Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Grim Fortress 12x12 ( 10x12 ) Tileset  (Read 31445 times)

lightrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Grim Fortress 12x12 ( 10x12 ) Tileset
« on: July 06, 2013, 12:30:41 pm »

Noticed that there is now a special tileset section, decided to put my updated tileset here.

Only square version is updated:

Whats new: dwarf tiles and floor tiles ( both inspired by Rogue Yun's Tileset! )
Screenshots of new version will come later

*NEW UPDATE*: New statue tile to fit dwarf tiles! **UPDATE OF UPDATE**: removed unfitting 3D effect from statue tile.
  Tileset:

*FLOOR UPDATE*: new floor tile

*FLOOR AND WALLS UPDATE*: (Ironhand style ( tile magic included ))

I guess i have to tidy this topic up a little bit, to make it look less like a dwarven bedroom

Copypaste from old thread ( few pics in there + downloads for old versions ):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 08:50:17 am by lightrow »

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grim Fortress 12x12 ( 10x12 ) Tileset
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 07:49:20 am »

I think I'm addicted to tilesets.  Just love looking at them and seeing what each artist does differently within the 16x16 grid.  That statue (?) looks great, and the subtle tree changes are gorgeous.  Good work!
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

PigtailLlama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 08:03:19 am »

Oh wow. I really like that depth/sky effect in the last shot, makes me wonder how I could do it with my own tileset...

lightrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 06:22:23 pm »

I think I'm addicted to tilesets.  Just love looking at them and seeing what each artist does differently within the 16x16 grid.  That statue (?) looks great, and the subtle tree changes are gorgeous.  Good work!

i find myself spending more time in photoshop in pixel grid mode, planning fortresses and playing with tilesets rather than actually playing the game... still thinking how to make doors look better, right now they are kinda plain

Oh wow. I really like that depth/sky effect in the last shot, makes me wonder how I could do it with my own tileset...

d_init changed setting:
[SKY:250:0:0:2]

Plus adding colored, slightly transparent background to the tile represeting holes/no floor. I mean in my case all floor tiles have a background, to make ground look solid colored. No floor tiles have a slightly brighter background.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 06:28:31 pm by lightrow »

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 09:51:46 pm »

still thinking how to make doors look better, right now they are kinda plain

Taking something from a plain tileset and making it look better (without losing functionality) is a wonderful goal. I am glad you are working on it. It  looks as though you are doing quite well. Good work!

I love the up arrow. I was wondering how one might approach mixing the up arrow with a tree. It looks really good and fits your style perfectly. Well done!

*edit* OOoooOOOOooo And your bed's look snazzy! I might use a similar design provided I can get your permission.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 10:00:09 pm by Rogue Yun »

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 11:35:34 pm »

Old topics can be moved using the "Move Topic" button on the bottom-left of the page, just for future reference.

lightrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 05:59:55 am »

*edit* OOoooOOOOooo And your bed's look snazzy! I might use a similar design provided I can get your permission.

Sure! This tileset uses a lot of elements from other tilesets, mostly Tocky's, although the bed was drawn by me from scratch  :)

Old topics can be moved using the "Move Topic" button on the bottom-left of the page, just for future reference.

thanks, i tried to move the old topic and checked everything, except the bottom...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 07:45:38 am by lightrow »

Coaldiamond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 01:42:37 pm »

Though I am glad to see an interest in this kind of tileset, I wish you had given credit to all the original creators. Many of the tiles appear to be copied from my tileset (chests, gems, trees, logs, half-barrel, ladel, plants). Other tiles look like the originals set down in Plac1d's tileset which I used when making my modifications. It would be nice if you gave credit to all the sources of these tiles. Other than that, it looks great. Keep up the good work.

lightrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 04:55:14 pm »

Though I am glad to see an interest in this kind of tileset, I wish you had given credit to all the original creators. Many of the tiles appear to be copied from my tileset (chests, gems, trees, logs, half-barrel, ladel, plants). Other tiles look like the originals set down in Plac1d's tileset which I used when making my modifications. It would be nice if you gave credit to all the sources of these tiles. Other than that, it looks great. Keep up the good work.

I've took plac1d's tileset as a base and gave all credits in original topic, later i've been told that Tocky was the original author of those tiles, so it now says Tocky in credits ( under spoiler ). I had to redraw some of the tiles to fit bigger tileset size.
If you really are the author of those tiles, i'm sorry, i didn't know that.

Ah, now i remember, i've taken the pump tile food container tile or ground tile or what is it ( %  ) ah it was indeed a pump/rock/food tile, chest tile and log tile from a DF+ package, my fault, have completely forgotten about that, checked the uploader name now, it is indeed you  :), i'll put you in credits too, the other tiles you named are identical to plac1d's and tocky's tilesets.

PS: Your comment from DF Map Archive: "I should have mentioned, this tileset and graphic set was made by Plac1d. His stuff is still being updated in the DF wiki site. I have made a few small changes to his original artwork though". http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-10183-spillway
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 05:26:26 pm by lightrow »

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
  • "Knowledge is power, guard it well."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 05:16:03 pm »

I especially like the colours used, definitely using this. Thanks!
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 07:34:07 am »

Very nice! It's hard to find good 12x12 tilesets. My netbook has a max resolution of 1024x600 so anything larger than 12x12 ends up getting scaled. I'll give this a shot later.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 02:33:41 pm »

Just wanted to let you know that I added your tileset, with credit given, to the Masterwork DF mod. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 07:48:22 am »

Just posting to say thank you for putting together this set. I've been looking for a bare-bones, no-nonesense tileset that's easy on the eye and has that wonderful 'depth effect'. I wasn't fond of the blueness of this set, but that was as simple as changing [BLACK_B:50] down to a more neutral 30. Now it's perfect for me. :)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 03:21:28 pm »

Adding my voice to say thank you, for a long time i've been using mix matches of multiple tileset and my own attempts at some tiles, but after trying yours, it became a keeper for me, on which i did a few edits for my own use with the 12x12 version.
Thank you for this one.

Feco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 09:09:56 am »

This tileset made me switch from more popular graphic sets.  I absolutely love this.  Excellent work!
Pages: [1] 2