Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO CONVERT (Sign-ups Are Closed)  (Read 52976 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT
« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2013, 04:50:43 pm »

Shut your mouth heretic, we do not like your kind around here.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2013, 05:47:04 pm »

Oh also, can we also see what village our people are in? Just so we know who we have to screw over.

Everyone starts out in a different village. If you spread out, you'll come to a village with another PC religion. So far that's only happened with GWG and possibly kj.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2013, 07:15:07 pm »

Success!
Oh, I accidentally went to war with Zarut. Okay, maybe it wasn't entirely an accident.

Have my prophet meet the prophet of this false god and challenge him to a test of their deities' abilities.
Use my power to plant holy thoughts in the unbelievers, starting with the brothel owner and others within the brothel.
If anyone attacks my prophet or the mob she created, strike them down with holy acid! Because lightning and fire are such cliches.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 07:40:26 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2013, 07:28:22 pm »

Finished the turn and whatnot. Cool, I get to be against enslaving women and disease and stuff!

Send a large bird of prey to help On'li because all gods that like things associated with parties are on my shit list. Have my followers preach in the streets.
Thank you!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2013, 07:32:53 pm »

Us gods of improvement and junk have to stick together right? And gods of partying are on my shit list as I said before.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2013, 07:36:56 pm »

Success!
Oh, I accidentally went to war with Zarut. Okay, maybe it wasn't entirely an accident.

Have my prophet meet the prophet of this false god and challenge him to a test of their deities' abilities.
If anyone attacks my prophet or the mob she created, strike them down with holy acid! Because lightning and fire are such cliches.
I did not expect to be at war with someone this fast lol, I expected to take over the city first XD

Also edited my action.
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2013, 07:39:00 pm »

Us gods of improvement and junk have to stick together right?
I suppose.

And gods of partying are on my shit list as I said before.
Indeed.

Success!

I did not expect to be at war with someone this fast lol, I expected to take over the city first XD
I ruined your plans! Excellent!

Also edited my action.
Gr! Editing mine!
EDITING WAR!
Sig

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2013, 07:41:44 pm »

Us gods of improvement and junk have to stick together right?
I suppose.

And gods of partying are on my shit list as I said before.
Indeed.

Success!

I ruined your plans! Excellent!

Also edited my action.
Gr! Editing mine!
EDITING WAR!
Damn man, how did I piss in your cornflakes lol, WHY ME!! D:
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2013, 07:44:54 pm »

It started when you were the most successful rival god.

It continued when you fought back, which I'll admit was justifiable.
Sig

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT (Brawl of the Gods)
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2013, 07:21:52 pm »

Send a large bird of prey to help On'li because all gods that like things associated with parties are on my shit list. Have my followers preach in the streets.
(3) A regular size eagle heads to help out.
(1) Your followers decide to hold a party to celebrate you saving them and giving them a new life.

Spoiler: Odessy (click to show/hide)

"We are getting somewhere. I must be subtle, fear of god (As there is only one true God, me, the rest are heretical idols) can be a powerful motivator and a terrible demotivator."

Put in an unseen but likely place for the soldier to find, an old leatherbound book titled the Book of Angel. This book shall teach him how to bring about the world of order, by pledging his alligence to the Angel and obeying his orders.
(1) A book falls out of the sky into the soldier's hands. (1) The holiness of the book burns him to a crisp instantly

Fix the stuttering, try again.
(5) Stuttering fixed, your prophet (2-1) cannot go out and preach because he is recovering from the beating he took. (1) Meanwhile your opponent gets writer's block and burns his new manuscript in frustration.

Spoiler: Me (click to show/hide)

Endow teenage apprentice with incredible charisma, though let it develop gradually as he sells the works of the dog.
(1) The teenage apprentice is endowed with incredible stuttering!

Spoiler: Lupus (click to show/hide)

OPEN THE DOOR

GET ON THE FLOOR

ERRYBODY WALK THE DINOSAUR

(6) "To hear is to obey Lord AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. ERRYBODY WALK THE DINOSAUR!"

