Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29

Author Topic: Star Citizen: The Old Thread Was Dead  (Read 61221 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen: The Old Thread Was Dead
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 05:49:48 pm »

What intrigues me the most is multi-crewed ships. We should have Bay12 crew. I am so looking forward to us flying in convoy!

Also, new website is pretty!!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 07:28:49 pm »

Ptw.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 07:39:37 pm »

All I see seem good for a single player game, but I see very little that would make a MMO game work. Hopefully they will expand on what they are planning to do on that front.

A player driven, resource attainment based economy; fun combat, and "make your own fun" have supported less ambitious games.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 07:40:18 pm »

What intrigues me the most is multi-crewed ships. We should have Bay12 crew. I am so looking forward to us flying in convoy!

Also, new website is pretty!!

Honestly I think given the option I'd rather be "in the crew", that just seems so comfy.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 08:04:10 pm »

I threw money at it while it was on Kickstarter, got myself two pre orders of the game <3  Been starving for a good Freelancer-esque game for a long while.  Tried X3 and was disappointed.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 08:26:12 pm »

They just released the Avenger, which seems to be an equivalent to police interceptor (Dodge Charger?):

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/avenger

It seems to be in between Hornet (through-and-through military fighter) and 325a (fighter variant of 300i) and ideal for bounty hunting because presumably it has a longer range and faster in straight line than a Hornet at the cost of slightly less firepower and maneuverability.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 08:52:00 pm »

There's currently a 24 hour dev livestream going on here: http://www.twitch.tv/roberts_space_ind_ch_1?utm_campaign=live_embed_click&utm_source=www.twitch.tv

Edit: Actually, scroll down to the bottom; there's 6 of them.

Only 1 and 6 currently active.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:57:37 pm by alway »

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 09:25:47 pm »

Here's a handy list of all ships available for purchase so far:

http://forums.starcitizenbase.com/topic/623-star-citizen-starship-information-compilation/

EDIT: During livestream RSI released additional 200 units of Idris corvette at $1,250 each. This Idris corvette variant is the civilian version and doesn't have a big turret than the military Idris sold during Kickstarter has. Even at that price, they got sold out within minutes!

This means in total there are only 100 military-spec and 200 civilian-spec Idris corvette with Life Time Insurance. They are the largest ship class to be offered with LTI.

Personally, I prefer smaller ship (ala Millenium Falcon), but I could imagine these LTI'ed Idris would become command ships of major alliances in the game, apart from Bengal Carrier (the largest ship announced so far).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 04:36:54 am by BuriBuriZaemon »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2013, 04:39:22 am »

I got the standard ship, which one was that again? :D

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2013, 04:52:36 am »

Glad you did Rince. It's an RSI Aurora. Any ships you purchase between now and 26 Nov will still have LTI.

Should you want to upgrade, you can reclaim the cash used to purchase the Aurora and you'll get an equivalent amount of credits that you can use on other ships. The 300i series (except for 350R) and Avenger is probably the best bang for the buck for ships below $100 because of their versatility.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2013, 04:57:06 am »

Ships below $100?

Sorry, that worries me. Are you saying that you will have to pay REAL MONEY for VIRTUAL SHIPS that are not guaranteed to exist for a theoretically infinite period of time?

If so, jeez - some people need their freaking heads looking at.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2013, 05:04:15 am »

I got it with the Kickstarter back then.

I think the ships are way to expensive, though I might consider an upgrade to the 325 if i have money to spend.

Ships below $100?

Sorry, that worries me. Are you saying that you will have to pay REAL MONEY for VIRTUAL SHIPS that are not guaranteed to exist for a theoretically infinite period of time?

You can prepurchase these ships. You can get them ingame later by spending ingame money. But you won't have these ships from the beginning. And I think the prepurchased ships have some kind of insurance?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 05:06:05 am by Rince Wind »

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2013, 05:04:51 am »

Ships below $100?

You don't have to spend real money to buy the ships, they all can be acquired using in-game credits. But the ones bought now will have Life Time Insurance, which is subject to certain mechanism to prevent it from being abused (i.e. cool down, limited amount of claims within specified amount of time).

I do see your point that spending $100 on a virtual item seems unreasonable, but I believe everyone values different things in life differently and as long as these people have the means to do so, then why not. I'd rather the money go to these guys than EA Games.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2013, 05:49:19 am »

How I understand this game will have a MMO aspect also? If yes, then isn't it little p2w with people having a head start from beginning? How hard will it be to get the ships in game?
Make love not war

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 11:04:05 am »

The trailer/PDF for the 300 got me really interested in this game, but looking more closely at it, I get a sinking feeling I won't be able to afford to have fun with the game.

Maybe I'm wrong, but some players getting a large ship for free that also apparently respawns, for a mere $1250... seems not like the kind of direction I'd like a game I play to take.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29