Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: I loved it when we had a Bay12Games Wurm settlement.  (Read 29624 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I loved it when we had a Bay12Games Wurm settlement.
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2013, 08:15:10 am »

Guys, if you get on, be careful, I haven't seen any around, but Nogumps spawned a while ago.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2013, 08:59:04 am »

Guys, if you get on, be careful, I haven't seen any around, but Nogumps spawned a while ago.
Every time the people on Freedom complete a mission, some Valrei creatures spawn, commonly Nogump.  They seem to select an online player and pop up near them about a minute after the message goes out.  You can tell they've spawned near you because the terrain will 'blink' briefly as it loads up the new models, causing a moment of lag for you.

They cannot pass through locked doors, and nothing will follow you underground.  Bolting to the mine at full speed is a VERY useful idea.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2013, 11:13:28 am »

Every time the people on Freedom complete a mission, some Valrei creatures spawn, commonly Nogump.  They seem to select an online player and pop up near them about a minute after the message goes out.  You can tell they've spawned near you because the terrain will 'blink' briefly as it loads up the new models, causing a moment of lag for you.

They cannot pass through locked doors, and nothing will follow you underground.  Bolting to the mine at full speed is a VERY useful idea.
I don't actually know where the mine is, so hopefully there isn't another attack before I do.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2013, 11:44:59 am »

if you guys will go to a pk server and become a pk town that raids other people and gets into wars im in. its tedious and boring if there is no challenge from other people.

by pk, i mean mean hardcore pk where we get enemies who attack us.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2013, 11:48:11 am »

Wow, what a surprise! I tried out Wurm recently on that server, checked some stuff out and decided that I'd like to go into the wilderness and try and start something. So I went up to that sandbar on the east side of River Lake, just north of where you guys are now and tried training my dig or whatever skill to expand the sand into the water. That was working out alright until there were some raiders that came and ganked my face. At the time, some people were accusing this one guy of being in cahoots with them and hiding them in his mine, so be careful since there might be some raiding operations in the area. I haven't played since since the global chat that was originally pretty nice was just like "lol" when I warned them about the raiders that had killed me. I'll log back in and try working with you guys, though, since it still seems like it could be a fun game.

Are we actually doing the voice chat stuff, though? I logged onto the blaizecraft TS3 server but no one's on. Just wondering if no one's using it or if it's just a bad time. I'm fine with Mumble or Raidcall as well (not really a fan of vent).
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2013, 12:15:48 pm »

Are we actually doing the voice chat stuff, though? I logged onto the blaizecraft TS3 server but no one's on. Just wondering if no one's using it or if it's just a bad time. I'm fine with Mumble or Raidcall as well (not really a fan of vent).

That would be quite helpful actually if we got a teamspeak server going, it would make coordination a lot easier.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2013, 12:34:18 pm »

That would be quite helpful actually if we got a teamspeak server going, it would make coordination a lot easier.

Agreed

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2013, 12:54:19 pm »

Yeah we had blaizecraft floating around the first day, it was me and two others in there and then the next day it was a bit 'eh' and I didnt hop back in.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2013, 12:57:11 pm »

Yeah we had blaizecraft floating around the first day, it was me and two others in there and then the next day it was a bit 'eh' and I didnt hop back in.

I'll hop on if other people are on it.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2013, 02:10:32 pm »

I've decided I'd like to join in on a B12 community for once.  I have no experience with Wurm and I'm not exactly certain what we're doing.  Can anyone bring me up to speed?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2013, 02:13:48 pm »

I've decided I'd like to join in on a B12 community for once.  I have no experience with Wurm and I'm not exactly certain what we're doing.  Can anyone bring me up to speed?

It's a survival townbuilder.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2013, 02:27:34 pm »

Not so much 'survival' as 'improving' I suppose.  After about 2 days you go beyond survival and into rather well-ensured safety.  The big thing, I suppose, is that's it's a slowly rolling snowball of power.  You get progressively better and eventually good enough to take on others in pvp and raids, and in the Epic cluster (as opposed to the PVE) the end goal is to get good enough to carry boats of people and harass the enemy on their home turf.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 09, 2013, 02:38:14 pm »

It's a survival townbuilder/get eaten by everything that moves.

FTFY.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #133 on: July 09, 2013, 03:26:29 pm »

I'm online, ready for the ferry when anyone can get me. Username is CrescentSickle (same as what I'd be using for voicechat).
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2013, 03:33:21 pm »

I'm online, ready for the ferry when anyone can get me. Username is CrescentSickle (same as what I'd be using for voicechat).

I can do it
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26