Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 88

Author Topic: The Land of the Sky: Chapter 0.5 - IC Thread  (Read 58526 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
The Land of the Sky: Chapter 0.5 - IC Thread
« on: July 08, 2013, 06:39:52 am »

The Land of the Sky: Chapter 0.5

OOC Thread

This is a forum game with a focus on narrative and combat, the latter of which is a first for me! You're all children who live in a city in the sky. For as long as anyone can remember your people have lived there, and none of you have ever considered that there might be anything outside of this place you call home. Naturally this leads to some interesting events when you are separated from your home. There is magic, and mythical beasts abound, so beware!

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Combat Rules
In this chapter, when you attack with a missile or a weapon, I roll 2d6 and put the result up against the target's speed rating to see if you land the hit. If the result is higher than the opponent's speed, then you land the hit! If its lower, he dodges, and if its equal, the blow is glancing, resulting in half damage, rounded up. If your result is equal to or higher than the opponent's speed rating x 2, then you land two hits!

Damage inflicted is based upon what weapon you're using. Melee weapons have solid numbers, and missiles use a range. Thus, ranged weapons usually have a higher potential for damage, but they can't be used in close quarters. Magic doesn't roll for the hit, and cannot miss, but mages must manage their MP pool in order to be useful throughout the fight. Spells can do massive damage and cause massive shifts in the tide of the battle as long as you have enough MP. There may be exceptions or addendum to these rules with certain special weapons.

If you have a shield, roll 1d6 to see if you block the first blow. If you roll an even number, all damage is negated from that first strike.

Roleplaying
Just remember the setting you're in, and the way you envision your character. Just be natural!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 01:26:05 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: The Land of the Sky: Chapter 0.5
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 06:40:21 am »

Players ( 8 ): GWG, Dansmithers, Gamerlord, Dwarmin, KJ, mastahcheese, Xantolos, Oreosome
Spoiler: Current Player Bios (click to show/hide)

Waitlist: Maxinum McDreich, scapheap
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 05:32:20 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: The Land of the Sky: Chapter 0
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 07:25:56 am »

Name: Clair
Appearance: A pony tailed, red hair girl with black eyes. Wear a thick jumper, baggy trousers and hiking boots.
Role: Warlord
Goal: To rule, anything really.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 01:01:55 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 07:34:51 am »

Is there a castle on a cloud?
I'd like to go there when I sleep.

Seriously, though.

Spoiler: Alex (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 09:14:40 am »

Name: Wellington (Welly to his friends... if he had any)
Appearance: Wellington is a reserved sort of boy, who almost never left the house as a kid. This is due to his unnatural purple eyes. He has short black hair that is rapidly graying and pale white skin.
Role: Paladin
Goal: Be loved by the people.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 09:19:45 am »

Name: Derry
Appearance: Very pale blue eyes, messy brown reddish brown hair. Lightly tanned skin, dirty yellowed teeth and a crooked nose. Broad (for his age) shoulders and whipcord muscles.
Role: Hunter (Ranger/Assassin)
Goal: To one day have all the people who looked down on him at his mercy and to hunt them like the animals they are.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 09:57:50 am by Gamerlord »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 09:38:12 am »

Name: Bethany
Appearance: Tall for her age, and for a girl, but skinny as a rail-and delicate looking. Short, tawny, dark red hair arranged in an artful sheath. Forest green eyes, and a healthy skin tone. Has a pair of russet wings on her back, much like a bird. Her wings and her hair are the same color.
Role: Healer/Support Archer
Goal: To fly high above the clouds, no restrictions...Bethany cannot truly fly, despite her strange gift-agile hovering jumps, and acrobatic swoops being as close as she gets. Living in a city in the sky, this has caused her some consternation. She's always wanted to truly soar, and adventure beyond the boundaries.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:24:35 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 10:20:10 am »

Name: Kyle Johnson
Appearance: Kyle is tall for his age (nearly six feet tall) with brown hair and eye. He has dark bags under his eyes and wears a leather wrist band.
Role: Illusionist rogue.
Goal: To always be happy.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 11:42:28 am »

This looks exactly like my cup of tea.

Name: Cromwell Jackson
Appearance: Cromwell is a lanky kid, and lightweight. He has short brown hair and a constant bored expression.
Role: Storm Mage
Goal: To see the future
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 11:56:49 am »

Ooh! PTW and reserve.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 12:49:10 pm »

We have two wannabe-paladins, a wannabe illusionist/rogue, a wannabe assassin/ranger, and a couple kids who want to be mages of highly destructive varieties.

This will not end well.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 12:51:19 pm »

Two paladins? I'll go warlord then. Make more sense for my goal anyway.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 12:59:12 pm »

Okay, now the tricksters and mages will be our biggest problem.
Sig

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 02:19:02 pm »

Hurrgh.. Just woke up…. Need…. COFFEEEEEEE!! *godzilla roar*

Time to get to work! First turn up in a jiffy (a jiffy? really? thats something only Captain America could say without sounding ironic. :I)!

Mecha-Godzilla is way better than regular Godzilla.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 02:21:01 pm »

I want to reserve a spot please.
Edit

Name: Lucas Alexander
Appearance: He seems to be of an average build. His golden-brown hair is cut somewhat short, but has a sort of knightly look to it, somehow. He has a sort of aristocratic air to him, posturing himself to act like a great knight. His skin is tanned slightly, but he is more on the pale side. His eyes are a sort of reddish purple color, like an Albino's eyes are.
Role: Warmage Crusader (Fighter / Mage)
Goal: "I want, to rule the world. One day, it will be mine, and I'll make it a perfect world to live in."
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 02:30:33 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 88