Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The State of the Subforum  (Read 4319 times)

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
Re: The State of the Subforum
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 05:42:32 pm »

I'd like if someone in the forum was given mod powers just so they can sticky threads, that'd allow us to keep the stickies up to date without hassling Toady.
I vote for Dariush.
Seconded.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 06:11:56 pm »

I'd like if someone in the forum was given mod powers just so they can sticky threads, that'd allow us to keep the stickies up to date without hassling Toady.
I vote for Dariush.
Seconded.
Thirded
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 06:27:02 pm »

All of which assumes Toady is willing to give the subforum a moderator, which in the past he's always declined to do.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2013, 06:41:57 pm »

Would giving Dariush this extra burden of responsibility annoy him?  If the answer is yes, then I fully support the motion.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 08:24:26 pm »

No, I don't think that giving Dariush the power to ban or mute anyone would be appropriate.

I'm for LNCP.

Also, I think the subforum will look terrible with some 7 stickied threads up top.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 08:26:22 pm »

I would vote for Meph.  Since he hasn't played in forever, that makes him the most impartial.  He's also clearly proven dedicated to the board and level-headedness.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 02:51:46 am »

No, I don't think that giving Dariush the power to ban or mute anyone would be appropriate.
I don't think moderators can ban/mute, and even if they could, whom would I? As satisfactory as banning everyone in a game and lynching them off one by one sounds, I doubt anyone except me would approve of that. :D

Which threads are there to stick, anyway? It's not like they change more often than like once per year.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 03:17:22 am »

Voting for a board moderator doesn't make sense right now because it'll be virtually impossible to convince Toady to make one. If anyone can, though, it's a good idea.

I don't think moderators can ban/mute, and even if they could, whom would I? As satisfactory as banning everyone in a game and lynching them off one by one sounds, I doubt anyone except me would approve of that. :D

Which threads are there to stick, anyway? It's not like they change more often than like once per year.

I know you're annoyed at Griffonday and some others. Frankly, though, it wouldn't be that bad.

The Open Games, Replacements and Useful Links thread needs to be unstickied and replaced with a leaner, more often-used alternative; the only function there that remains useful is the list of links (of which only three right now are current/useful), so that should either be put into a new thread to be stickied or simply integrated into the stickies by stickying the linked threads. That's the gist of it, at least for me. some more are mentioned earlier.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 07:34:00 am »

I feel like there's overlap between the Mafia: a basic tutorial and "new to the subforum" threads, too. 

Personal feeling is that we should desticky the tutorial and put the other useful links in the "new to the subforum" second post.  And get rid of my thread, because it's useless.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2013, 03:11:34 pm »

Okay.  Opinions?  More coalesced feelings?  I'm about to start updating the Notable Games Archive, and it'd be helpful to know what I should PM Toady.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2013, 03:18:15 pm »

My feeling is that we need at least the New to Mafia thread and a thread with links to everything else stickied. Not sure if anything else really needs to be stickied or not.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2013, 03:21:10 pm »

God knows these things tend to go defunct.

I'm going to go with making a thread for useful links and asking to sticky/desticky as appropriate.  I'll give everyone the heads-up when I've finished.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2013, 05:40:35 pm »

Okay, done!  Toady was really quick this time!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2013, 03:20:10 am »

I think that Basic Tutorial should be removed from the link archive and put into the OP of New To Mafia instead.

And this thread should be renamed 'Administration thread' or something similar, so it doesn't look like we're discussing independence from Bay12.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 03:26:39 am by Dariush »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2013, 03:38:21 am »

I think that Basic Tutorial should be removed from the link archive and put into the OP of New To Mafia instead.

It's already there.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 [2] 3