Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Swords and Potions 2 - Simpler than the original  (Read 13826 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Swords and Potions 2 - We've got a city! (but its full)
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2013, 02:52:13 am »

Ahh I see so Swords and Potions 2 is basically the mainstream casual player version of the first game.

Yes.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Swords and Potions 2 - We've got a city! (but its full)
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2013, 08:04:19 am »

What's broken?
The less features then the 1st game part of it.

So far as I can tell from the kong forum, drastic simplification was a deliberate design goal. Apparently a lot of people complained that S&P 1 was too complicated. They removed worker stats, thugs, furniture damage, items that require multiple crafters to build, no more haggling, no loan payments, no more leveling up crafters, no more crafter happiness, no more days tracking, resource management and the need for buying materials was replaced with a system where materials automagically regenerate over time with no possibility of loss or mistake, and for the most part it doesn't seem to be possible to make any "bad" decisions about things. For example, buying things is always profitable when you sell them because buy prices are universally fixed at half the sell price, rather than being negotiable and affected by stats and chance. If you always click yes you'll always make money. The game is altogether much simpler than the original. It does have some kind of nice refinements for quests and cities, but right now it feels unfinished.

I have a level 22 character in a city with 60,000 people and so far as I can tell, once you've played the first ten minutes of the game, you've pretty much seen all the game has to offer.

Ah... pity... I was actually thinking it was really in alpha/beta too.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]