Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO CONVERT (Sign-ups Are Closed)  (Read 53023 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT
« Reply #195 on: July 11, 2013, 10:12:43 am »

Have my followers preach and then smite the thug for killing my eagle.
(1) Your followers continue to party. (3) the thug who killed the eagle is dead already, but you light his corpse on fire anyway.

Spoiler: Odessy (click to show/hide)

Endow teenage apprentice with the ability to sing impeccably - after all, singing most often bypasses speech impediments like stuttering. If successful, inform him that this shall be the only way he shall communicate from now on.
(5) The teenage apprentice can now sing like an angel, if an angel was a tenor. (1) the presence of Lupus the dog god touching his mind drives him insane when you attempt to inform that this will be his only way of communicating.

Spoiler: Lupus (click to show/hide)

THE POWER OF ENTERTAINMENT COMPELS YOU, HOUSEHOLD

JOIN US IN OUR TRAVELS FOR I AM AAAAAAAAAAAA THE MOST QUALITY OF GODS

WE SHALL NOW GO ON PILGRIMAGES DEPLOYING THE WALK OF DINOSAUR TO EVERY HOUSEHOLD IN THE LAND

(3) The household seems willing to bring the walk of dinosaur to their neighbors and perhaps the entire village, but not the entire land.

Spoiler: AAAAAAAAAAAA (click to show/hide)

"See the unbelievers being smited and know that betraying me is bad, also they have only 20 people now. Destroy the believers of the god of Jealousy. It's fine to worship others just don't try to leave me."
Have my fifty followers go and destroy the twenty believers of the god of Jealousy, numbers are on my side! We don't need no Assassin's Guild.
(6) Your 50 followers immediately drop everything, grab their weapons and attack the 20 believers of the god of jealousy in a jealous frenzy. (2+1 vs. 4) They charge at the followers of jealousy. 17 of the followers lock themselves in their temple, while 3 are slaughtered by your men. Then 5 of them go onto the roof and shoot your men with bows, killing 4 and injuring another 3.

Spoiler: Khor (click to show/hide)

Prophet: Preach in the town square how there is nothing wrong with prostitution and what is said about it is lies spread by the infidels who oppose the all powerful Zarut(aka convert).
Merchant: Sell there various wares to earn money to pay for the holy book, while attempting to convert the odd customer.
Assassin's Guild: Figure out for sure if they were spotted, if so assassinate him if it is safe, if not safe attempt to talk there way out of it without consequences, if not spotted just leave the seen and prepare for the assassination at the end of the festival.
So many ways this could bone me lol.
Prostitutes: Convert the brothel owner and anyone else working there, also raid the bodies of the slaughter for money/weapons and such.
Zarut: Make On'Li's prophet insane again

(2) Your thug prophet decides he doesn't want to go anywhere.
(4) the merchants make a tidy profit, keeping some and setting aside the rest for the holy book, but (1) one attracts the ire of followers of the goddess of wind and pity. (5) They burn down his shop and house as an example to others. (6) The merchant in question gathers some of your thug and bandit followers and leads a raid on the temple of the goddess of wind and pity, (4 vs. 2) setting fire to it and killing a few followers of the goddess before leaving. (2) the followers of the goddess try to put out the fire but fail.
(4) It looks like your men were spotted by an acolyte. (2) Your men decide to get out of there before he raises the alarm. (6) A few minutes later, there's a bunch of loud shouting as a disorderly mob charges after your men. (4) they find your men and chase after them. (3 vs. 3) They almost catch your men, and your guys almost lose them.
(2) The prostitutes are busy working or are recovering from work. Also, they're creeped out because one of the corpses was suddenly wreathed in flames. (4) The town watch shows up on the scene.
(4 vs. 2) On'L's prophet goes insane again.

Spoiler: Zarut (click to show/hide)

Oppose Zarut's slander and attempt to make my prophet insane!
Have my prophet perform miracles and explain the truth about the lying, cruel, disease-and-depravity-permitting, dissident-assassinating Zarut.
(2 vs. 4) you fail to stop Zarut. (3) You make it so she is only has fits of insanity.
(3) Your prophet turns some dirty water into clean water, which no one notices, then (1) attempts to preach but is interrupted by 5 men in dark cloaks being pursued by a mob of followers of the god of magic and disease.

Spoiler: On'li (click to show/hide)

Bury my former prophet's house in LSD to "help" his inspiration process, and heal my current prophet so that he may go out and preach.

((You forgot to remove stuttering from my prophet.))
(2) You decide that LSD is to valuable to waste on him. (3) You speed the prophet's recovery because knowing your luck, the prophet would start hating traditional medicine if you fully healed him.

Spoiler: Me (click to show/hide)

Name of god: Boobs
First action for prophet: Flaunt your stuff at the local gym. Convert any you catch looking.
(5) Your prophet seems okay with this. (1) She then gets stoned for being immodest.

Name of god: The Rider
First Action for Prophet: Start murdering the village's horses in the night. Tell the villagers that the killings will continue if the village does not dedicate a shrine to me.
(5) Your prophet thinks this is a great idea. (3) Unfortunately, it seems that the villagers guard their horses and your prophet only manages to make a nonlethal wound before he has to leave. He decides to wait on the telling the villagers until he can do more.

