening?  8)

Cheers

Jake

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: The big picture
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 02:48:25 pm »

toady's pattern is major release a few months of a bunch of small patches to fix bugs and add in an odd feature then a long wait then major release and a few months of bug fixes repeat.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 02:51:34 pm »

The world around you will no longer be doomed to die - births, deaths, and position succession will happen during play.
The nonhuman sites are returning to adventure mode. Including multi-tile trees for everyone, but especially for elves.
The adventurer will be able to climb, jump, track, be tracked, and incite rebellions against goblin oppressors.

That's the highlights. There's more in the upcoming release, too.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 04:03:00 pm »

The world around you will no longer be doomed to die - births, deaths, and position succession will happen during play.
The nonhuman sites are returning to adventure mode. Including multi-tile trees for everyone, but especially for elves.
The adventurer will be able to climb, jump, track, be tracked, and incite rebellions against goblin oppressors.

Synopsis: The epicness is happening.

Vlad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 05:26:34 pm »

Don't forget the movement/combat split and nonlethal combat including surrendering  :D

This is gonna change how we fight and defend our forts from invaders.

Man In Zero G

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 07:05:24 pm »

The big picture?
Quote from: Toady One
It's time to activate the world now.
Their lack of eyes should stop them from crying.
Just watching dwarves make poor decisions repeatedly as I fix their little minds...
I haven't checked since I'm not doing bugs until after the release (well, I'm doing bugs, in the additive sense).