Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]

Author Topic: SHADOW EMPIRE: Procedural Sci-fi 4x wargame - Kaiju Warning  (Read 76577 times)

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SHADOW EMPIRE: Procedural Sci-fi 4x wargame - Kaiju Warning
« Reply #720 on: January 20, 2024, 01:39:25 am »

Oh, yes I can imagine that turns a bit complicated with many players. It's a bit surprising as the dom-style solution shouldn't be too complicated to implement.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 20, 2024, 08:26:09 am »

Oh, it'd be very complicated, as it'd require reinventing the entire game to have turns resolved simultaneously.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 21, 2024, 12:06:03 am »

These updates put me in a mood of maaaaaybe thinking about potentially considering entertaining the idea of having another go at MP.
Would there be any interest some time in the not-to-immediate future? Maybe try Oceania this time? Some house rules (cough*nukes*cough), etc?

Probably no intense multiplayer experiences for me until like, May.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 12, 2024, 06:31:31 pm »

Rolled a planet with random -160C glaciers scattered around on it. Ending your turn on one is more lethal than all but the worst radioactive hexes. Not sure whether or not this is a bug, b/c these spots can be right next to toasty-warm 30C hexes. It's also kinda fun b/c despite the obscene gravity, the atmosphere is so dense you can send an unoptimized light helicopter 16 hexs - it's almost more of a swimming machine than a flying machine.

Starting to see some more hints in the direction of the next DLC, Republica. Last patch added FP stratagems for fate-exclusive lost GR tech and GR units.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 12, 2024, 09:16:38 pm »

I'm no chemist, but I assume the proximity of -130 Celsius and 30 Celsius hexes is possible depending on the materials at -130 Celsius and the atmosphere which you described as quite thick, plus each hex actually being quite big.

But it seems weird, so it'll probably get patched out of you make a bug report.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 16, 2024, 07:57:13 pm »

Not sure what it is, but the AI majors have been kicking my ass in my recent game attempts. Guess I'll try a normal difficulty game now
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]