Spoiler: The Rider (click to show/hide)

"Setbacks are only as troubling as you let them be. - The Book of Angel"

Create a much less... pure sample of the Book of Angel and leave it in another place, perhaps a scholar's library.
(4) creating a less holy version of the book, you (4) leave it in the library of the town's tax collector.

Spoiler: Angel (click to show/hide)

Name of god: Q'r'sh;
First action for prophet: convince the villagers that all their troubles stem from the evil influence of On'li and that they must go to war with his village.
(3) your prophet wants to learn more about this On'li guy so he can convince the villagers he's evil.

Spoiler: Q'r'sh (click to show/hide)

Name of God: *high alto voice saying "Doh Ray Me"*
First action for prophet: SingPreach the heathens to enlightenment.
(3) Your prophet preaches normally. (3) One man decides he wants to become a disciple of your prophet.

Spoiler: Doh Ray Me (click to show/hide)

Is this thing still open to new deities?

Name of god: Ganja
First action for prophet: Tell Prophet Marley to gather up all the townspeople in the main hall and hotbox the shit of that place, while speaking of my greatness.
(6) Your prophet eagerly does so, getting himself incredibly high while doing so. (3) Only some young villagers comply with his request that they go to the main hall, as a wide-eyed man saying "can you believe we have fingers" and reeking of marijuana doesn't seem to be interesting to the older folks. (4) Once there, Marley converts them to you.

Spoiler: Ganja (click to show/hide)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2013, 10:16:48 am »

Give them the power of rock and have them use this power to convert people.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2013, 10:21:34 am »

Give them the power of rock and have them use this power to convert people.
I'd ask clarification, but I think I'll keep it ambiguous on purpose.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2013, 10:23:23 am »

Q'r'sh: Tell the prophet that On'li orders his followers to kick kittens. Also ritual abduction and murder and human sacrifice and stuff.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2013, 10:23:27 am »

Look at your house. Now back to me. Now look at your house. Now back to me. You can see me! Why? Because the whole village is now on drugs. Everything is possible when you're a follower of AAAAAAAAAAAA. Now walk that dinosaur!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2013, 10:25:17 am »

Lupus: empower the teenage apprentice's voice to let it obliterate standing structures when he sings.
Dog-Prophet: convert dogs of the area with your mad skills in landscape artistry.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2013, 10:40:28 am »

Attract an artist to become my holy book producing prophet. Have her begin drawing.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2013, 10:53:51 am »

I attempt to secretly annoy someone into attacking my village. Then squids.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2013, 10:54:46 am »

Spike the town's water supplies with drugs. MAAAGGIIIC drugs that reveal the truth of ME to all who take them. If that doesn't work, start giving everyone in the town free booze, and have my prophet start selling a perfect hangover cure.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 11, 2013, 12:09:09 pm »

"Across the broken multiverse, in each world within infinity, billions cry out for redemption and cleansing, and we shall be the ones who give them what they wish for." - The Book of Angel.

When the tax collecter reads the book, come to him in a vision. Attempt to enter his mind and change the innate desire for order that humans have to an zealous level, then ask him if he wishes to join the Angel in order to create true order.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 11, 2013, 01:44:03 pm »

Isn't an insane stuttering teenage apprentice who has a side business selling the stuff his dog draws and a gift for singing an oxymoron? Most singers don't stutter.

Cure my prophet's insanity--again--whilst informing Zarut that his third strike has been revoked.
Manifest a divine avatar in the form of a brilliantly blue dragon, and demand that the heathens convert!
Q'r'sh: Tell the prophet that On'li orders his followers to kick kittens. Also ritual abduction and murder and human sacrifice and stuff.
If it comes up, halt abductions, sacrifices, and kitten abuse I see.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 11, 2013, 01:48:45 pm »

Isn't an insane stuttering teenage apprentice who has a side business selling the stuff his dog draws and a gift for singing an oxymoron? Most singers don't stutter.

Speech impediments don't apply while singing - the parts of the brain used aren't the same, I think. That's why you can have a person singing confidently, yet unable to string a sentence together because of a speech impediment.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 11, 2013, 01:51:39 pm »

Oxymoron is an oxymoron if you know Latin.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 11, 2013, 01:56:30 pm »

Prophet: Preach in the town square how there is nothing wrong with prostitution and what is said about it is lies spread by the infidels who oppose the all powerful Zarut(aka convert).I swear to god if this guy doesn't do what I want for once I'm going to smite him next turn -.-
Merchant: Keep selling wares and converting, but only attempt to convert those without religion. Also pay the writer his installment.
Assassin's Guild: Get away and sneak back to the guild to prepare for the hit.
Prostitutes: Attempt to seduce convert the town watch.
Zarut: Summon a large holy eagle to land on my Prophets shoulders as he preaches to awe the listeners into converting..
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 11, 2013, 01:57:38 pm »

Oxymoron is an oxymoron if you know Latin.
Isn't that the point?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33