Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human Hamlet V0.1  (Read 3694 times)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Human Hamlet V0.1
« on: July 03, 2013, 12:55:44 pm »

Human Hamlet is a mod that changes the main playable race from dwarves to humans. This mod was originally intended to help me learn my way through modding, but I've decided to release this to the public. The mod should be playable in it's current state, but bugs are bound to be present, so feel free to report any problems you have.

Changes from Vanilla
- Humans are now the playable race, dwarves are theoretically playable, but are not activated by default. If you wish to play as dwarves, go to the file "entity_default", find the Dwarf entry (it's way down at the bottom), and add [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] somewhere at the top.
- Humans are now alcohol dependent, as I believe there was bug involving playing as non-alcoholic creatures.
- Above ground plants have been changed into new, real-world crops, with the exception of some special plants. The new crops are grapes, wheat, flax, sugarcane, and potatoes. Wheat is the staple crop, having a higher yield than other plants, and can be cooked or brewed, but grapes and potatoes can be eaten raw or brewed. Sugar cane can be brewed into rum or processed into molasses. Flax can be processed into thread.

Human Hamlet V0.1
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Human Hamlet V0.1
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 12:36:49 am »

Second point: there wasn't, you actually didn't need to do that.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 12:49:54 am »

Yeah, I realized that a short while ago, I'll fix it in the next release. For the moment, just don't install the "creature_standard" file included in the download.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 03:57:05 pm by JacenHanLovesLegos »
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 05:16:04 pm »

Quick note; in real life raw potatoes are poisonous. Rectify this! I demand eet!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 05:17:41 pm »

Quick note; in real life raw potatoes are poisonous. Rectify this! I demand eet!

They're not *that* poisonous.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 03:29:22 am »

They're not *that* poisonous.
No, but give em a syndrome. Brain ro- erm... Slight nasuea for 50 ticks? Just for flavour. (Well they're potatoes. So lack thereof)