(4) The household your followers enter is happy at the dinnertime entertainment they just received.

Spoiler: AAAAAAAAAAAA (click to show/hide)

Name of god: Ooogleboog
First action for prophet: Be a member of a fair city being invaded. FLYING SQUID ATTACK ON OFFENSIVE ARMY COMMENCES. I shout, "I, OOGLEBOOG, TELL YOU LOT TO SHUT UP AND HAVE YOUR SOULS DEVOURED BY SQUIDS!" I tell the prophet, "Go out, and wave your arms about like an idiot, for I have saved your city and all of my followers must do that at some point of their lives!"
(1) You notice he's in a tiny village of pacifists.

Spoiler: Ooogleboog (click to show/hide)

Have my Prophet go see how much it would cost to hire the Assassin's Guild to take out key people of the god of Jealousy. Also, try to smite the unbelievers who left me to join the god of Jealousy
(5) The nearest Assassin's Guild is in another nearby village two day's journey to the west. Are you sure you wish your prophet to go there?  (4) The 30 new converts keel over and die.

Spoiler: Khor (click to show/hide)

Prophet: Go out to calm, and if possible convert, the mob at the Brothel.
Brothel owner: Attempt last action if prophet is successful, if not gather more people in case of a brawl.
Zarut: If stuff gets hairy assist via smiting, if not plant holy thoughts in individuals to convert them.

Use my power to plant holy thoughts in the unbelievers, starting with the brothel owner and others within the brothel.
Godly Duel!
(3) Zarut's thug prophet sends one of his thug friends to calm the mob. (3) He starts trying to do so, (3) but On'Li's prophet attempts to convert him by pointing out how prostitution gives you diseases and oppresses women. (3) The thug decides that he doesn't really want diseases and maybe they have a point, though they shouldn't be burning down brothels. (1) Meanwhile an angry brothel owner (4) gathers a mob of Zarut's followers, pimps, and brothel owners and attacks the anti-prostitution mob. (2,1) Both gods fail to smite anyone because they're too busy making popcorn, On'Li slightly burns his. (6 vs. 5) Both mobs do very well, and slaughter each other until only the former prostitute, a random brothel owner who doesn't follow Zarut but was in the mob, and the thug sent by Zarut's prophet are left. The brothel is still standing however. (1) And the eagle Odessy sent got killed in the fray.

Spoiler: On'li (click to show/hide)

Cloth Merchant: Pay the merchant to write the book, if not enough money is available work out a deal where the money is payed over time.
Assassin's Guild: Gather more information while the festival is going on.

(5) The cloth merchant pays the author to write the book (6) in a series of installments. The book will be done in (5) turns.
(6) The assassin's guild finds out a ton of information, but think they were spotted by an attendant

Spoiler: Zarut (click to show/hide)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2013, 07:25:48 pm »

Have my followers preach and then smite the thug for killing my eagle.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2013, 07:26:09 pm »

Endow teenage apprentice with the ability to sing impeccably - after all, singing most often bypasses speech impediments like stuttering. If successful, inform him that this shall be the only way he shall communicate from now on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2013, 07:31:58 pm »

THE POWER OF ENTERTAINMENT COMPELS YOU, HOUSEHOLD

JOIN US IN OUR TRAVELS FOR I AM AAAAAAAAAAAA THE MOST QUALITY OF GODS

WE SHALL NOW GO ON PILGRIMAGES DEPLOYING THE WALK OF DINOSAUR TO EVERY HOUSEHOLD IN THE LAND

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2013, 07:38:33 pm »

Deciding which religion is the coolest at this point is really tough.

Kj's: only realistic one right now

LordSlowpoke's: hilarious

Harry Baldman's: the dice seem to hate Lupus

GWG's religion is completely sane so far.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2013, 07:39:36 pm »

My religion isn't sane?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33