Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Generating "Ward of Armok" from the Temple of Armok  (Read 1692 times)

promet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Generating "Ward of Armok" from the Temple of Armok
« on: July 05, 2013, 06:27:24 pm »

Hello,

I have a fortress that is slowly being consumed by The Cult of the Carp God. I've tried to draw together the threads of posts, chats and whatnot, on how to generate the Ward of Armok in order to identify the cult leader, but, no candy...

I have built the temple itself, and done all of the offerings it provides a good many times. So, I assume I'm missing something? As well as having a good deal of 'fun' throwing lives and resources at the problem. Can anyone provide a more clear "recipe" for actually "summoning" the Ward of Armok?

p.s. Spoilers are welcome  ;D

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Generating "Ward of Armok" from the Temple of Armok
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 08:39:44 pm »

There are no spoilers, afaik, you just run an appropriate reaction in the temple and a dwarf goes through a temporary transformation into the ward.
How did you build sacred statues in the new version? I cant build the for whatever reason.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 08:43:19 pm »

You need a sprite, or changeling in this version. It's no longer a temporary transform of the dwarf running the reaction.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 09:00:16 pm »

Craftsdwarf Workshop (Totem) --> Shrine of Armok (Ceremonial Statue) --> Altar of Armok (Ceremonial Totem) --> Temple of Armok
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

promet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 09:03:50 pm »

You need a sprite, or changeling in this version. It's no longer a temporary transform of the dwarf running the reaction.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Once you've got a sprite or changeling, what steps do you have to go through to then produce the Ward of Armok at the Temple? Will an order option appear in the queue, or...

FengYun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 11:53:45 pm »

There is a topic [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions. Why didn't you post your question there?

promet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 01:44:43 pm »

There is a topic [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions. Why didn't you post your question there?

Because it was late and I was bleary eyed from staring at tiny dwarves who are not doing what they are supposed to be doing. A thousand pardons master, a thousand pardons!

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 12:47:45 pm »

Craftsdwarf Workshop (Totem) --> Shrine of Armok (Ceremonial Statue) --> Altar of Armok (Ceremonial Totem) --> Temple of Armok

That didnt really answer my question did it?
I said I can't make them, as in i have statues but the reaction is red anyway.

Yes, my bad, for whatever reason i though of the mdf succesion game where it still used dwarves.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 12:49:31 pm by Z1000000m »