Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hidden Village: Fighter's Edition -- a custom MUD  (Read 893 times)

alcohol_dependent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hidden Village: Fighter's Edition -- a custom MUD
« on: July 08, 2013, 05:36:23 pm »

Hey all. I've been working on a project in my spare time that's grown to be pretty huge.

It has a lot of features. Most of the building blocks are done and I'm developing more content for it.

For those that don't know, a MUD is an all-text multiplayer online game.

Here is a list of some of the features:

# An all-custom combat engine based on timing, with attack and defense in the hands of the player.
# A persistent "overworld" with a Rogue-style ASCII grid. Static world areas with randomized content are complimented by completely procedural sub-areas for player housing and player missions.
# A mission system inspired by WoW, but ambitious enough to push it beyond kill and fetch quests. Complex objectives that give a feeling of story, progression and character involvement.
# An involving and addictive character advancement system. Develop your character any way you choose -- experience no limits on your characters' development choices except the time you choose to put into them.
# A system for defeating and locking away otherwise invincible supernatural entities using Shodo, a Japanese calligraphy art. Form dark pacts with demons to increase your character's power. Sate the demon's bloodlust with the deaths of your fellow players. Be warned!
# A totally custom special ability system. Special techniques never become obsolete but instead grow wildly in power based on your character's abilities.
# Start as a young child trained to kill from an early age by the militaristic nation that raises you. Become a deadly professional before you hit your teens. Steel yourself to battle the horrors of the supernatural!

My MUDing influences are many and I've played all the tops. An experience MUD player will recognize a lot of my influences -- from KaVir and Damdai/Trenton to Simu and many others.

If anyone is interested in participating in the alpha and giving feedback on the development so far I'd love to hear from you, post here and I'll PM you the highly exclusive connection info. :x

I'm thinking about starting to build a community in the game! Let me know!