Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO CONVERT (Sign-ups Are Closed)  (Read 52999 times)

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2013, 07:59:21 pm »

"See the unbelievers being smited and know that betraying me is bad, also they have only 20 people now. Destroy the believers of the god of Jealousy. It's fine to worship others just don't try to leave me."
Have my fifty followers go and destroy the twenty believers of the god of Jealousy, numbers are on my side! We don't need no Assassin's Guild.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:01:51 pm by cattouchdis »
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2013, 08:12:38 pm »

My religion isn't sane?
No, it's just if I had to follow any of these religions, I'd follow On'Li
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2013, 08:19:42 pm »

You wouldn't follow the one who's god routinely sends birds of prey to help his followers?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2013, 08:34:54 pm »

You wouldn't follow the one who's god routinely sends birds of prey to help his followers?
(1) You fail to convert the GM
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2013, 09:07:51 pm »

Deciding which religion is the coolest at this point is really tough.

Kj's: only realistic one right now

LordSlowpoke's: hilarious

Harry Baldman's: the dice seem to hate Lupus

GWG's religion is completely sane so far.

What about mine :(

Prophet: Go out to calm, and if possible convert, the mob at the Brothel.
Brothel owner: Attempt last action if prophet is successful, if not gather more people in case of a brawl.
Zarut: If stuff gets hairy assist via smiting, if not plant holy thoughts in individuals to convert them.

Have my prophet meet the prophet of this false god and challenge him to a test of their deities' abilities.
Use my power to plant holy thoughts in the unbelievers, starting with the brothel owner and others within the brothel.
If anyone attacks my prophet or the mob she created, strike them down with holy acid! Because lightning and fire are such cliches.
Godly Duel!
(3) Zarut's thug prophet sends one of his thug friends to calm the mob. (3) He starts trying to do so, (3) but On'Li's prophet attempts to convert him by pointing out how prostitution gives you diseases and oppresses women. (3) The thug decides that he doesn't really want diseases and maybe they have a point, though they shouldn't be burning down brothels. (1) Meanwhile an angry brothel owner (4) gathers a mob of Zarut's followers, pimps, and brothel owners and attacks the anti-prostitution mob. (2,1) Both gods fail to smite anyone because they're too busy making popcorn, On'Li slightly burns his. (6 vs. 5) Both mobs do very well, and slaughter each other until only the former prostitute, a random brothel owner who doesn't follow Zarut but was in the mob, and the thug sent by Zarut's prophet are left. The brothel is still standing however. (1) And the eagle Odessy sent got killed in the fray.

Spoiler: On'li (click to show/hide)

Cloth Merchant: Pay the merchant to write the book, if not enough money is available work out a deal where the money is payed over time.
Assassin's Guild: Gather more information while the festival is going on.

(5) The cloth merchant pays the author to write the book (6) in a series of installments. The book will be done in (5) turns.
(6) The assassin's guild finds out a ton of information, but think they were spotted by an attendant

Spoiler: Zarut (click to show/hide)
YESSSSS, also, POPCORN!

Anyway
Prophet: Preach in the town square how there is nothing wrong with prostitution and what is said about it is lies spread by the infidels who oppose the all powerful Zarut(aka convert).
Merchant: Sell there various wares to earn money to pay for the holy book, while attempting to convert the odd customer.
Assassin's Guild: Figure out for sure if they were spotted, if so assassinate him if it is safe, if not safe attempt to talk there way out of it without consequences, if not spotted just leave the seen and prepare for the assassination at the end of the festival.
So many ways this could bone me lol.
Prostitutes: Convert the brothel owner and anyone else working there, also raid the bodies of the slaughter for money/weapons and such.
Zarut: Make On'Li's prophet insane again
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2013, 09:39:34 pm »

Deciding which religion is the coolest at this point is really tough.
Is it?

Kj's: only realistic one right now
How so?

Harry Baldman's: the dice seem to hate Lupus
It's never Lupus.

GWG's religion is completely sane so far.
Are you remotely surprised?
I tell you, if it had been me and not Moses who got those Ten Commandments...it probably would have been about the same, but I would have cut back on the other crazy religious rules later!

Oppose Zarut's slander and attempt to make my prophet insane!
Have my prophet perform miracles and explain the truth about the lying, cruel, disease-and-depravity-permitting, dissident-assassinating Zarut.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2013, 09:47:48 pm »

Bury my former prophet's house in LSD to "help" his inspiration process, and heal my current prophet so that he may go out and preach.

((You forgot to remove stuttering from my prophet.))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2013, 10:04:09 pm »

Bury my former prophet's house in LSD to "help" his inspiration process, and heal my current prophet so that he may go out and preach.

This caused me to burst out laughing.

Sigtext

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2013, 10:17:08 pm »

Glad I could deliver, my GM.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2013, 11:28:40 pm »

Is this really the craziest...okay, yeah it is.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2013, 12:55:07 am »

Name of god: Boobs
First action for prophet: Flaunt your stuff at the local gym. Convert any you catch looking.

Hi, guys!
I have laughed so much at Lupus' adventures.

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2013, 01:54:27 am »

Name of god: The Rider
First Action for Prophet: Start murdering the village's horses in the night. Tell the villagers that the killings will continue if the village does not dedicate a shrine to me.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2013, 06:13:23 am »

"Setbacks are only as troubling as you let them be. - The Book of Angel"

Create a much less... pure sample of the Book of Angel and leave it in another place, perhaps a scholar's library.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2013, 06:52:22 am »

Name of god: Q'r'sh;
First action for prophet: convince the villagers that all their troubles stem from the evil influence of On'li and that they must go to war with his village.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2013, 07:58:36 am »

Ha! Joke's on you! I don't have a village!
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33