Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hunters not picking up ammo!  (Read 1024 times)

hormiga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hunters not picking up ammo!
« on: June 25, 2013, 04:28:59 pm »

While playing Kobold camp and Orc fort my hunters get stuck in loops where they can't pick up ammo.

They just run to the pile, grab something then run a few steps then run back. CONSTANTLY.

Sometimes I can get them to hunt by setting them in a military squad but it is really getting annoying.

Is this a bug? IS there anything I can do to get hunting to work?

Thanks!

Blackdot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunters not picking up ammo!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 04:33:59 pm »

Its vanilla bug. This happens when hunter has one weapon and take wrong ammo. Turn off hunter labor and turn it on after few ticks. That way work for me.

hormiga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 04:58:29 pm »

Can I reduce this by limiting production to one shooter (like blow guns) and one ammo type? It is really annoying and almost impossible to get them to hunt

Blackdot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 05:10:29 pm »

I watching very closely my hunters last days :) and i've seen that this bug happens when they use all correct ammo. When they use it all, then they go and pick other ammo and then loop start :) I have javelin throwers and crosswbow dwarfs and before i turn on labor, i check how much ammo i have and make more. when they use ammo i turn off labor and continue to play. my fortress dont depends very much on hunting and this works great for me