Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Corrupted download and another question  (Read 988 times)

isansom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Corrupted download and another question
« on: June 27, 2013, 06:24:05 pm »

Howdy,

First up, thanks for the awesome mod - loving it.

Unfortunately I've had a couple of issues - when I downloaded the mod, my .rar reports that it ended unexpectedly during the extract, I'm worried it's corrupt. Any way you can confirm/disprove this? I've downloaded it twice and got the same message both times. The game seems to run ok, but given I'm new to the experience I'm not sure if I'm missing out on something! :)

Secondly, I'd love to make a couple of tweaks (change to Phoebus for one) but I can't for the life of me find the settings.exe that people talk about. Is that supposed to be included in the download? Perhaps it's not extracting due to the first issue?

Otherwise, cheers for the great mod!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupted download and another question
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 09:36:21 pm »

It's called "Settings.exe" in the folder at the top level of the download. 

Extracting the rar does not normally give an error message on my system.

isansom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 09:56:26 pm »

I will check again when home, but I swear it does not exist for me.

Did you happen to redownload the archive from the link on the main page? Could it perhaps be an old version of winrar?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 11:01:00 pm »

I didn't re-download recently, but I do have 3c which I think is still the latest?
I use WinRAR, but I have no idea how recent my version is.  Probably pretty old. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 11:41:30 pm »

I guess you did "unpack here", and not "unpack to MasterworkDF V3c". You will find the manuals, the settings.exe and the masterworkdwarffortress folder in the same folder you extracted the mod.

It should be a MasterworkDF V3c folder, with a dwarffortress, a masterworkdwarffortress, and some html/exe files in it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

isansom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 03:55:37 am »

I unpacked to a folder I made, I've got the dwarf fortress folder, the masterwork folder, and a magic folder for testers or some such all in said folder. No settings exe in there, I've searched for it and everything.

isansom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 05:44:50 am »

Downloaded a third time, using IE instead of chrome... and I get an additional bunch of files including settings.exe... so hooray :) cheers for the help gents.