Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Author Topic: Star Citizen: The Old Thread Was Dead  (Read 61169 times)

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen: The Old Thread Was Dead
« Reply #345 on: December 08, 2019, 08:52:28 am »

I remember how I wanted to donate some years ago...

Like, I literally needed to donate. You know the feeling? I was saved by the price tag, I believe it was like $60 for the cheapest ships. It appealed to my remaining sense of reason, and I decided that spending 60 bucks was not justified at the time.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 08, 2019, 06:51:00 pm »

I remember how I wanted to donate some years ago...

Like, I literally needed to donate. You know the feeling? I was saved by the price tag, I believe it was like $60 for the cheapest ships. It appealed to my remaining sense of reason, and I decided that spending 60 bucks was not justified at the time.
Pretty much the same thing for me.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 08, 2019, 09:25:00 pm »

Funnily enough, Star Citizen is pretty much the only game I've been outright pessimistic about from the beginning. Hell, if you look at my post history I have a history of consistently defending a lot of different games and whatnot, whether I was in the minority or majority.

But as soon as I saw the kickstarter trailer for it, and that goddamn statement about PC gaming being "dead" or whatever, that was it for Star Citizen. And now, many years later, I just keep on reaping the sweet sweet rewards of absolute vindication
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 09, 2019, 10:14:05 am »

But as soon as I saw the kickstarter trailer for it, and that goddamn statement about PC gaming being "dead" or whatever, that was it for Star Citizen.

Boy, it'd be weird if the reason we keep getting "consoles are dead" "PCs are dead" was cyclical, because of consoles being high-end when they're first produced, and PCs being upgraded over time so they surpass them.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 05, 2020, 07:12:34 pm »

If you are interested in the current state of the game. Here is 2 small example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAarBepKQBA

Also yes its my face.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 06, 2020, 01:00:03 am »

That's a 'game' alright. Especially the part where your ship decides to spontaneously convert itself into all of its individual components for no reason at all.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 06, 2020, 01:12:35 am »

Maybe there was a protomolecule on that planet.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 06, 2020, 02:24:53 am »

Time: Nine years
Cost: Hundreds of millions
Value: Priceless.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 06, 2020, 04:06:32 am »

If there's one good thing Star Citizen did, it convinced other, actual game developers that there was a market for space sims, so they went ahead and filled it.

Otherwise, it's mostly just a slow-rolling train wreck that provides endless examples of sunk-cost fallacy and how much money whales are willing to invest into buying their way to being number one.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #354 on: May 06, 2020, 07:13:10 am »

So glad I never backed this. What a mess

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 06, 2020, 07:59:30 am »

After so many years of development, out of having ships that automatically disassemble themselves for no reason in orbit :D, what is there for the player to do in that game ?

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 06, 2020, 08:11:18 am »

After so many years of development, out of having ships that automatically disassemble themselves for no reason in orbit :D, what is there for the player to do in that game ?
Purchase big ships for real life money.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 06, 2020, 08:49:45 am »

Purchase pictures of big ships that aren't even in the game yet for real life money.

Fixed that for you.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 06, 2020, 09:00:23 am »

Looks like after the Pyramid scheme, the Ponzi scheme they should add the Chris Roberts scheme :D

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 06, 2020, 11:28:15 am »

I'm glad I've backed this masterpiece back in 2012 (I think) with several ships.

Then a few laters I realized how this vaporware turd was evolving and sold my ships with life-time insurance, including a Constellation, for a profit of around 250€.

Best money I've ever spent on a kickstarter.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29