Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with preparing my embark  (Read 825 times)

DarkGazer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Help with preparing my embark
« on: July 07, 2013, 03:35:06 pm »

Whenever I try to make my embark "crew" I'm unable to get to the items. I'm always stuck on the pet selection and there seems to be no way of leaving it... does anyone know how to fix this? It's starting to get quite annoying..

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Help with preparing my embark
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 03:42:58 pm »

With default keybinds, [Tab] switches between dorfs and items. The left or right arrow keys switches between the two columns in these screens: for dorfs, the dorf column and the skill column; for items, the items and pets.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

DarkGazer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 08:50:49 am »

Alright I didn't get that earlier but how do I add more items to my embark? I can't figure that out. Right now all I know to do is increase the amount of items that are already there.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 09:05:22 am »

It's written on the embark screen. Lower portion of the screen.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

Bandreus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 10:11:57 am »

Hit 'n' for adding new items. Pick the item you want from the list, hit enter, use + and - to change desired amount
Check out Enôrbomrek: Bluewhips a community fort and story by me.
Clearly, our top dwarven scientists are hard at work creating a new breed of SUPER WAGON that can survive being scuttled by enemy wagonmancers! These new super wagon troopers will be able to carry TWICE the cargo, be 1/3 the size, and NEVER scuttle!