Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: A quick test  (Read 11835 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
A quick test
« on: June 30, 2013, 09:03:41 pm »

Hey guys.

I'm working on something, but I need to test an aspect of it. Okie dokie?

Here's the circumstance; it's abstracted for my sake and yours:

You just took a pill. A pill that's supposed to give you some sort of super power. Problem is, you don't know what kind of power it gave you. Your only clue is that when you took it, it caused your gut to swell up and now, whenever you burp, it leaves your teeth with a gritty feeling.

Your task:Figure out exactly what your super power is. What do you do? What actions do you take to try and figure it out?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A quick test
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 09:06:28 pm »

Drink a three litre diet coke. Don't let the little burps through. Save it all for the Big One.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 09:07:32 pm »

In general, I'd focus on trying to breathe specially or maybe vomit, assuming it's a breath weapon or similar.

If that didn't yield anything I could go off of, I'd maybe try messing with my gut, suspecting maybe it has to do with resilience, specifically something about being full of gravel or similar.

Finally, I'd probably start sniffing things to see how I felt about eating them, then trying to eat unusual but not dangerous substances to see if it's some kind of ingestion power.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 09:08:37 pm »

Hold a lit match in front of my mouth next time. Also, what Irony suggested about being Kirby. Try to capture and analyze a breath sample during a burp.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 09:09:01 pm »

In... oh.

Hm.   Eat something, most likely.  Brush my teeth and see what happens?  Spit, too.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 09:10:26 pm »

Probably try to determine what the grittiness was from, and possibly attempt to generate more burps by drinking soda or something. Try burping on things. Past that, that would depend on the results of the previous tests.
If that failed, I'd consider going to a doctor or something and seeing what was different inside of me, work from there.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 09:12:11 pm »

I'd run my finger along the insides of my teeth. Really it's not that hard.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 09:12:46 pm »

I would bite organic and inorganic material for a long period each to ascertain if my teeth now possess alkaline or acidic properties
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 09:13:39 pm »

Exhale on a flexible but solid object like a straw, test for any signs of petrification.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 09:14:34 pm »

I would bite organic and inorganic material for a long period each to ascertain if my teeth now possess alkaline or acidic properties
"Rock...OW! Steel...OW! Penny...oof. Plastic...OW! Copper...OW!! Copper properly removed from wall..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 09:19:28 pm »

Drink a three litre diet coke. Don't let the little burps through. Save it all for the Big One.

You let out a burp so grand it leaves you gasping for air. And though it is impressive, it's still clearly within the realm of the mundane. Although, now your teeth are very gritty, and when you scratch at them, you find little bits of dark reddish stuff. It's gritty and crumbly if dry but when wet it sort of smears. It's definitely not blood. You're not even sure it's organic.

In general, I'd focus on trying to breathe specially or maybe vomit, assuming it's a breath weapon or similar.

If that didn't yield anything I could go off of, I'd maybe try messing with my gut, suspecting maybe it has to do with resilience, specifically something about being full of gravel or similar.

Finally, I'd probably start sniffing things to see how I felt about eating them, then trying to eat unusual but not dangerous substances to see if it's some kind of ingestion power.
Breathing specially...well, you try gasping and huffing and puffing and generally acting like an idiot, but nothing happens.

Vomiting, on the otherhand, yields interesting results. You find you're able to do it at will, and rather then a mess of stomach acid and the sandwich from lunch, you upchuck a solid lump of reddish material about the size of your head. It looks like thick mud or clay that squirms around a bit before hardening into a solid reddish ceramic.

Hold a lit match in front of my mouth next time. Also, what Irony suggested about being Kirby. Try to capture and analyze a breath sample during a burp.
Your breath doesn't seem to be flammable, nor does it seem strange when you capture it in a pickle jar and take a better look at it.

In... oh.

Hm.   Eat something, most likely.  Brush my teeth and see what happens?  Spit, too.
Brushing your teeth yields tiny particles of reddish substance in your sink. Eating something seems to have no effect.

Your teeth seem to be 100% normal. Also, biting spatulas hurts.

Exhale on a flexible but solid object like a straw, test for any signs of petrification.
You are Not a Basilisk.

Feel free to build off each others discoveries. I'll let you know when you've figured it all out. Good work so far, though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 09:22:12 pm »

Evidently, vomiting did the trick.

We seem to be able to produce some kind of clay-like substance that hardens on contact with air.

Further investigation would focus on the clay-like ball vomited up.
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 09:22:19 pm »

Huh, seems like some sort of brick breath. Spit at something.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2013, 09:22:41 pm »

Vomit again, trying to will it into a particular shape as it goes. Maybe a small person.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2013, 09:23:24 pm »

Vomit on a wall.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5