Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: reproductive research project **NOW UNDERWAY!**  (Read 30409 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: reproductive research project **NOW UNDERWAY!**
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2013, 05:45:01 pm »

Real life intrudes. :(

My house was damaged by high winds and hail recently, and I have been sorting out the "contractor" situation.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2013, 10:28:38 pm »

Real life intrudes. :(

My house was damaged by high winds and hail recently, and I have been sorting out the "contractor" situation.

That sounds unfortunate, my condolences.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2013, 10:44:34 pm »

Well, considering it was golfball size hail with 100mph sustained winds for over an hour (the kind that levels houses on the coast), I think the damage I sustained is pretty minor, especially in light of what occured right next door, and the fact that mainstreet looked like a riot went through town.

Order has been restored, power back on, all that jazz.  Recent torrential rains have stressed the local insurance companies extensively with flooding claims, but thankfully I did not get that particular present from mother nature. It did however, delay my insurer from delivering my itemized claim form. I barely got it last week. I am currently sizing up different local contractors.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2013, 06:32:08 am »

Unless my sense of perspective is way off, that looks like a very close call for next door.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2013, 06:49:05 am »

No, your sense of perspective is not wrong. You can see the exact same tree in the background of the picture of my wobbly porch awning.

It was a very large juniper tree. Blown out of the ground, and nearly landing on their roof.

Not pictured was the "Driveby shooting" appearance of the neighbor's northern exposure. Mother nature apparently hangs out with the bad kids.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]