Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bigger custom world?  (Read 1294 times)

Zd05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bigger custom world?
« on: July 06, 2013, 11:45:36 am »

Hello, i like this mod but i find 65x65 too small, for many civs (dwarfs, humans, elves, drows, evil version, etc.).

So, is it possible to have a bigger generation? Like 129x129 or more, for a great world with Masterwork adds. One kind of bigger version of Garden of Gaļa, in fact.

Just modify something, or by use of PerfectWorld? With no crash in worldgen ofc...

Thanks!  :)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bigger custom world?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 03:54:59 pm »

It is completely possible to use the adv world gen, or perfectworld, to gen your own worlds that will work with Masterwork just fine. I would suggest hunting down the Perfectworld thread, or the World Gen Cookbook thread, if you need help avoiding world gen related crashes. There will likely be people on those that know a lot more about getting things to turn out how you might like them.

Dwarf Kitty

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeking owner to adopt
    • View Profile
Re: Bigger custom world?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 03:32:14 am »

I use the basic standard worldgen with Masterwork, and it works fine for me.  Few frustrations.   :)

65x65 is rated "small" in standard worldgen.  Medium is 129x129.  That should be enough room for your many civs.  After all, you only need one perfect embark point.   ;)
Menaces with swipes of claw.
Meows with rumbles of purr.

A cute fluffy little creature fond of idle games, DF, and writing.