Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [IDEAS] - Warplings  (Read 2093 times)

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IDEAS] - Warplings
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 02:24:03 am »

Well, could just do it like the old kobold camp, pretend, and recommend people pick an ocean embark so they start in a cavern.

I wonder if there is a way to convince the game there is no embark-able land on the surface...

fasquardon

Dwarf_Eater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2013, 05:51:45 am »

@Meph

You're right, there could be lack of warpstone if there is no way of shearing transformed creatures, but with Putnam's script true transformation is possible I think?
Then making stable warpstone embarkable with and giving it with embark profile would solve thing. Even three boulders would ce decent start (1 for [BODYWARPER_WORKSHOP] and 2 for transformation) then shearing for weak crystals, which have 60% succes rate in transforming normal stone into warpstone, which transform citizen and so on, so on. If industry is estabilished it'll fuel itself. I know that it can be slow, because of starting 60% rate, but it's as intended - industry will be available from beginning, but won't be abused (as steel making in first season). It'll be restricted by people you have and embark points you are willing to spend

@Faulik

I like the idea of that kind of building :D my question is if it's possible via syndromes to give building area of effect. For example by inscribing runes/spell on building material.
btw. first thing that came to mind? Zergs from SC2. Creep tumor producing creep which makes units move faster :3

@Fasquardon
I don't know even D&D universe, only thing i have in common with it is that I love Todd Lockwood illustrations ^^ but I'll check them out. :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 02:31:36 pm »

@Meph

You're right, there could be lack of warpstone if there is no way of shearing transformed creatures, but with Putnam's script true transformation is possible I think?

Or with the actual trueTransform plugin that comes with DFHack.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 02:50:31 pm »

I don't imagine another modder coming along and implementing stuff to your exact specs.  That sounds a bit like work ;)  This is a neat idea, you seem to have a pretty good grasp of what goes on with modding, if you like to see this happen you should go for it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2013, 05:56:11 am »

I talked to expwnent once about a cavern embark, he mentioned it should be possible by teleporting the embarking units into the caverns. Dont know about the wagon though.

Warpstone buildings that buff nearby creatures can be done, but only if a creature runs the reaction. Or you have a "warpstone disperser" creature, immobile, that you station on the workshop and then run the reaction to give it a temporary reaction (3 months or so) to buff nearby creatures.

Warpstone can easily be modded to be bad for some creatures und good for others. I already do something like that, Miners from the Masons Guild (which is all stoneworkers) are immune to weak warpstone and dont die from the unstable one.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 [2]